Status
Not open for further replies.

Jo1984

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I think everyone will be okay if some kind of announcement was made about suspension of FSW draws instead of leaving them hanging without a clue. They announced suspension of every other type of visa except FSW draws, so irresponsible.
Sometimes I think maybe that's good news. Maybe when the Twitter standard reply is "We are not going to speculate on future draws" that really means that they are deciding before each draw.

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
But even in that case, it will still take 6 months (or longer, if there is a backlog). It's hardly going to be approved in a matter of weeks.
Application processing or approval can’t be controlled by IRCC in real sense as every VO has their individual jurisdictions so they don’t want to bank on that. They would prefer something more easier to control.
With the confirmation of Dexamethasone as a treatment which reduces death among severe Covid-19 patients, we would see how the world reacts to that.

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
I think everyone will be okay if some kind of announcement was made about suspension of FSW draws instead of leaving them hanging without a clue. They announced suspension of every other type of visa except FSW draws, so irresponsible.
All we receive is that machine-spitting " We aren't going to speculate..."
I have a feeling that they only decide if a draw is gonna be with or without FSWs close to its happening. They have no plan to resume nor suspend the FSW stream.

Reactions: Jo1984

cchk331

Jun 5, 2020
because they are not suspending it i believe

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
But even in that case, it will still take 6 months (or longer, if there is a backlog). It's hardly going to be approved in a matter of weeks.
Alright imagine this scenario, I am in the US and lets say I got an ITA, now I dont have any medicals or PCC documents. Rest of the documents I can manage but there is no way I can manage to get medical and PCC documents within 30/60 days, may be I can manage to get PCC records from the FBI but I am not sure about Indian PCC records. These kind of uncertainties makes me think it is better not to get an ITA as I know I cannot fulfill the requirements within given period of time.

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
Alright imagine this scenario, I am in the US and lets say I got an ITA, now I dont have any medicals or PCC documents. Rest of the documents I can manage but there is no way I can manage to get medical and PCC documents within 30/60 days, may be I can manage to get PCC records from the FBI but I am not sure about Indian PCC records. These kind of uncertainties makes me think it is better not to get an ITA as I know I cannot fulfill the requirements within given period of time.
Sometimes I also wish the ITAs would not come soo early. The pandemic really messed up a lot of our lives.
I will need to sit down and talk to my boss, whom I adore the most and who really sees me as her successor, that I will eventually migrate and I need her help to provide the proof of employment. I mean, this is just the wrong time to break any news to anybody.

Reactions: Priyanka2010

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
Sometimes I also wish the ITAs would not come soo early. The pandemic really messed up a lot of our lives.
I will need to sit down and talk to my boss, whom I adore the most and who really sees me as her successor, that I will eventually migrate and I need her help to provide the proof of employment. I mean, this is just the wrong time to break any news to anybody.
Don't mind me, I just had some liquor.
Let's just keep up our hope. The draw will come soon.

Reactions: Jo1984

cali_ljz

May 6, 2020
I have a question about the NOC and appreciate any help/recommendations. I work for investment bank front office and deal with origination of debt and stock. I submitted my EE profile a year ago and chose the NOC 1112 (financial and investment analyst). I am a CFA and I have MBA degree so I did not think too much before picked NOC 1112.
However now re-reading the job duties of NOC 1114 (other financial officers), one of the main duties "Financial underwriters underwrite new issues of stocks and bonds, negotiate with corporations and governments to determine the type and terms of new securities issued and prepare offering prospectuses" seems really fit my current role.
On the other side, there were a few discussions about the NOC 1112 & 1114 on this forum, and people say NOC 1114 is more for back office, which does make sense when you look at keyword as controller, investigator etc. And if I land in Canada, I am definitely gonna look for jobs that match more like NOC 1112, such as pension fund portfolio manager, investment banking analyst etc.

Its really confusing cuz part of NOC 1112 fits what I do while that bullet in NOC 1114 really fits me as well. I can tweak the job duties to match more like NOC 1112 without mentioning the word "underwriter".

I see Ontario has the tradition of picking PNP with NOC 1114. Would you guys recommend me to change to NOC 1114 to be elected sooner?
If I get elected, am I required to look for jobs only classify under NOC 1114 (such as finance controller, underwriter etc.)?

Thank you so much.
I am NOC1112, too. But honestly I think your NOC is greatly dependent on who and how your employment certificate is drafted. If you really want to switch to NOC 1114, I suggest find someone that understand your situation and it's easy to talk to. My job duties, on the other hand, don't have much to tweak. So good luck!

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
They are giving 90 days to submit an application because of this and an extra 90 days if applicants are unable to submit a complete application so almost 6 months of time. The problem with not receiving ITA now is many people are losing points because of age, they would rather have 6 months of no processing and ITA rather than no ITA and loose their chance forever.

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
They are giving 90 days to submit an application because of this and an extra 90 days if applicants are unable to submit a complete application so almost 6 months of time. The problem with not receiving ITA now is many people are losing points because of age, they would rather have 6 months of no processing and ITA rather than no ITA and loose their chance forever.
I did not know this and that is great news, I am also one of the candidates who will loose 5 points in a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.