+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 89th Draw

Reddiered07

May 3, 2018
Hello Everyone!
What a pleasant morning it is. Just recieved my IELTS score and got 8877 in LRSW, which takes my CRS to 480. Surely I will be getting ITA on next Wednesday.

Did you receive the hard copy of test results? Beacuse you will need to enter test results form number in the profile. Same situation with me. Hopefully if i receive hard copy by 8th may i am good to go for 9th draw. Else next draw.let me know your case

I have a query -
my spouse is a canadian citizen but We are not in talking terms for more than a year now. Also, she had previously withdrew spouse sponsership application where she was sponser and I was sponsered person.

What documents do I need to submit for my spouse? I'm sure she won't provide any help or information. Rather she would make all efforts to make things difficult for me.

Also, would previous withdraw of spouse sponsership application make any negative impact on my PR file now??

Kindly advice. Thanks in advance.

special3220

Jul 15, 2017
NOC Code......
I dont think the crs will increase in the next couple draws, so probably just wait out..
We have received the IDP ielts results today, too, but i dont suppose the trf code is available online. The PDF version has the trf field blank. Its also possible it would appear later i guess, but currently just a few hours after announcement, its not yet there.
if you view your result here https://results.ieltsessentials.com/ then you will see the TRf number.

Reactions: ranjangaur4

at4446

Sep 24, 2016
ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
ottawa
Was at 440 early this year. At 435 now. Hopefully, there'll be 3 draws of 3500 this month. Lucky you, just have to wait till next Wednesday.
if there is no delay in the draws...you will get it in a few months man

Raaj123

Star Member
Jul 19, 2017
Hi Guys,
I would appreciate your suggestions.
I have taken ielts couple of times now. I also scheduled anther attempt for 30th June.
Recently, i took exam in April and got the results today. I would say i am not happy with my writing score . I am not sure what went wrong this time as 6 is lowest i have got so far and totally unexpected.

Should i go for re-marking ?

Today's results are
Listening : 8.5
Speaking : 8.0
Reading : 7.0
Writing :6.0

Previous attempt
Listening : 7.5
Reading : 7.5
Writing : 7.5

noname7

Star Member
Apr 25, 2018
Hi all,
My wife's ielts result is out today. While creating express entry profile, it is asking for test results form number which i guess is available only when the hard copy is delivered. Keeping the next draw of may 9th in mind and with a crs score of 440 I would like to enter the pool by may 8th. Is there any way to find out the test results form number online? Or any other way like going to ielts centre and collect it prior to the delivery
Thanks in advance
It will only take few days for you to receive the hard copy, so, wait for it. With 440 you will get an ITA anytime. You don't want to use a formula or guess the TRF number, you will get into trouble later.

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
Hi Guys,
I have taken ielts couple of times now. I also scheduled anther attempt for 30th June.
Recently, i took exam in April and got the results today. I would say i am not happy with my writing score . I am not sure what went wrong this time as 6 is lowest i have got so far and totally unexpected.

Today's results are

Previous attempt
definitely going for a remark, since your score still not CLB 9 yet.

but keep in mind, the most impacted remark I have seen is increase .5 band score. which it will not improve dramatically, that still put you into 6.5 still half band away from CLB 9. since remark will not hurt anything as you probably not going to use this score anyway, during remark 8-9 weeks period they will send the paper and result to Cambridge and have exam experts look at them. during this period your exam result is pending and not valid, which means you can not use it for immigration or any other purposes.

I would suggest to take ielts again possible while waiting for the remark but not to put so much hope in it. mean while improving your writing score.
the most important thing in Writing is TR and CC for task2 , for task 1 is TR and LR. keep in mind that your final score is (1* task1 + 2 * task2)/3
I would focus on Task2. learn scaffolding fabric and different topic, practice.
also tips during the exam is task 2 minimum 300 words, minimum spend 45 minutes on it, and do task2 first before task1, if you want to get band 8 in task2.

Lets say if you want to get band 7 in writing you need to score at least 7.5 in task2 and no matter how bad your task1 is as long as TR is good and words are sufficient and not too many mistakes you shall get 6 that put your total to 21/3 = 7

I hope this helps.

Reactions: Raaj123 and MISSL12

ersandee

Jul 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
25-03-2019
Hi Guys,

Today's results are

Previous attempt
if you are confident enough go for EOR, few have had success with EOR, My personal exp was not good. 6-->7 is big change.

Reactions: Raaj123

MISSL12

Star Member
May 2, 2018
AOR Received.
21-06-2018
Hi Guys,

Today's results are

Previous attempt
IELTS is unpredictable. I studied for this exam with a personal teacher. Her friend works for one of IELTS centres. She says IELTS General is okay usually, not different from the books you use for preparing. But! Once in 3-4 months IELTS General test is really hard for some reason. Especially, participants struggling with Writing part. I assume you are the one of "lucky people". Did you find this test harder then the previous one?

Anyway, do not be upset and give it to try one more time:)

Raaj123

Star Member
Jul 19, 2017
definitely going for a remark, since your score still not CLB 9 yet.

but keep in mind, the most impacted remark I have seen is increase .5 band score. which it will not improve dramatically, that still put you into 6.5 still half band away from CLB 9. since remark will not hurt anything as you probably not going to use this score anyway, during remark 8-9 weeks period they will send the paper and result to Cambridge and have exam experts look at them. during this period your exam result is pending and not valid, which means you can not use it for immigration or any other purposes.

I would suggest to take ielts again possible while waiting for the remark but not to put so much hope in it. mean while improving your writing score.
the most important thing in Writing is TR and CC for task2 , for task 1 is TR and LR. keep in mind that your final score is (1* task1 + 2 * task2)/3
I would focus on Task2. learn scaffolding fabric and different topic, practice.
also tips during the exam is task 2 minimum 300 words, minimum spend 45 minutes on it, and do task2 first before task1, if you want to get band 8 in task2.

Lets say if you want to get band 7 in writing you need to score at least 7.5 in task2 and no matter how bad your task1 is as long as TR is good and words are sufficient and not too many mistakes you shall get 6 that put your total to 21/3 = 7

I hope this helps.
Thank you for taking time to reply and for your great advice. I am confident that i did well but i also believe that they are the once more experienced and responsible for the final score.The only reason i am frustrated is i always miss in one module to get CLB 9 by .5 and in this attempt by 1 :eek:.The most disappointing part is that it is not the same module every time.o_O

I will definitely take your advice and take exams again as well as apply for remark.

Raaj123

Star Member
Jul 19, 2017
IELTS is unpredictable. I studied for this exam with a personal teacher. Her friend works for one of IELTS centres. She says IELTS General is okay usually, not different from the books you use for preparing. But! Once in 3-4 months IELTS General test is really hard for some reason. Especially, participants struggling with Writing part. I assume you are the one of "lucky people". Did you find this test harder then the previous one?

Anyway, do not be upset and give it to try one more time:)
So, this is the thing. I was confident in writing and didn't find it harder than previous attempts.( Given exam 3 times :confused:) . I am very surprised by the band i got. Was expecting a 7. Going for remark and taking again. Hopeful.I will make it finally.

Reactions: Gurpreet1112