+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 95th Draw

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
I think canada should award more points for USA work experience and education because the cultures are so similar and there will not be a problem with assimilation vs work exp and education from other countries. settling down in canada is much tougher for these candidiates.

Reactions: noname7

NOMAD2017

Mar 9, 2017
Mississauga, Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-11-2019
Passport Req..
20-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2019
LANDED..........
01-10-2020
Same here..won a lot with Croatia win against England!! :) Also Saudi vs Egypt :)
I can't even do that :p The Worst Wednesday ever..First, the cut-off was 442, then Federer lost QF, as if the first blow was not enough. I was literally unable to sleep that night.

Kurco

Star Member
Mar 16, 2018
I think canada should award more points for USA work experience and education because the cultures are so similar and there will not be a problem with assimilation vs work exp and education from other countries. settling down in canada is much tougher for these candidiates.
?????????

lightning_crashes

May 13, 2018
NOC Code......
What about this:

5 bonus points for hero members in this forum :D

mark12345680

May 26, 2018
I’d say they should give extra points to those who graduated from a prestigious university. It’s not fair for a Cambridge graduate to get the same score as some some 3rd tier university graduate. That way, IRCC can make sure they are only allowing the brightest immigrants to come to Canada

Reactions: Polarbear1

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
I’d say they should give extra points to those who graduated from a prestigious university. It’s not fair for a Cambridge graduate to get the same score as some some 3rd tier university graduate. That way, IRCC can make sure they are only allowing the brightest immigrants to come to Canada
yes that will work for me.

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
Sir, please do not spread the scare / uncertainty by using something like "who knows".

No country that is welcoming Immigrants to fill up their manpower requirements and keep their economies rolling, would think of keeping families apart, that way it would be counter-productive for them. Understand this that they are asking whether your spouse will accompany you or not only to figure out what choice depending on your personal situation, are you going to make when you are making the application (different people in different situations will make different choices - applicants in EE come from world over, not a few select countries). Their objective is not to get one person in Canada who has declared spouse as "Non Accompanying" and then make life difficult for them by making spousal application hard / impossible so that couples / families are separated.

I had already said that the process might be different / slightly lengthy and all, consuming some more time or money, but on the long run (when you are intending to permanently settle in another country for your betterment), it shouldn't matter. Think about it.

On a lighter note (no offence), your name has the word hope, be like one!!
You have taken it way out of context here and that for a post which was not even for you. You completely ignored my primary point about one making efforts to increase score if possible and streched on two words only. My reply was to a specific person only and seeing that he had potential to increase his score.

Now that you have unnecesarily held onto two words, let me provide some context on why I said so.

It was not meant to be a scare but the need to be aware. One cannot be oblivious to what is happening world over when it comes to immigration. Immigration laws are getting tighter with each passing day in every country . Who would have thought before Trump came to power people staying in USA waiting for GC would feel so much insecure. Obama brought in law to let dependants of H1B holders work which Trump wants to revoke now. Is it not an indirect way of discouraging people? And this recent case of change in government of Ontario and the new premier, one of the first tasks he did was to remove & then rename Ministry of Immigration.

Point I was trying to make was one still has the liberty to call family over later (when circumstances allow) even when the application is processed together especially for ones who have option of increasing their scores. It would save one the mental agony, applicant goes through with this process twice. I am not being generic here but case specific as I pointed out clearly it is a personal choice end of the day.

Its not about keeping families apart but possibilities of changes in process - applicable to all which can make immigration tougher. We should not forget end of the day it is their country and their laws and we are the ones wanting to immigrate so would need to abide by whatever processes they create in future.

And if people circumvent the process, it's bound to be changed.

And regarding about myself not being hopeful and being LIKE ONE, must say it was quite personal and not in good taste - you do not even know me or my history so before you get judgemental about someone you do not know - please think twice.

Everyone is entitled to say their opinion and I would repeat again end of the day it's a personal choice how one wants his/her to apply for PR depending on personal circumstances.

Last edited:
Reactions: KingKurly

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
this article reminds me of you: https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/cambridge-university-turned-me-into-an-arrogant-entitled-brat-so-dont-worry-if-your-interview-went-a6764746.html

Last edited:

johna1985

Star Member
Jan 19, 2018
Companies dont care about US work experience, only think they need is CANADIAN work experience. When you go for interviews u will know that.

Reactions: bactrk

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
@Mayur_M Our CRS also drops in case of 'non-accompanying spouse'. Spouses are not always a burden bro :p Its 30/30 in our case :cool: even helping hubby out in his distant learning master program. He doesn't have time to study, so lol, doing assignments and projects on his behalf. Will get him 7 more points by next August, IA. But really really really hoping against the hope that we get ITA before that.
Wow, awesome madam :) And did your hubby repay by getting the coveted CLB10 in IELTS today? :p

Mayur_M

Sep 2, 2017
Pune
IELTS Request
19-08-2017
I don't think so! Even my CRS comes down by 5 points when I select Non-accompanying Spouse as my Spouse ECA + IELTS is currently giving me 27 points whereas I gain only 22 points in case of Non-accompanying.
@Mayur_M can you please tell how much points you're gaining for Non-accompanying vis-a-vis how many you are losing for your Spouse ECA+IELTS?
Its taking me up to 446 from 440. I guess spouse IELTS (L7 R5.5 W6.5 S6.5) is pulling me down in accompanying.