+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 98th Draw

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
I will miss you guys! Good luck to you all on your journey
Congratulations on your ITA! You were one of the older members at the time I started following ROH in April, so will definitely miss you! All the best for your application and PR process :)

sonapradnya

Star Member
Aug 6, 2018
Hi All, I am also at 440. I submitted August 15. I suspect that the 2 IELTS result had an impact this time. It should be different for the Sept 5 draw, with 1 IELTS result, and even more interesting for the Sept 19 draw, where there will be no IELTS result.
There will not be any draw on 5th Sept nor on 19th Sept.
This time it will be on 12th Sept after 3 weeks gap n most probably the crs cut off might go high.
Those who can increase their points pls do.

Reactions: Kurco and ashokacca

ashokacca

Jun 21, 2018
Hi everyone... please advice... i have 440 crs points.. profile created on june 24... i lost to cut off date in the last 2 draws.. in the coming months i may or may not get ITA... i am in india now... However, i want to apply for student visa and come to canada in December.. suppose i get my ITA before December, can i apply for PR before December from india and then come canada as student while my application is being processed? Or Should i stay in india till i get my PR?.. Thanks

Nikhil Muthyala

May 22, 2018
New approach to rank candidates with the same CRS score
We can now break ties between candidates with the same rank in the pool.

The Express Entry system ranks candidates in the pool by their CRS score. In case of a CRS tie, the system will then rank all tied candidates based on the date and time that they submitted their profile.

For example:

The highest ranked candidates are invited during rounds of invitations. If we issue 3,500 invitations during a round, the system will pick the top 3,500 candidates at that time. The cut-off for the round is set by the CRS and submission date of the 3,500th candidate. It could look something like this:

Rank CRS Profile submission
(Date and time)
Status
3498 422 October 14, 2016 at 20:40:56 Invited
3499 422 February 5, 2017 at 11:32:01 Invited
3500 422 March 27, 2017 at 08:12:23 Invited
3501 422 March 27, 2017 at 9:54:39 Still in the pool
3502 423 June 3, 2017 at 22:57:12 Still in the pool
Note, if you update your profile, the system will keep the original date and time stamp when you first submitted your profile. But, your profile will have a new time and date stamp if:

• you choose to withdraw your profile and create a new one instead or
  • your profile expires and you submit a new one
Great Info,
So in this case; my profile was originally created on MArch 27 2018, and i want to update my new IELTS score in next week, so my original date will remain the same even after my update right?

hellotipsy

Star Member
Jun 6, 2018
Technically there was only one 3 week draw gap (In March) and all other draws just adjusted to it (YES, including the june draw). Try mapping out the original draw dates without the 3 week draw gap that happened in March.

I personally think there will be no more 3week draw gap in the future especially they cannot afford it now as they haven't reached the same number of issued invitations during the same time last year, and this year's quota is actually larger by comparison.

PS. Alas, 3 week gaps every first week of every end of quarter also fits the bill. I just prefer to believe that there will be no more 3 week gaps ever ;p

Last edited:

ain88

Feb 20, 2016
What? :eek: 3 weeks gap? Hope not..

If there is a draw on sept 5th and 19th, that means there will be only 2 draws this month so why people are talking about 3 draws per months? It will be october if thats the case?

edit: oh i see what people are talking about now, but still it was only 2 times and only happend this year looks like?....hope there's draw in two weeks as it suppose to be!:)

Last edited:
Reactions: syntaxrage

visaapplicant

Star Member
May 31, 2018
There will not be any draw on 5th Sept nor on 19th Sept.
This time it will be on 12th Sept after 3 weeks gap n most probably the crs cut off might go high.
Those who can increase their points pls do.
Beg to disagree. I guess they will stick with bi weekly until September or October. They may just decrease issued ITA.

sonapradnya

Star Member
Aug 6, 2018
Beg to disagree. I guess they will stick with bi weekly until September or October. They may just decrease issued ITA.
Hope my prediction goes wrong if its benefiting all.
But till now all my predictions were right. So to be on safer side, if anybody can give ielts n increase points or any other means then pls do so.