+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 98th Draw

Spawnre

Aug 9, 2018
Congrats. Get your documents ready now. Can you please share the Writing material you used . I am sitting Ielts soon for 5th time and need to pull Writing to 7.5 to get 3 more points. Thanks.
I followed two courses on Udemy by Matt Raisbury. He also provided ten Band 9 level essays - I basically read all of them atleast 50 times and followed exact same structure. It was really helpful for me.

Do note that Indian examiners gave me 7 twice for similar structure answers.

Reactions: nns14

senthilkumarank

Star Member
Apr 27, 2017
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-07-2018
AOR Received.
04-11-2018
I followed two courses on Udemy by Matt Raisbury. He also provided ten Band 9 level essays - I basically read all of them atleast 50 times and followed exact same structure. It was really helpful for me.

Do note that Indian examiners gave me 7 twice for similar structure answers.
Good to know.. Can you please share those docs/videos in Google drive link or any other cloud storage to get access?
It can very well benefit who cannot able to cross 7 or more band in Writing.

Last edited:
Reactions: SteelTitan

vmsanthosh.chn

Jun 29, 2017
Good to know.. Can you please share those docs/videos in Google drive link or any other cloud storage to get access?
One small trick I have been following for writing these days. Use idioms wherever possible. This gives a different view and gets you some score. I started getting 7 or 7.5 with this trick. I couldn't crack clb10 yet, but my problem is with listening.

So this is how I would structure the essay. First paragraph, rephrase the topic in different words, one line as a lead for next paragraphs, 50 to 60 words. Second paragraph, start with some linking word to feel the continuation, write first line to indicate what you are going to discuss in this para (topic line) and stick to that throughout the paragraph. Do not deviate away from your topic line, no matter what. Give some examples or close it with some idioms (like every cloud has its own silver lining, beating around the bushes, bite the bullet etc). Make sure, it doesn't look it was forcefully inserted, it should gel with the flow. That is important.

Repeat the same structure for second paragraph, and a third one as your conclusion. That's it. Have fun !!

Reactions: tobs and nns14

jahrule

Star Member
Dec 31, 2015
Hi all, my noc is 6311, tomorrow will be my 1 year at my job, hoping to apply under CEC. I started getting my documents together and ask for the experience letter from employer, they did not put exactly the duties that are listed in the noc code but more front counter positions then went on to say that I also carry out management duties and run a full shift on my own sometimes. Do you think this is sufficient. Hoping to be in the draw next Wednesday.
All the best to all.

NMu

Aug 8, 2018
Hi peeps,

For those who want to score 7+ in writing and are good in other modules, do purchase the advanced writing lessons on www.ieltsliz.com.

They are a real eye opener, helped me get 8 once and 8.5 bands in writing. I highly recommend going through the samples on this site too. For IELTS, if one doesnt follow the format required, they'll surely get less bands, no matter what vocabulary they use.

She(Liz) usually puts these lessons on discount, do check up. But they are worth it even without discount.

Reactions: tobs and sunboy129

Spawnre

Aug 9, 2018
As much as I would love to share them, those are copyrighted stuff. :( Also, the courses are pretty cheap on Udemy [640 INR something].

However, I prepared a skeleton document [Template] for all types of essays for myself. Will find that and share.

Last edited:
Reactions: sunboy129