+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 97th Draw

LizaK

Aug 13, 2018
Apart from the CRS point which other have already mentioned, IMO 22 is not an age to be desperate for immigration unless there's a war/social unrest in your country. That is for people like us closer to 40 and understanding the life passing us by :/
Ihavestudied one year PG course in Canada. And 1.2 year work exp in India afterwards. Been missing Canada, hence thought why not go back with PR.. The reason for posting here is the same as all of you. I am younger than most of the candidates,therefore inexperienced. As far as I have read and heard the whole process is very unpredictable and several factors come into play. Reading threads and people's journey helps a lot to learn, stay positive and be informed.

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
Ihavestudied one year PG course in Canada. And 1.2 year work exp in India afterwards. Been missing Canada, hence thought why not go back with PR.. The reason for posting here is the same as all of you. I am younger than most of the candidates,therefore inexperienced. As far as I have read and heard the whole process is very unpredictable and several factors come into play. Reading threads and people's journey helps a lot to learn, stay positive and be informed.
Absolutely, you should post here and seek guidance, that is what this forum is for! I was just pointing out the choice of the word 'desperate'. Peace :)

ashokacca

Jun 21, 2018
1 year experience is enough.. you will get in easily.. write IELTS

maria0314

Star Member
Nov 7, 2017
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
27-10-2017
Great 3 attempts in 6 months ? or long ? Have been practicing all these time?

I want to do same , but hardly getting time as working full time. Appreciate if you could share how do you plan your practice if you are working full full time.
Great 3 attempts in 6 months ? or long ? Have been practicing all these time?

I want to do same , but hardly getting time as working full time. Appreciate if you could share how do you plan your practice if you are working full full time.
Hello! Yes I work full time. My first attempt I missed .5 in Writing so I invested most of the time practicing my essays. It paid off because I finally achieved a 7.5 . Unfortunately, I became too complacent with my Listening that I missed to make the cut on my 2nd attempt. So on my 3rd and last attempt, I decided to focus not only in one but all 4 modules and that got me to CLB9.

1. Work on your weakness - Based on my scores, I struggled with Writing the most so it is where I invested most of my time. I read as many possible topics, researched general information and current events to enrich my vocabulary, and practiced writing a lot. I read on my way to work and practiced writing in my free time.
2. Be strategic- I underestimated the Listening exam in my 2nd attempt so that was a wake up call. I realized I wasn't too good with maps so I did a lot of exercise on maps and directions. I did most of my Listening preparation 2-3 days before the exam for improved memory retention. I took a day off from work right before the exam to calm my nerves and have a good sleep. I also scheduled the exam on the week/month when I am least busy from work to make sure I have ample time to review.
3. Be resourceful - There are many self-help blogs and sites available online, make sure to check them out especially IELTS Liz. I also watched a lot of good English movies with subtitles to improve my sentence construction especially in Speaking.
4. Pray- IELTS exams vary in complexity and difficulty. Make sure you stay calm and focused throughout the exam. Try to master a meditative technique to help you get back on track in case you panic. Simple ways as breathing deep and closing your eyes, it has helped me countless times!

October 2017- 9,8,8,6.5
January 2018- 7,8,8,7.5
July 2018 - 8.5,9,8,7
Good Luck on your next IELTS exam! :)

hellotipsy

Star Member
Jun 6, 2018
Already 50k ITAs issued . 10 more draws & 30k ITAs more to issue, then how come the score increase to 4000?
Hello!
In 2017, IRCC invited more than the quota set and I suppose that was the case from previous years as well.. so if 2018 follows that same pattern again, we will also get to 4000 invites eventually
This theory still stands because the 3750 was correctly predicted by seniors in this forum.
Please do take note though that everything is speculation at this point and nothing is set in stone!

Reactions: visaapplicant

sunboy129

Star Member
Aug 7, 2017
My prediction for tomorrow:
440 and above: Calm, soothing, and pleasent eyes and minds
439 and below: Raining, lightning, and thunderstorming eyes and minds
:D:D:D:D:D

Reactions: ashokacca

johna1985

Star Member
Jan 19, 2018
Hello!
In 2017, IRCC invited more than the quota set and I suppose that was the case from previous years as well.. so if 2018 follows that same pattern again, we will also get to 4000 invites eventually
This theory still stands because the 3750 was correctly predicted by seniors in this forum.
Please do take note though that everything is speculation at this point and nothing is set in stone!
No way 4000. 3750 may be continued for following draws which will eventually hit the target and more

santaguy

Star Member
Jun 6, 2018
I'm desperately waiting for tomorrow's draw. I'm in the pool since last July. But earlier my score was low. After reappearing this year, Score went up to 440. But my previous profile expired and I created new one on 21st July. So I couldn't get an ITA. I'll be loosing 5 points in mid September due to age. If I don't get ITA in next 2 draws then It will be very difficult for me to get it. I'm hoping for the best.

Reactions: Ans123