15-10-2020
Med's Done....
08-09-2020
Passport Req..
28-1-2021
Manage your expectations guys

ns317

Aug 29, 2019
There's no logic in expecting a draw today. One week gap draws have always had a reason - either a skipped draw before that or in anticipation of a skipped draw (such as just before the Christmas break). When IRCC is well on track for the target numbers for the year, there's no reason to expect a one-week gap draw.

Having said that, there's nothing predictable about this process. So who knows, maybe there will be a freak draw.

(The maintenance message is a bogus theory, so don't go by that).

Does anybody have an idea about the tech draws of Ontario? Is it likely that they conduct more tech draws this year? FSW AT 468.
Almost certainly between Aug, Sep and Oct, they'll conduct one tech draw and one priority occupations draw. Their target for the year is clearly defined (7,600 allocated and out of that, 4,482 invited so far), and they've been following a clear schedule despite covid. I expect around 1,000-1,200 tech invites and 700 priority occupations invites by October.

I am at CRS 474, NOC 2147, shall I be hopeful for a NOI if Ontario conducts a tech draw?
If it's part of the NOCs that are typically called, definitely be hopeful. But I think there's a chance those of us at 474 will get invited in August/September depending on how the FSW story plays out.

garryrandhawa

Star Member
Jan 12, 2020
We (my wife and I) are waiting for the OINP tech draw as well. We are FSW with 467. Hoping that they would conduct few more tech draws as they have around 2000 left in the annual quota. :)
Hi, thanks for your inputs. Okay so this 2000 number is for the entire HCPS or its only for the tech category of HCPS,any idea? Thanks very much for the participation, hoping for us to be drawn out of the pool soon!! :)

garryrandhawa

Star Member
Jan 12, 2020
There's no logic in expecting a draw today. One week gap draws have always had a reason - either a skipped draw before that or in anticipation of a skipped draw (such as just before the Christmas break). When IRCC is well on track for the target numbers for the year, there's no reason to expect a one-week gap draw.

Having said that, there's nothing predictable about this process. So who knows, maybe there will be a freak draw.

Almost certainly between Aug, Sep and Oct, they'll conduct one tech draw and one priority occupations draw. Their target for the year is clearly defined (7,600 allocated and out of that, 4,482 invited so far), and they've been following a clear schedule despite covid. I expect around 1,000-1,200 tech invites and 700 priority occupations invites by October.

If it's part of the NOCs that are typically called, definitely be hopeful. But I think there's a chance those of us at 474 will get invited in August/September depending on how the FSW story plays out.
Hi, thanks very much for the break up of numbers and the related information.

mushthaq33

Jun 24, 2020
Hi, thanks for your inputs. Okay so this 2000 number is for the entire HCPS or its only for the tech category of HCPS,any idea? Thanks very much for the participation, hoping for us to be drawn out of the pool soon!! :)
It's my pleasure :) This is for the entire category of HCPS. Being hopeful :)

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020

There is a logic reason to expect a draw: it's a 5 wednesday month. Historically, the majority of months with 5 wednesdays had B2B draws. Sure, not 100% of them, but the vast majority did. So, it's not absurd to predict the possibility of a draw today.
Yet, given COVID circumstances, no one knows for sure if it would be of IRCC best interests to do it now. But, to say there's not precedent to expect a B2B today is just wrong.
We'll see. If a B2B happens, i would expect it to be a FST one, since there's almost 1 year since the last one, and since FSTs are usually (way) smaller draws, it wouldn't affect too much the annual target.

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
July 29, 2020

Tech Draw: OINP to issue Notifications of Interest for Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities stream

On July 29, 2020, the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) will issue targeted Notifications of Interest (NOIs) to candidates who may qualify for Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities (HCP) stream and have specific work experience.

If you receive a NOI, you do not need to contact the program.

If you receive a NOI on July 29, 2020 and can demonstrate that your work experience is in one of the eligible NOC codes listed below, you may apply to the HCP stream.

The OINP will target candidates with work experience in the following National Occupation Classification (NOC) codes. The Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) range of the draw will be posted on the Express Entry Notifications of Interest page on July 29, 2020.

0213 Computer and information systems managers
2147 Computer engineers
2172 Database analysts and data administrators
2173 Software engineers and designers
2174 Computer programmer and interactive media developers
2175 Web designers and developers

https://www.ontario.ca/page/2020-ontario-immigrant-nominee-program-updates

BlindGoku

Jul 9, 2020
July 29, 2020

Tech Draw: OINP to issue Notifications of Interest for Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities stream

On July 29, 2020, the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) will issue targeted Notifications of Interest (NOIs) to candidates who may qualify for Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities (HCP) stream and have specific work experience.

If you receive a NOI on July 29, 2020 and can demonstrate that your work experience is in one of the eligible NOC codes listed below, you may apply to the HCP stream.

The OINP will target candidates with work experience in the following National Occupation Classification (NOC) codes. The Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) range of the draw will be posted on the Express Entry Notifications of Interest page on July 29, 2020.

2147 Computer engineers

I am at 478 CRS score with just over two years of 0213 experience, would I get it?
How do they check on experience? Same work reference letter?

garryrandhawa

Star Member
Jan 12, 2020
July 29, 2020

2147 Computer engineers

Hi! Thanks for the update. I am at FSW 468 and hold more than 1 years of experience in one of the NOC codes in the above list. SHould I expect an NOI from ontario? Do I need to do anything or I should wait for the notification to get reflected? I entered the pool in march 2020

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Hi! Thanks for the update. I am at FSW 468 and hold more than 1 years of experience in one of the NOC codes in the above list. SHould I expect an NOI from ontario? Do I need to do anything or I should wait for the notification to get reflected? I entered the pool in march 2020
If your primary NOC is under the list of targeted NOCs, then Yes you will get invite.

Status
Not open for further replies.