+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 94th Draw

mary99

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Don’t give up. I had to retest mine until I got the points I needed.. initially from the first exam it only gave me 428 points. I reset the exam and got it up to 445.. keep pushing and trying.. read material.. I done mine with CELPIP
Inspiring @Sarantos . Thanks!! I'll keep trying!!

gauravmlal

Jun 8, 2018
Category........
any tips for writing to get 7 or 7.5 ?
I got R8.5 L9 S7.5 W6.5 & its driving me nuts:rolleyes:
Try practicing everyday by picking random topic and writing about it everyday. Write between 250 to 300 words. Revisit your work and check for the sentence structures, sentence connectors and idea flow along the passage. If your sentences are well connected and the intent of writing is clear with proper introduction ,body and conclusion with your independent opinion , then you are on the right track . The idea of the activity is to improve your impromptu writing skill .
Secondly, read as much as you can about the topics for ielts essays , which by the way is available on many websites. Reading about the topics would give you an idea about any associated topic ,without pondering for long in the exam hall .

ABhola

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
09-07-2018
Hello Everyone,

I've recently been nominated by OINP and expecting the ITA in next draw. There are few points regarding documentation that I need to confirm, hope you all would help :-
  • Should I obtain a new reference letter for my current job as it is almost 5 month's old now? For all previous jobs; the letters submitted to OINP could be reused?
  • Updated bank certificate is required or the one submitted to OINP would suffice? as it is not 6 months old yet
  • how much time does it take to obtain PCC for India?
  • Mostly all documents that I'd submitted for OINP could be reused, like LoEs, digital photo etc?
Please feel free to add any other document that needs to be obtained specifically for post-ITA process and not submitted for OINP.

Thanks!
@hope2018 , from your posts I understand that you've recently been nominated by OINP and got the ITA in the last draw. Request you to help here.

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
@hope2018 , from your posts I understand that you've recently been nominated by OINP and got the ITA in the last draw. Request you to help here.
  • Should I obtain a new reference letter for my current job as it is almost 5 month's old now? For all previous jobs; the letters submitted to OINP could be reused? --- I re-used, it is fine to submit same if you are with same company.
  • Updated bank certificate is required or the one submitted to OINP would suffice? as it is not 6 months old yet --- Better to get latest ones as balance can change over time.
  • how much time does it take to obtain PCC for India? --- I am a resident of United Kingdom, if you want to take from India then you will get it same day from PSK provided your current address is same as passport address.
  • Mostly all documents that I'd submitted for OINP could be reused, like LoEs, digital photo etc? ---Yes

ABhola

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
09-07-2018
  • Should I obtain a new reference letter for my current job as it is almost 5 month's old now? For all previous jobs; the letters submitted to OINP could be reused? --- I re-used, it is fine to submit same if you are with same company.
  • Updated bank certificate is required or the one submitted to OINP would suffice? as it is not 6 months old yet --- Better to get latest ones as balance can change over time.
  • how much time does it take to obtain PCC for India? --- I am a resident of United Kingdom, if you want to take from India then you will get it same day from PSK provided your current address is same as passport address.
  • Mostly all documents that I'd submitted for OINP could be reused, like LoEs, digital photo etc? ---Yes
Thanks @hope2018 !

@Tiwana350 , please refer to the post above.

Reactions: Tiwana350

KingKurly

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2017
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any tip or study material for listening that can provide ? It's the beast for me :(:(:confused:
https://www.youtube.com/user/jamiecastleden/videos

Go through all the listening step-by-step guide videos. They will help you immensely as the video is not just about tips, it is real exam taken. The person is a native speaker hence the techniques he uses, you will not find anywhere else. This is a very low profile channel so not many find it or even if they find it, they will not pay much attention. After watching those videos and using same techniques, my listening score never dropped below 8 in 4 attempts without 100% concentration. You can check my signature for that. There are also step-by-step videos for reading but they are only for Academic IELTS. Good luck.

Copied my previous post!

dodogirl

Mar 30, 2018
Hey I have some really good material that I am using. I am sticking to it, as I realize that although there are alot of info for IELTS , it can be very overwhelming if you saturate yourself with different study techniques. Let me know.
Hi, can you share some materials. I am sitting for ielts again soon. Thanks

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
I have pdfs. I am using that for reading , writing and speaking. Are you ok with that?
I am doing IELTS for the 1st time.
email: alatouche978@gmail.com
all my IELTS material in the link below (scored 8.5 first attempt). Please note that I am highly proficient to begin with. Therefore, if you aren't very confident, do refer to Youtube videos. Additionally:

1. ieltsliz is a great website
2. Study with a partner who's at a level above you preferably. Guided the missus and she scored an 8.5 as well.
3. Practice. There's no way to avoid this - One test a day or if it's on weekends, at least two tests a day.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1STnaywnlpzcJW2LIl3Kuvjctm4NgWTUv

Reactions: samikdg and Eli31