Champion Member
Jan 25, 2017
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I am writing here, as I created my profile on 31st August. I have 10 months and 2 weeks (45 weeks of Canadian Experience). My consultant told me that, since I am in FSW category, my Canadian experience will be counted as 1 year since, the working hours was 40 hours per week. if I consider my Canadian experience, my CRS is 457, else the score goes down to 409. Considering the case that 409, receiving ITA is highly impossible, I am planning to proceed with my Canadian experience to be part of my CRS score. I have given IELTS twice, and second time I got the score in LRWS as 8.5/7/7/8 with CLB9.

Anyone here with similar case of Canadian experience just less than a year in FSW, and still got Canadian PR processed and waiting to be processed. please help, since I am not getting a clear answer even from my consultant. Name of my consultant is Y-Axis.

Thanks,
Nishanth.
As far as my understanding goes, not fully aware of the CEC, hours has nothing much to do with the work requirement in relation to duration. 1 year has to be one year, not less! Hence I believe your consultant is just being smart with you. If you haven't already signed the contract, I highly recommend to ditch your lawyer or consultant. Cheers :)

KingKurly

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2017
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear ROH friends,

I am happy to announce that I received PPR on Friday, March 9 at 10:01 pm Ottawa time!

Post AOR profile and timeline:

PNP - outland
US citizen. Ottawa visa office

Submitted evening of January 6. AOR January 7.

January 25 - MEP & ADR, responded to ADR.

January 26 - NA2

February 27 aka glitch day - IP2

March 9 22:01 Ottawa time - PPR

Special shoutout to old timers, many of whom have been as inactive as I have been lately (and special thanks to @xibalban and @iamxty for starting the list that have poached ;))
@andieangel @lino82 @KingKurly @tjsecondtry @Wandering Mind @Karnesh @ivancabrer @BillHyatt @AlliBatista @mqamar1994 @shaun75 @TanakaM @Wacky1.nash @sundar17feb99 @gurpreet.ts @abhishek_89 @baka @PixelDust @GavinSouthAfrica @tarunkapoor @chr0 @FaithandFavor @Fishal2017 @hahaHHH @lostguy @Lala1234
And many more that escape my memory at the moment.

And my full timeline so far for those of you who don't know:

The Beginning

Early hours of November 9, 2016 - Decided to emigrate from the US and started researching possibilities. Later in the day, read news article about how an immigration to Canada site had crashed due to a flood of Americans trying to find out how to immigrate to Canada.

November 11, 2016 - Filled out free assessment form at canadavisa.com

November 12, 2016 - Received email from David Cohen that was my first introduction to Express Entry. However, Canada was not my first choice at that time, so I did not research Canada any further.

Late March 2017 - Decided to immigrate to Canada and started a job search. After getting CRS estimate of only 410, planned to get a job offer, hopefully by the summer, and move to Canada and then create EE profile.

Late May 2017 - Started getting depressed that I had only had initial phone interviews with 2 companies, and it had been at least a month since either had gotten back to me. Decided I needed to create EE profile now. Read instructions for creating EE profile and realized that I would need to take IELTS exam first.

June 6, 2017 - The next available IELTS exam date in New York is July 8? But I had seen a June 24 date a few days ago, and the site had said I had until June 19 to register! I hadn't thought so many people would be taking IELTS. Registered in fear that soon the July 8 date would no longer be available.

June 8, 2017 - Checked IELTS registration site and found that the June 24 date opened up! Jumped to grab it and cancelled my July 8 registration. Fortunately my credit card had not been charged for July 8 so no financial penalty.

June 24, 2017 - took IELTS exam.

June 26, 2017 - found out that I would need an ECA in addition to IELTS score even to create EE profile. Rushed to figure out which organization to use and submitted order to WES. Ordered transcript to be sent to WES.

July 5, 2017 - Very depressed after being rejected for a job I had really wanted with Company 3. Still waiting on Company 2, gave up hope on Company 1.

July 7, 2017 - Received IELTS results online.

July 10, 2017 - Received ECA from WES online in the morning. Immediately created EE profile. Received paper copy of IELTS results when I got home at night.

July 11, 2017 - Received NOI from Ontario. Started reading instructions and gathering documents. Oh no, Ontario wants me to have a passport that will be valid for another 2 years? Mine expires in 9 months, and I was hoping to hold off on renewing until after I moved to Canada.

July 13, 2017 - Sent passport in for expedited renewal (supposedly 2-3 weeks instead of the usual 6-8 weeks). Still collecting other documents.

July 15, 2017 - Received paper copy of ECA from WES in the mail.

OINP Drama

July 25: Missed OINP registration by 1 day!

July 25-November 2: anxiously waited for OINP to reopen. Hit OINP updates page at least 10 times a day.

November 2: OINP reopened, registered

November 3: submitted application

November 27: Assessment

November 30: DIP

December 19: Nominated

December 20: ITA

Post ITA

January 5, 2018 - medical exam

evening of January 6 - submitted PR application

January 7 - AOR

January 26 - NA2

Hey there, that's amazing. Many many congratulations to you! We are absolutely delighted for you. You deserve the fast processing of your application since AOR as you had to go through a lot when OINP halted accepting application. Thank you so much for the most comprehensive timeline in the history of the forum. Enjoyed reading it thoroughly. No kidding on your IELTS score! I'm sure you had awesome weekend and now the next stop, hopefully, Toronto where we all the old timers could have a get together! Take care :)

Terminator

Feb 1, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-10-2011
Doc's Request.
30-10-2015
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-09-2012
IELTS Request
08-05-2005
File Transfer...
08-01-2011
Med's Request
18-10-2003
Med's Done....
18-11-2010
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
12-03-2001
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2000
LANDED..........
06-04-2010
Hurray !! Got my PPR today at 1432 India Time..
TimeLine
Thought about Immigration in August 2014
Sent WES package September 2014
Booked earliest possible IELTS Dates , First November 2014
Received IELTS score 7.5 and WES assessment Mid Decemeber 2014. Rushed to submit document in old FSW-Outland system. Missed the date of 31-12-2014.
Life going on,..........................
Created new profile for Express Entry in March 2015. Waited patiently and forgot about the profile expiry in Novemeber 2016 (after validity of IELTS score was over in 1 nov 2016)
Life going on ............................
Again jolted out of slumber, and booked new IELTS in June 2017. For Mid July 2017 dates. Appeared with new score 8.0
Created new EE FSW Outland profile on 10-Aug-2017
received ITA on 23-Aug-2017.
Immedeatly applied for FBI PCC . and proceeded to compile needed papers
AOR. Mid November 2017(Without USA and One more countryPCC)
Additional Document request (USA and One more country) November End, 2017
Waited patiently for USA PCC, receieved it on mid January (Torn and wet and abused condition) by normal post.
Again applied for USA PCC duplication copy but to be delivered to USA address, got it within 7 days.
Additional documents uploaded 25-Jan-2018
IP2 on March 8 2018.
PPR, 12 Mar 2018

KingKurly

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2017
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TimeLine
Received IELTS score 7.5 and WES assessment Mid Decemeber 2014. Rushed to submit document in old FSW-Outland system. Missed the date of 31-12-2014.
Created new profile for Express Entry in March 2015. Waited patiently and forgot about the profile expiry in Novemeber 2016 (after validity of IELTS score was over in 1 nov 2016)
Again jolted out of slumber, and booked new IELTS in June 2017. For Mid July 2017 dates. Appeared with new score 8.0
Waited patiently for USA PCC, receieved it on mid January (Torn and wet and abused condition) by normal post.
Again applied for USA PCC duplication copy but to be delivered to USA address, got it within 7 days.
IP2 on March 8 2018.
PPR, 12 Mar 2018
Many many congratulations! Have a blast tonight my friend! ;)

AlliBatista

Champion Member
Aug 19, 2016
Brazil
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Dear ROH friends,

I am happy to announce that I received PPR on Friday, March 9 at 10:01 pm Ottawa time!

Post AOR profile and timeline:

PNP - outland
US citizen. Ottawa visa office

Submitted evening of January 6. AOR January 7.

January 26 - NA2

Special shoutout to old timers, many of whom have been as inactive as I have been lately (and special thanks to @xibalban and @iamxty for starting the list that have poached ;))
@andieangel @lino82 @KingKurly @tjsecondtry @Wandering Mind @Karnesh @ivancabrer @BillHyatt @AlliBatista @mqamar1994 @shaun75 @TanakaM @Wacky1.nash @sundar17feb99 @gurpreet.ts @abhishek_89 @baka @PixelDust @GavinSouthAfrica @tarunkapoor @chr0 @FaithandFavor @Fishal2017 @hahaHHH @lostguy @Lala1234
And many more that escape my memory at the moment.

And my full timeline so far for those of you who don't know:

The Beginning

Early hours of November 9, 2016 - Decided to emigrate from the US and started researching possibilities. Later in the day, read news article about how an immigration to Canada site had crashed due to a flood of Americans trying to find out how to immigrate to Canada.

November 11, 2016 - Filled out free assessment form at canadavisa.com

November 12, 2016 - Received email from David Cohen that was my first introduction to Express Entry. However, Canada was not my first choice at that time, so I did not research Canada any further.

Late March 2017 - Decided to immigrate to Canada and started a job search. After getting CRS estimate of only 410, planned to get a job offer, hopefully by the summer, and move to Canada and then create EE profile.

Late May 2017 - Started getting depressed that I had only had initial phone interviews with 2 companies, and it had been at least a month since either had gotten back to me. Decided I needed to create EE profile now. Read instructions for creating EE profile and realized that I would need to take IELTS exam first.

June 6, 2017 - The next available IELTS exam date in New York is July 8? But I had seen a June 24 date a few days ago, and the site had said I had until June 19 to register! I hadn't thought so many people would be taking IELTS. Registered in fear that soon the July 8 date would no longer be available.

June 8, 2017 - Checked IELTS registration site and found that the June 24 date opened up! Jumped to grab it and cancelled my July 8 registration. Fortunately my credit card had not been charged for July 8 so no financial penalty.

June 24, 2017 - took IELTS exam.

June 26, 2017 - found out that I would need an ECA in addition to IELTS score even to create EE profile. Rushed to figure out which organization to use and submitted order to WES. Ordered transcript to be sent to WES.

July 5, 2017 - Very depressed after being rejected for a job I had really wanted with Company 3. Still waiting on Company 2, gave up hope on Company 1.

July 7, 2017 - Received IELTS results online.

July 10, 2017 - Received ECA from WES online in the morning. Immediately created EE profile. Received paper copy of IELTS results when I got home at night.

July 11, 2017 - Received NOI from Ontario. Started reading instructions and gathering documents. Oh no, Ontario wants me to have a passport that will be valid for another 2 years? Mine expires in 9 months, and I was hoping to hold off on renewing until after I moved to Canada.

July 13, 2017 - Sent passport in for expedited renewal (supposedly 2-3 weeks instead of the usual 6-8 weeks). Still collecting other documents.

July 15, 2017 - Received paper copy of ECA from WES in the mail.

OINP Drama

July 25: Missed OINP registration by 1 day!

July 25-November 2: anxiously waited for OINP to reopen. Hit OINP updates page at least 10 times a day.

November 2: OINP reopened, registered

November 3: submitted application

November 27: Assessment

November 30: DIP

December 19: Nominated

December 20: ITA

Post ITA

January 5, 2018 - medical exam

evening of January 6 - submitted PR application

January 7 - AOR

January 26 - NA2

Félicitations sister!

A speedy and safe landing, very soon. :D

rajats13

Feb 20, 2018
UAE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-02-2018
IELTS Request
01-02-2108
Hi all,
I have noticed that there is general preference on ITA compared to OINP program. People are holding on to the last possible day hoping an ITA compared to accepting OINP. Apart from investing in CAD 1,500, what are the other considerations for reluctance in accepting OINP.

With someone with CRS of 423, I guess I have to be more hopeful for getting OINP rather than ITA. Hence the question.

Thanks for the views.

shersingh

Oct 5, 2017
Hi all,
I have noticed that there is general preference on ITA compared to OINP program. People are holding on to the last possible day hoping an ITA compared to accepting OINP. Apart from investing in CAD 1,500, what are the other considerations for reluctance in accepting OINP.

With someone with CRS of 423, I guess I have to be more hopeful for getting OINP rather than ITA. Hence the question.

Thanks for the views.
A bit slower processing than someone who directly received ITA, but more importantly you are committing to stay in the province of Ontario. With direct ITA, you are free to settle in any province without a second thought. Some people have posted that you can still move out even after accepting PNP but why to take the hassle.

mathansri

Jan 28, 2018
Bangalore
TimeLine
IP2 on March 8 2018.
PPR, 12 Mar 2018
The name 'Express' Entry is meaningless in front of your story. It is a Marathon entry. Congratulations!!

Such stories give hope and strength. Have a blast!!

shahaed

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
He is right, he will get points for "two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees"! He will not get caught by misrepresentation because system will count the points automatically, all he needs to enter the eca details of his education credentials correctly.

I have explained it before in various threads, I am re posting it here again with the context of your friend's circumstance-

Assuming your both credentials are from WES recognized institute, you will be awarded points for "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degree" because you have four years bachelors degree Plus one year long certificate which falls under "One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute".

To get clear picture read below, I have given you instruction how to fill up these in EE profile at the end of the post in Italic font.

Many people's understanding of "two or more degree" points are not clear enough. People often get confused by the list provided under 1st section and ignore the other three sections below. Many think only a minimum 3 years long bachelor's or diploma Plus a post graduate study can be counted but in real we can count any post secondary diploma or certificates (minimum 1 year) and a minimum 3 years degree or diploma to get points for "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees".

Here are IRCC guidelines- https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/education-assessed/read-report.html

Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.
Important notice:
One must be for a program of three or more years.

ECA assessment results:
A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree

PLUS any of the results in the SECTIONS below (not including secondary/high school), or:
  • Post-Bachelor's Certificate
  • Post-undergraduate certificate
  • Post-Bachelor's Diploma
  • Post-undergraduate diploma
  • Graduate Certificate
  • Graduate Certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Postgraduate certificate
  • Postgraduate Diploma
  • Graduate Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Graduate diploma
  • two-year Postgraduate Diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
  • two-year Bachelor’s after degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline]
  • Dual Bachelor’s degree (four years)
Or
Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute

ECA assessment results:
  • College Diploma (three years)
  • Diploma (three years)
  • Three-year diploma in [name of discipline]
  • Three-year advanced diploma
  • Bachelor's Degree
  • Applied Bachelor's Degree
  • Bachelor's degree (three years)
  • Three-year Bachelor's degree, specializing in [name of discipline]
  • Three-year Bachelor degree
  • Bachelor's degree (four years)
  • Four-year Bachelor's degree, specializing in [name of discipline]
  • Four-year Bachelor degree
  • Four-year advanced diploma
  • Three-year post-secondary Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Bachelor’s degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Applied Bachelor’s degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Bachelor of Technology degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Three-year Bachelor’s degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Four-year Bachelor’s degree with a focus in [area of concentration]

Or
Two-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute

ECA assessment results:
  • College Diploma
  • College Diploma (two years)
  • Diploma (two years)
  • Two-year diploma
  • Two-year diploma in [name of discipline]
  • Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)
  • Associate Degree
  • Associate of [Arts/Science] degree
  • Post-secondary Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Two-year post-secondary Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Two-year associate degree

Or
One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute

ECA assessment results:
  • College Certificate
  • Completion of College-level certificate
  • University Certificate
  • University Diploma
  • One-year certificate in [name of discipline]
  • Post-secondary certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • One-year Post-secondary certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • One-year certificate

You will not get points for "two or more" if your ECA on diploma or certificates come as follows-

Secondary school (high school diploma)
ECA assessment results:
  • Secondary School Graduation
  • Secondary School Diploma
  • High School Equivalency Certificate
  • Certificate of High School Achievement
  • Certificate of High School Achievement [plus/including] [specialized/vocational/technical] training in X
  • High School Diploma
  • High School Diploma [plus/including] [specialized/vocational/technical] training in X
  • Grade 12 (high school completion)

An applicant will get points for "two or more..." if he/she has a minimum 3 years bachelors degree Plus any diploma-certificates under

1st section [which is post graduate] OR

2nd section [which is three years long degree, certificates or diplomas], OR

3rd section [which is two years long degree, certificates or diplomas] OR

4th section [which is one year long degree, certificates or diplomas].

Applicants will not be awarded points for "two or more.." if their diploma-certificate was evaluated as any one of them listed below-

Secondary school (high school diploma)

ECA assessment results:
  • Secondary School Graduation
  • Secondary School Diploma
  • High School Equivalency Certificate
  • Certificate of High School Achievement
  • Certificate of High School Achievement [plus/including] [specialized/vocational/technical] training in X
  • High School Diploma
  • High School Diploma [plus/including] [specialized/vocational/technical] training in X
  • Grade 12 (high school completion)

As you can see your second credential falls under one year long degree, certificates or diplomas thus you will get points for "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees".
When you will be creating EE profile you will be asked to fill up eligibility questionnaire first. You will be asked to answer your "Level of Education"- here you should select "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees."
If you score 67 and become eligible you will be able to create your EE profile. Here in education section you need to create two separate fields for your two credentials.

For your degree "Level of education" would be your actual level of education- this could bachelors degree or masters as some people get masters evaluated as bachelors (check your certificate) then you will see another question for "level of education according to the ECA report", here you need to enter your level of education as per ECA which would be "Bachelor's degree".

Similarly for your second credential "Level of education" would be your actual level of education- this could be one or two year diploma (check your certificate). Again here "level of education according to the ECA report", would be "One-year degree, diploma or certificate".

Submit your profile you will be awarded points for "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees." You are very lucky to have two post secondary credentials because now if you can score minimum Listening-8, Reading-7, Writing-7 and Speaking-7 in IELTS then you would be awarded extra skill transferability points which may take you near or over current CRS Cutoff Score.

Hope it helps, Good Luck!
With regards to One Year Certificate, i have a One Year Diploma before bachelors, its described as a pathway to University studies, there's no subject specialization but its mentioned as an "international foundation program certificate" with a duration of 1 year. ECA from WES excluded this from the ECA report completely without any mention of it and assessed just the bachelors degree. When questioned about this, they could not give me an appropriate answer. So my question is, do you think this could be assessed by IQAS instead as a one year certificate?, would appreciate your views on this, thanks!

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
With regards to One Year Certificate, i have a One Year Diploma before bachelors, its described as a pathway to University studies, there's no subject specialization but its mentioned as an "international foundation program certificate" with a duration of 1 year. ECA from WES excluded this from the ECA report completely without any mention of it and assessed just the bachelors degree. When questioned about this, they could not give me an appropriate answer. So my question is, do you think this could be assessed by IQAS instead as a one year certificate?, would appreciate your views on this, thanks!
Why do you want that 'one year certificate" evaluate so badly? It is not going to contribute to your CRS score anyway