+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
And they don't mind the cost of living?
haha - he does, he's a penny pincher. It was actually a little funny - he moved to downtown Toronto in March in the hope that his commute would be a 2 minute walk. That very week Canada shut down everything and he has since worked from home. Still make fun of him for that!

I think he just really want to expierence downtown Toronto. The expierence just turned out to be something else. At least he can see CN tower from his window.

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
haha - he does, he's a penny pincher. It was actually a little funny - he moved to downtown Toronto in March in the hope that his commute would be a 2 minute walk. That very week Canada shut down everything and he has since worked from home. Still make fun of him for that!

I think he just really want to expierence downtown Toronto. The expierence just turned out to be something else. At least he can see CN tower from his window.
Oh my word! :p Shame! Is he living alone? That must be so expensive. I assume his commute was super long before he moved?

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
Oh my word! :p Shame! Is he living alone? That must be so expensive. I assume his commute was super long before he moved?
His commute was fine. He took the Go train for 20-30 minutes which is a short commute by North American standards.

No, he has a wife and is not as fun anymore. haha I'm kidding.

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
His commute was fine. He took the Go train for 20-30 minutes which is a short commute by North American standards.

No, he has a wife and is not as fun anymore. haha I'm kidding.
Lol! Wow, yeah 20-30 mins I could tolerate. 2 hours maybe not. Any idea which area he was commuting from?

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
True! The thought of doing that for a year is daunting, but I'll do what I have to. I assume by menial jobs you mean things like retail work and delivery work?
And customer service representative - those kind of jobs. Doing deliveries with your own car kind of pays better than those other menial jobs (from the experience of my folks, especially in Ontario) but you will need a G license to drive a car for those kind of purposes and I learnt passing the driving test isn't easy at all.

My best friend got his car in his second month in Canada and did that for about 7months before he finally landed a good job in the banking sector. Pre-covid of course.

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
And customer service representative - those kind of jobs. Doing deliveries with your own car kind of pays better than those other menial jobs (from the experience of my folks, especially in Ontario) but you will need a G license to drive a car for those kind of purposes and I learnt passing the driving test isn't easy at all.

My best friend got his car in his second month in Canada and did that for about 7months before he finally landed a good job in the banking sector. Pre-covid of course.
Interesting! Glad to know that's an option. Do you know which company he delivered for?
Not sure how accurate job bank’s trend analysis and prospects in the coming years, but y’all can check your NOCs and preferred settling location in Canada and see the prevailing wage and job prospects. https://www.jobbank.gc.ca/trend-analysis
Thanks for sharing. I've read that a while back, and it's really good info. I also recommend everyone in this forum has a look from time to time, to help with their choices. :)

Komkom

Mar 1, 2020
Hello! How are you doing? :) Yes, indeed. Securing a safer, more developed future with greater career opportunities is definitely a strong reason why I'm doing this. I assume for many of us.

Great to hear that you've enjoyed your time here. Did you come to Cape Town?

Based on your name,

Nice!!!! I visted Jo burg(holiday)and durban (training).And yes I am Nigerian.

You seem like a very pleasant person.
I wish yout the very best in this journey....See you in Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.