+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

artotti

Nov 9, 2018
Guys, I have a question and hope admins here can clarify
Every country, post this pandemic, is enduring great economic turmoil but why is that Canada continuing the immigration.
On the contrary, countries such as Aus, NZ, UK, Japan, Germany, EU have all reduced/paused immigration but why Canada still inviting people
Industries are not doing great (although Canada is slowly bringing back jobs) in Canada and there was news about few layoffs.
Is that mainly to address their population crisis or bringing skilled immigrants to address the labor needs (despite the pandemic) or improve the economy?
Could someone apprise me of the logic?
I'm at 467 and really delighted to see the FSW draws back in business but wanted to know the logic of Canada when almost every country has reduced/closed its door.
I think they are still doing the draw because even if they draw your name today, you will only be able to be in the country sometimes after April or May 2021 at the earliest, due to the the length of application process. By then it is expected a vaccine would be widely available

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Congratulations to everyone, it seems FSW draw is fully back now. Back to back 4200 invites and a huge 3points drop is a good sign for people with lower scores. If we see a draw of 4200 on September 30th, it's very likely for the draw to drop to high 460s but IRCC is full of wonders. They could switch back to PNP-CEC in the next draw since there's going to be 3 draws this month.

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Every country, post this pandemic, is enduring great economic turmoil but why is that Canada continuing the immigration.
On the contrary, countries such as Aus, NZ, UK, Japan, Germany, EU have all reduced/paused immigration but why Canada still inviting people
Industries are not doing great (although Canada is slowly bringing back jobs) in Canada and there was news about few layoffs.
Is that mainly to address their population crisis or bringing skilled immigrants to address the labor needs (despite the pandemic) or improve the economy?
I'm at 467 and really delighted to see the FSW draws back in business but wanted to know the logic of Canada when almost every country has reduced/closed its door.
Ageing (and small) population is the key driver

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
I think they are still doing the draw because even if they draw your name today, you will only be able to be in the country sometimes after April or May 2021 at the earliest, due to the the length of application process. By then it is expected a vaccine would be widely available
People might get in earlier than that. I think the process would be faster now compared to few months ago.

Pyruvate1

Oct 24, 2018
Congrats guys! I'm on 469 hoping for a miracle in the next 2 draws! Btw did not understand the tie breaking rule which is as of 9th march.
There has bern
Congratulations to everyone, it seems FSW draw is fully back now. Back to back 4200 invites and a huge 3points drop is a good sign for people with lower scores. If we see a draw of 4200 on September 30th, it's very likely for the draw to drop to high 460s but IRCC is full of wonders. They could switch back to PNP-CEC in the next draw since there's going to be 3 draws this month.
If it was this, they could aswell have done CEC today and FSW next draw. It will still be two FsW draws thia month, but it was not alternated. I am sure FSW is fully back, also with issuance of PR too

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Ageing (and small) population is the key driver
Yes, I suspect this is the case. And whoever gets drawn doesn't go in immediately. The population is actually expected to shrink over the coming decades. People die, people refuse to have children, and people move out of Canada to other countries (like the US). The immigration levels right now only offset the population decline. So, any growth would come from kids. That's why if you hear any arguments against immigration because of "unsustainable growth", you know it's nonsense. The pandemic will pass (and Canada is already doing much better), and the need for EE immigrants hasn't faded. We help keep the economy going over the long-term. :)

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Yes, I suspect this is the case. And whoever gets drawn doesn't go in immediately. The population is actually expected to shrink over the coming decades. People die, people refuse to have children, and people move out of Canada to other countries (like the US). The immigration levels right now only offset the population decline. So, any growth would come from kids. That's why if you hear any arguments against immigration because of "unsustainable growth", you know it's nonsense. The pandemic will pass (and Canada is already doing much better), and the need for EE immigrants hasn't faded. We help keep the economy going over the long-term. :)
Well said.

akmh1b

Mar 6, 2018
This what the local press is saying recently: https://www.thestar.com/business/2020/08/20/reduced-immigration-could-threaten-canadian-economic-growth-report-says.html

COViD hasn't changed the outlook govt has for immigration. They have been smart with keeping programs going and inviting those already inside Canada to avoid any public backlash.

Preetam@BD

Star Member
Jun 29, 2020
Just a quick question guys, Now that I've got ITA, I'll be going for medical lets say 2nd October. As far as I know medical is valid for 1 year. So I'll have to land in Canada before 2nd October 2021? or the one year countdown starts from the day I pass medical?

TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.