+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 90th Draw

Ovcar

Mar 16, 2018
NOC Code......
I need help from some of the forum members who have experienced the same problem. I expect to complete my Masters studies in August, however I would be waiting for Diploma to be issued till 23rd of December. Meanwhile, I will receive Certificate of completion as well as Academic transcript as a proof of qualification obtained. As I already got my Bachelor degree evaulation by WES, my new credential would be sent there for evaulation.

Is WES strict about Diploma or they would receive above mentioned documents instead od Diploma?

I would try contacting WES about this, but they have been extremly unhelpful in the past, and gave me tons of ambiguous answers or avoided answering on my queries. They were of the attitude, send us what you have and we will see (of course fees must be paid before their start of assessment), at least that was the case with my CIA certificate.
Dear forum members, anybody?

chhabra.dkc

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
India
I would say if you have a birthday approaching, get the spouse WES done. Otherwise, you should be getting it in a matter of 1-3 weeks...if u see an upward trend in CRS( heavens forbid) again get it done.
My birthday is next year January, so I have around 6-7 months before my CRS drops. Given that, I assume you are recommending to wait and watch rather than spending money on spouse ECA for now.

Reactions: NOMAD2017

Aman6591

May 9, 2018
Hi I received my ITA last week and I have the following things to confirm before I submit my application

Background Info:

Primary Applicant: My Wife

Spouse: Me

Applied for both of us together.

Score: 453

We both hold a Valid Canadian Visit Visa for which we have a UCI

Then after getting an ITA we both now have a separate new UCI

I am the spouse and I have a sister that holds a Canadian passport

1. In the "Immigration history and citizenships" section for Primary Applicant

Has applicant applied to IRCC before?

YES

Has applicant applied for PR before?

NO

If applicant has a UCI please enter it below

I have entered the UCI for Visit Visa.

Is this the correct way to do it?

In my case in the "Immigration history and citizenships" section

The have asked for UCI

Should I put the UCI no I received when I had applied for Visit visa? Or the new one in the Express entry profile.

Please note that when I enter my profile in MyCIC, there is no UCI mentioned anymore. I had applied in 2015. However, luckily I found a letter issued at that time and the UCI code is mentioned in that.

2. Is the Internal Audit and Risk Management job regulated in Canada?

In my EE profile I put NO.

If the answer is YES, what are the next steps to follow?

3. In the Family info section

For the Prime Applicant

Do I need to mention my name again? (Spouse) Because the question is “Please tell us about applicant's immediate family members that have not been identified in the application.”

For myself

Do I mention my sister’s info in the family section again? Before this section they have already asked for info about my relative in Canada (my sister).

3. My mother’s FULL name on the passport has been mentioned in the “Given Name Section” and the Surname Section has been left blank. E.g. John Will Smith and the surname section is left blank.

How do I mention this in the family section, because the application asks for first and last name and both the fields are mandatory?

canadadream26

May 8, 2018
Hi Members,

I have a question around spouse ECA. My current score is 441 and I created my profile on January 22, 2018. If I get my wife ECA it should be around 450, however, this is going to cost me around 30-35K and hassle of dealing with universities and not to forget another month and a half before I get ECA report for my wife.

Should I wait without the ECA for spouse sitting at 441? or Should I go ahead with spouse ECA and increase my score anyways?
I am concerned about spending this money, however, if this is the best and right way to go ahead. So be it!

Please advise.
I would advise you to wait for some rounds if you some buffered wait time and then go for ECA. As 445+ will definitely get you an ITA anytime (current trend this year) but it will cost you $$ more if you try to get it done now but what if you get lucky in next round? If you dont want to risk/wait for it. Get it done.

Last edited:

canadadream26

May 8, 2018
Dear forum members, anybody?
To evaluate your degree it need not include certificate of completion. They do it solely on transcripts and not on CoC.
All your transcripts has to say something like “degree requirements are met” with detailed course & marks information which most of transcripts say once you have completed all requirements for a degree.

special3220

Jul 15, 2017
NOC Code......
I wish they had allowed some points for 2 years work experience + CLB 9. Currently you don't get any additional points if you have 2 years work experience. However, once you complete 3 years work experience you get a huge jump in points.

Currently I am getting 75 points for 1 year work + clb9
If I had three years I would have got 100 points.
Sadly there is nothing for 2 years + clb9.

Adlib007

Oct 22, 2016
This is not true. I know quite a number of people who claimed points this way and are through.

You will not get points for that one-year diploma as it was obtained prior to completion of your bachelor degree. To get points for it, it would have to be obtained after your three of four-year post-secondary degree.

nt13

Sep 1, 2017
There you go, you got this. This is what I was trying to clarify. You must have an ECA which indicates the length of the program. Yes you should approach WES about it. And when I said "one semester" I meant the ECA report outcome. Few one year long PGD courses from different countries are evaluated as PGD (one semester) by WES which have no value in CRS points because minimum points one can claim is One year.

Hope it helps, Good Luck!

Edit: as per the footnote it seems wes will not mention the length of the program and they advised to get it done from other mentioned organizations. I think you should get it done by IQAS as well. It is better late than sorry. And please do not misunderstand, my intention is to help you.
I am feeling as if I am hit by a moving truck....!!

I see your signature as ECA : 2 or more degrees. Hence, I am asking the below questions, pardon my ignorance as I am confused to the core.

1. Did you get your ECA done from IQAS or WES?
2. Does the ECA assessment report itself read as "2 or more degrees" or it simply gives the Credential details (as in WES that I have) with Canadian equivalency against each Credential.

This is how my report reads:

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY - Bachelor's Degree (four years) Second ECA Report (origninal was completed on : MMM-DD-YYYY).

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS:
Credential 1.
1. Name: ______
Credential Authentication: _____ ...... and so on in their standard format, with last remark
CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY: Bachelor's Degree (four years)

Credential 2.
2. Name: _________
Credential Authentication: _________ ....... and so on in their standard format, with last remark
CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY: Completion of an executive management program offered by a graduate school of business. (program length not mentioned in this case - however my certificate and transcripts clearly state the program duration of 1 year and program requirements of completion of bachelor's degree).

What should I consider this as? 2 or more certificates / degrees / diplomas or not??

Soliciting any help to clear the fog once and for all.

Thanks.

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018

I see your signature as ECA : 2 or more degrees. Hence, I am asking the below questions, pardon my ignorance as I am confused to the core.

2. Does the ECA assessment report itself read as "2 or more degrees" or it simply gives the Credential details (as in WES that I have) with Canadian equivalency against each Credential.

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY - Bachelor's Degree (four years) Second ECA Report (origninal was completed on : MMM-DD-YYYY).

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS:
Credential 1.
Credential Authentication: _____ ...... and so on in their standard format, with last remark

Credential 2.
Credential Authentication: _________ ....... and so on in their standard format, with last remark
CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY: Completion of an executive management program offered by a graduate school of business. (program length not mentioned in this case - however my certificate and transcripts clearly state the program duration of 1 year and program requirements of completion of bachelor's degree).

What should I consider this as? 2 or more certificates / degrees / diplomas or not??

Thanks.
Its quite straightforward, ECA should state the length of the progamme which is not the case in your's. Either raise with WES or get it evaluated by a different ECA provider.

And ECA will never state 2 or more degrees. ECA only indicates Canadian equivalency and you enter all the education details in EE profile and equivalency as per ECA and tools decides if it is 2 degrees or more and accordingly awards points.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aarti123 and nt13

Aarti123

Jan 4, 2018
Aarti, did you update your profile as I suggested? Add ACCA first and choose the option from the menu which is the same as your ECA on WES report. Then add Master degree to your EE form and again choose the option from the menu. You will get the points for "Master degree", which are always more than those for "2 or more degrees". You cannot have 440 by choosing "2 or more degree" option and 437 by choosing "Master degree" option on CRS calculator. It should be the other way around.
Hi I did and I still have 437

NOMAD2017

Mar 9, 2017
Mississauga, Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-11-2019
Passport Req..
20-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2019
LANDED..........
01-10-2020
lo
Didn't understand at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
l, its okay..there are better interpretations and calculations available on this forum :p this was just a little effort to see how many new applicants enter the pool with 440+ score during those 5-6 days between the draw and CRS point distribution calculation. e.g. last draw took place on 9th May, 2018, and the last CRS point distribution was calculated on 4th May. So I was just trying to see how many people entered the pool during this period. Its not a correct way to calculate the number of applicants above the cut-off, but I was just trying to see if there is any pattern. Wasted some precious minutes of my life on it :p

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS:
Credential 1.

Credential 2.

Thanks.
I have done ECA from WES.

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY Bachelor's Degree (four years)
Diploma (two years).

My diploma was before bachelors. I have just entered info in the EE profile and system calculated it automatically. You need to get ECA from IQAS to be sure about it as the foot note suggested your type of credentials are varified by mentioned organizations where wes is absent from the list. Dont worry my friend, you will get a positive outcome. I won't suggest you to chose 1 year duration untill your ECA states same. For example my wife had masters degree but eca came as bachelors degree so I could only claim 2 degrees (both bachelors). We cannot use our transcript, we must have an ECA report in hand to claim any sorts of points.

Good Luck!

Reactions: nt13

NOMAD2017

Mar 9, 2017
Mississauga, Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-11-2019
Passport Req..
20-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2019
LANDED..........
01-10-2020
Hi I did and I still have 437
hmm the only way I can interpret your case is, your ACCA is the only bachelor degree you have. Your master degree is based on your ACCA. Hence you will only get points for the Master degree. Two and more qualifications do not give you more marks then a master degree. So that's the best you can get in current scenario.

Victor123

May 3, 2018
Hello All,

I received ITA under CEC category last week and I am preparing documents to submit. I am not clear on few things, can any one please advise?

1) Read from official website, that there is no need to provide any bank statements for Financial support if I apply under CEC class, if that's true do I need to upload the Letter of explanation stating the same and what else LOE should include?

2) I worked for 2 companies in 2017 and I have T4's for both of them and Notice of assessment replicates that.
In the profile, I mentioned only one company under my work history and I am claiming points for that. Do I still need to provide the T4 for the company which I did not mentioned in the work history to clarify the Notice of assessment(total earning for the year)?
I will include my previous company experience in the personal history though?

3) I am resident of Ontario working for Quebec company, and I did my taxes from Ontario. In the reference letter that I got from my company clearly states the Quebec address. Do I require any additional documentation to state that I am resident of Ontario to support my case ?

Please suggest.

Thanks.