Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
ottawa
any hope that we hit 440 in this month? assuming we get draw every 2 weeks only

VIJAYMAGHNANI

Star Member
Mar 7, 2018
Just got my IELTS results (online) for 24th March sitting.

8.5 Listening, 8.0 Reading, 7.5 Writing, 9.0 Speaking.

Just managed to max scores out. To say I'm ecstatic is an understatement! Should sit me at 441 with a decent chance I hope.
Hey speaking 9.0 thats wonderful, can you please share some tips specially reading & writing , I am sitting on April 21st to try for clb9

Regards,

Eli31

Mar 26, 2018
NOC Code......
If the current trends remain, we will not see the CRS come to 435 this year.

However, the hope (and the likelihood as well), is that the current trends will not remain, and the IRCC will start getting more aggressive in terms of the numbers of ITAs issued, as well as the frequency of draws.

If I have to guess, I'd say we will end this year with the CRS cutoff in the high 420s.
Is there a forecast of how many ITA will CIC issue in 2018 or is unknow? thank you

calky360

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Hey speaking 9.0 thats wonderful, can you please share some tips specially reading & writing , I am sitting on April 21st to try for clb9

Regards,
Hi, I should note that I am a native speaker, hence why the speaking component was rather simple for me, and my prep would be very different to others. I spent just one week preparing, purely on the exam structure, the assessment criteria used and practice tests for the reading/listening parts. Most of my prep was done using the IDP "IELTS Master course. $100 for 90 day access, supposedly 100hours of content, I probably skipped at least half of it since I wasn't worried about vocab/grammar etc. I'm sure you can find all the content in that course for free online, but for me it was just nice to have a structured comprehensive course to work through. There is so much free content online I think it can be a bit of a hindrance. For practice tests I did around 4 tests from old Cambridge IELTS courses only reading/listening tests. I did not do any practice tests for writing/speaking, I just focused on exam content/marking criteria.

metabug

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
74900 is the PR target for the federal high skilled economic stream, not the ITA target. PR target and ITA target are not same as 1 PR is not equal to 1 ITA.
Oh! My bad.
But looking at 2017 data it looks like no. ITAs should be more than PR targets under FSW stream.
Total number of ITAs issued in 2017: 86,023 vs. FSW target 73700.
Any thoughts?

Stellarcanny

Jan 4, 2018
Hi, I should note that I am a native speaker, hence why the speaking component was rather simple for me, and my prep would be very different to others. I spent just one week preparing, purely on the exam structure, the assessment criteria used and practice tests for the reading/listening parts. Most of my prep was done using the IDP "IELTS Master course. $100 for 90 day access, supposedly 100hours of content, I probably skipped at least half of it since I wasn't worried about vocab/grammar etc. I'm sure you can find all the content in that course for free online, but for me it was just nice to have a structured comprehensive course to work through. There is so much free content online I think it can be a bit of a hindrance. For practice tests I did around 4 tests from old Cambridge IELTS courses only reading/listening tests. I did not do any practice tests for writing/speaking, I just focused on exam content/marking criteria.
please can you share the materials you used in preparation am writing next month with IDP?