+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 98th Draw

Min01

Aug 22, 2018
Doubtful unless draw increases from 3750. The tie breaker date only moved forward by about 2 months within at 440 points. So I think its going to take a few more draws at 3750 to get to 439. Could be wrong though as someone mentioned 2 IELTS between last two draws.
What is 2 IELTS ? Do you mean provincial nominations ?

syntaxrage

May 21, 2018
IELTS General Training
I am doing it for the 1 st time and the only thing that I don't like is you can't use similar context meaning. For example, on a practice website, one of the listening questions economical and low costs were used in the recording . I typed in more economical as my answer to the question, but got it wrong and the correct answer was low costs.:eek: My knowledge is cheap , low costs etc.. are synonyms for economical. My question is, IELTS examiners go by a computer answer sheet or by knowledge? Anyone has any guidance?

go4sacchi

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
There will not be any draw on 5th Sept nor on 19th Sept.
This time it will be on 12th Sept after 3 weeks gap n most probably the crs cut off might go high.
Those who can increase their points pls do.
you and @ashokacca both are wrong.
True that.. as per IRCC routine.. it unlikeley to have a draw on sept 05... the draw skip always happened this year on the 1 week of the 3rd month of every quarter
I hope you and @sonapradnya are wrong.

I see that we had a 3 week gap draw only on 14th-mar-18 which fits to the 1st week of 3rd month analogy presented by you. Other than this we had no draws which were after a 3 week gap. June 13th was the 1st week of 3rd month (second quarter) and it was after a 2 week gap (there was a PNP and FSTP draw on 30th may which cannot be considered as a gap week). the only other time when we had draws more than 2 weeks were 11th-apr (2 week 2 days) and 11th july (2 week 2 days). So think positive and be positive. Positive vibes definitely help turn things into favorable outcomes.

bluehorse

Dec 1, 2017
USA
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO - Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-07-2021
Passport Req..
17-01-2022
LANDED..........
27-04-2022
There are 7 draws only left for this year(Assuming 2 per month with November having a regular draw and a PNP/FSTC draw).

Assuming the number of ITAs left are 89000(3k more than what was issued last year) - 54700 = 34,300

Out of these 34,300 approx count of ITAs, 700 or 800 will be allocated for the PNP/FSTC draw. So roughly we have 33,500 left. Spanning this count of 33,500 across 7 federal draws gives us 4780 ITAs per draw to meet their annual target for this year.

As IRCC is constant with the number of ITAs to 3750, going by the same number for the rest of all 7 draws -- They will not meet their target. Thus there will be back to back draws if draw size is not increasing to meet their targets. We might see a back to back draw even next week ... who knows but it will happen for sure ...

Babsfrey

Star Member
Aug 22, 2018
There will not be any draw on 5th Sept nor on 19th Sept.
This time it will be on 12th Sept after 3 weeks gap n most probably the crs cut off might go high.
Those who can increase their points pls do.
This is a pessimistic view but I will take it. My spouse is writing her IELTS and should have her result next week. The only challenge is her WES. She is masters degree holder, but WES has a way of delaying the process. WES sent confirmation email back to school but school is yet to confirm. Tough!

syntaxrage

May 21, 2018
There are 7 draws only left for this year(Assuming 2 per month with November having a regular draw and a PNP/FSTC draw).

Assuming the number of ITAs left are 89000(3k more than what was issued last year) - 54700 = 34,300

Out of these 34,300 approx count of ITAs, 700 or 800 will be allocated for the PNP/FSTC draw. So roughly we have 33,500 left. Spanning this count of 33,500 across 7 federal draws gives us 4780 ITAs per draw to meet their annual target for this year.

As IRCC is constant with the number of ITAs to 3750, going by the same number for the rest of all 7 draws -- They will not meet their target. Thus there will be back to back draws if draw size is not increasing to meet their targets. We might see a back to back draw even next week ... who knows but it will happen for sure ...
Makes sense

Reactions: visaapplicant

syntaxrage

May 21, 2018
This is a pessimistic view but I will take it. My spouse is writing her IELTS and should have her result next week. The only challenge is her WES. She is masters degree holder, but WES has a way of delaying the process. WES sent confirmation email back to school but school is yet to confirm. Tough!
Good luck..
seven days, I thought results were 13 days from sitting ?

Min01

Aug 22, 2018

I hope you are right but we really do not know what their plans are. To the positive note, it seems they are becoming more consistent by drawing more people per drawing than they did in the begging of the year. It shows that they improved their processing capacity and might be able to handle even larger/ more frequent drawings. Only time will tell but I hope there will be a drawing on Sept 5th.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
IELTS General Training
I am doing it for the 1 st time and the only thing that I don't like is you can't use similar context meaning. For example, on a practice website, one of the listening questions economical and low costs were used in the recording . I typed in more economical as my answer to the question, but got it wrong and the correct answer was low costs.:eek: My knowledge is cheap , low costs etc.. are synonyms for economical. My question is, IELTS examiners go by a computer answer sheet or by knowledge? Anyone has any guidance?
they have a list of words acceptable for the answer. all the words are from the recording.