+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 85th Draw

everydaydealer

Oct 31, 2017
Got NOI and ready to submit. But planning to try couple of draws. In the past people said OINP stream closed and couldn't submit even they are within 45 days. is that the case or we are for sure have 45 days to submit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandeep198511

Sandeep198511

Apr 21, 2017
From where are you planning to take your PG course? & do you know any university in your country that might take international students in their distant learning course?
I am from India and planning to take pg diploma from IGNOU which is acceptable by WES as per university list by them...not sure about international students but I think it is possible...you can google it...not sure though if you don't get anything let me know and I will try to find it for you...

SabrinaKim

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
Pls give me advice..

I have been deciding almost for 1 month if I should recreate my profile to get NOI fron Ontario or stay still keeping my creation date intact(which was december 30 2017)
I'm the type of person who wants to make everything sure as ealiest as I can..The same goes in this journey to hunt the PR. But the thing is I am not sure if I would be able to get NOI as soon as I recreate my profile..
Moreover, I think CRS thresholds would go down to my point while I am applying for Ontario...

My NOC: 0116
CRS: 435

Do you have any suggestion?
If you were me, how would you do?
The announcement about their preferred NOIs last year makes my anxiety soar even more as mine is nothing to do with them.

sandy.y

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
India
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Just FYI - I also received NOI yesterday. Will wait for a couple of draws before submitting.

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
I am from India and planning to take pg diploma from IGNOU which is acceptable by WES as per university list by them...not sure about international students but I think it is possible...you can google it...not sure though if you don't get anything let me know and I will try to find it for you...
Thanks man, I have already searched IGNOU but unfortunately according to them it is possible to enroll into their program from anywhere outside India for my desired course.

I am searching for other alternate options though. let me know if you can refer anything. thanks

Reactions: Sandeep198511

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
Pls give me advice..

I have been deciding almost for 1 month if I should recreate my profile to get NOI fron Ontario or stay still keeping my creation date intact(which was december 30 2017)
I'm the type of person who wants to make everything sure as ealiest as I can..The same goes in this journey to hunt the PR. But the thing is I am not sure if I would be able to get NOI as soon as I recreate my profile..
Moreover, I think CRS thresholds would go down to my point while I am applying for Ontario...

My NOC: 0116
CRS: 435

Do you have any suggestion?
If you were me, how would you do?
The announcement about their preferred NOIs last year makes my anxiety soar even more as mine is nothing to do with them.

Nothing is certain. as per current trend cutoff can reach 435 not before end May at least but a back to back draw can make it happen early May too.

Sandeep198511

Apr 21, 2017
Thanks man, I have already searched IGNOU but unfortunately according to them it is possible to enroll into their program from anywhere outside India for my desired course.

I am searching for other alternate options though. let me know if you can refer anything. thanks
at 435 you should have PNP NOI from OINP have you not received it?...also it possible to enroll or not did not understand what you mean....

hs3

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Well that is certainly interesting and a potentially good theory, but the numbers do not really match this for that scenario either. In my opinion, unless the h1b holders are all getting LMIA backed job offers from Canadian Subsidiaries of US companies ( and the LMIA would need a little bit of processing time, so I wouldn't expect a sudden and immediate impact/increase like we are seeing lately ).

A h1b holder would not realistically have much higher points than the examples I produced as CIC cuts you off after three years work experience for ....reasons and heavily discriminates based upon age.

H1b holder will be somewhere either just below, or in the general region of the CRS points example cases I gave. That is a best case scenario.

Which leaves, in my opinion the order of likelihood for high scoring applicants entering the pool.

1. Tons of international Students currently in Canada. ( numbers I am finding are around 353,000 for 2015 ) if this were a large part of the increase I would expect the increase to be noticeable at the end of semesters and also that the pool would be much higher already. For this to ring true the pool size should be in the 100,000s and most scores would be above 450.
  2. People currently working in Canada. Under Canadian experience class ( would probably match previous years work permits roughly 286,000 ) There are also around 30,000 IEC holders in any given year that "could" be added to this pool under Canadian Experience Class. I would expect the pool size to be much larger and with higher scores in this scenario too.
  3. Provincial nominee applicants. ( this is the interesting outlier to me given the rather strange way Ontario is managing it's stream this year, compared to years past ).
  4. Hundreds of experienced, highly educated applicants, below the age of 32 with $20,000 sitting in the bank, with extremely good English/French skills, ready to quit their job and move overseas and pay out a minimum of $400 for ECAs and Language assessment.
  5. Relatives of PR holders, (who also meet the conditions of 4).

Anyway, long story short, I have a theory, a hunch, that we will see a lowering of CRS scores somewhere around April/May of this year, as per previous years, I can't predict a number with any kind of science, but, I reckon, lower than the 413 seen last year. I hope I am right, as hope is what these threads are all about. My reason for this decrease, is that the provincial nominees will have mostly filtered through, the students will have filtered through and the nightmare process of employers getting LMIAs in the first place makes 2 ( above ) not very likely.

:) Or I could just be completely wrong
A married H1b aged below 30, having 3 years experience in software, having a master's degree, with <8,7,7,7> in ielts, without including any spouse points can get to 442 :)

Reactions: closingtime

Gourav147

Star Member
Nov 29, 2017
Dear Friends,
Please tell me what to do.I had appeared for ielts on Jan 6th and after 52 days they published my result but got 6.5 in writing
my score are L-8.5,R-9,W-6.5,S-7.5 Overall-8.
In the first attempt my score in writing was 7: L-8.5,R-6.5,W-7,S-7.5,Overall-7.5
Tell me why should I not think this is intentional.
What to do guys!I have lost so much of emotional energy on this.

Pikecann

Star Member
Feb 12, 2017
Dear Friends,
Please tell me what to do.I had appeared for ielts on Jan 6th and after 52 days they published my result but got 6.5 in writing
my score are L-8.5,R-9,W-6.5,S-7.5 Overall-8.
In the first attempt my score in writing was 7: L-8.5,R-6.5,W-7,S-7.5,Overall-7.5
Tell me why should I not think this is intentional.
What to do guys!I have lost so much of emotional energy on this.
In your case I think it is an option to apply for re evaluation (re-mark) in writing module because your other modules are high and you already got 7 before... it is expensive and long but doable...
Just my opinion....