+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carrot

Oct 29, 2020
If your birthday does not come too fast, you have a very good chance. I believe you will get your ItA eventually.
On a side note, why not giving IELTS another try if you have room for improvement?
Not OP but my spouse and I have the same score - 471 - does anyone here have any estimates of the possible cutoffs for the next couple of rounds? We have maxed out our IELTS. Not sure there is anything else we can do to get more points and the anxiety is really getting to us.

Emman O.

Aug 5, 2020
If your birthday does not come too fast, you have a very good chance. I believe you will get your ItA eventually.
On a side note, why not giving IELTS another try if you have room for improvement?
I already got band 10. My other option is French. Alternatively, I can increase my work experience from one year to 3 years, but I don't want to use the work experience garnered while doing my first degrees. Because to be honest, it was not paid, and I don't want to lie, though it's a family business and I can always type the reference letter myself. It's a dilemma. Waiting on 471 and having an absolutely clean conscience, Lol.

Emman O.

Aug 5, 2020
Not OP but my spouse and I have the same score - 471 - does anyone here have any estimates of the possible cutoffs for the next couple of rounds? We have maxed out our IELTS. Not sure there is anything else we can do to get more points and the anxiety is really getting to us.
I want to know too. Is the draw gonna be this week or the next? No one knows here, actually.

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
I already got band 10. My other option is French. Alternatively, I can increase my work experience from one year to 3 years, but I don't want to use the work experience garnered while doing my first degrees. Because to be honest, it was not paid, and I don't want to lie, though it's a family business and I can always type the reference letter myself. It's a dilemma. Waiting on 471 and having an absolutely clean conscience, Lol.
You've done the right thing. Claiming undeserved points could land your application in muddy waters if caught. Better to claim what you've done and be able to sleep well, even if your application is taking longer than usual.

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
True, only with draws we might be able predict something. While in theory, with more ITAs scores should go down, at the same time this announcement could attract new people on immigrating to Canada.
Also, important to highlight that 400.000 is the target of immigrants ARRIVING in Canada in 2021, not immigrants receiving invitations.
Therefore, the 4,200-4,500 ITA pattern that we have seen throughout the last months is already a consequence of that. We're living that 400.000/year reality for quite a few time now, we just didn't know about that up until now.
So, we already kinda know how that new policy is impacting the cutoff. Spoiler: it's not changing anything drastically, if we look at the stabilization of the cutoff in the last 3 draws.

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
Are you working at the moment? If you are, you will definitely make it eventually after having completing 3 years of experience.
But anyway, I think you will be fine even without completing.

Fey_fey

Sep 30, 2020
Hi all, so i am on 468, i took the Ielts today to max out but i feel i didn't do well in my listening. I was not sure of a couple of questions. Do you suggest i register for another immediately or wait for the result. Thanks

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Hi all, so i am on 468, i took the Ielts today to max out but i feel i didn't do well in my listening. I was not sure of a couple of questions. Do you suggest i register for another immediately or wait for the result. Thanks
If you feel you haven't done well, you can book another for December then use November to practice real hard. It's important to identify your weakness, take them seriously during practice and also, try as much as possible not to put yourself under pressure. You will scale through in the end.

Reactions: student888

Fey_fey

Sep 30, 2020
If you feel you haven't done well, you can book another for December then use November to practice real hard. It's important to identify your weakness, take them seriously during practice and also, try as much as possible not to put yourself under pressure. You will scale through in the end.

Thanks, I will do just that.

AliPak

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
You reminded me of myself. I applied right ielts right after leaving exam hall. Turn out to be a wise decision. Anyhow, I would say that with new Canada’s ambitious plans, 468 seems like a good score! Learn french as a backup plan. More scores to achieve.

Fey_fey

Sep 30, 2020
You reminded me of myself. I applied right ielts right after leaving exam hall. Turn out to be a wise decision. Anyhow, I would say that with new Canada’s ambitious plans, 468 seems like a good score! Learn french as a backup plan. More scores to achieve.
This is my third attempt and I am really stressed out. I dedicated one month to this exam I just took. I will just wait for the result, then know what next.

Status
Not open for further replies.