+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 97th Draw

adityashedge

Jan 27, 2018
Wasn't the website under some maintenance activity? Is it up an running now?
A scheduled maintenance is basically deployment of new code or applying security patches to the operating system. It is always done at a time when there is less traffic on the website, typically at night. But, since IRCC website is accessed from around the world, it should not matter. It seems unlikely that there are major infrastructure upgrades or major changes in database, n’importe quoi, so I think the site will be back up before 12pm UTC, which is when the draw results are posted.

PS Government employees won’t deploy in the middle of the night right before a draw. They will play it safe.

Last edited:
Reactions: NM2018

Rob13

Star Member
Apr 5, 2017
Guys! Need a favour. I'll be out of internet and laptop tonight in India. Could someone whatsapp me the draw results? +91-9884395918 Or if someone can add me to the group, I'll be much happier.
P.S. My phone has software issues and I am able to use only Whatsapp and calling.

Reactions: ashokacca

NM2018

Star Member
Jul 19, 2018
Ok, so I am confused and need some clarity on this EE draw thing. Say for example, the cut off CRS is 440, so will all applicants with 440 and above (in the current pool) get the ITA?
Where does the cut-off date fit into all this?

Last edited:

adityashedge

Jan 27, 2018
Ok, so I am confused and need some clarity on this EE draw thing. Say for example, the cut off CRS is 440, so will all applicants with 440 and above (in the current pool) get the ITA?
Not necessary. For example, there are 4000 applicants with a score of 440 or above. Only 3750, i.e. the fixed draw size, will get an invitation and the remaining 250 will not receive an invite. The criteria here is first come, first serve, so profiles are ranked on CRS score and on profile submission date and the first 3750 will get an invite.

Reactions: NM2018

sadiyarehman

Jun 19, 2018
Two quick question to all,

First, in how many hours can we expect the next draw?

Second, and more important, if I decline my invitation right now ( I already have the ITA) will it be enough time to receive another? (my CRS is well above 440)

adityashedge

Jan 27, 2018
Two quick question to all,

First, in how many hours can we expect the next draw?

Second, and more important, if I decline my invitation right now ( I already have the ITA) will it be enough time to receive another? (my CRS is well above 440)
The next draw should happen in another 5 and a half hours.

Don’t decline your ITA if your score is below 442. Chances are you might not get one again in 2018 or you’ll get one in every draw from now on. It’s hard to predict the cutoff scores atm. Also, that’s someone’s opportunity/dream that you will be wasting for God only knows why...

Reactions: Alex SA2C