+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 85th Draw

pessacanada

Champion Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hi Stoick,

Visa will be valid until one year from medicals?

If I get the visa 8 months after medicals, then I will have to land within the next 4 months?

Or I can still go for another medical test if I need more time?
Hi,
You should land within the validity of your visa which is valid as long as your medicals are valid, if you can't land before expiration of your medicals then you should reapply to the EE coz your visa and CoPR will be cancelled.
My only suggestion is to land safely in Canada before expiration of your medicals :)

Swordwater

Feb 20, 2018
There is a catch in medicals. Your single entry immigration visa to do landing is valid exactly for a year after medicals. So plan accordingly.
The worst case is redoing it before ppr comes.. IRCC knows this. Some folks applications can take more than the time medicals will expire.

pessacanada

Champion Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
The worst case is redoing it before ppr comes.. IRCC knows this. Some folks applications can take more than the time medicals will expire.
If you redo you should inform that to IRCC, then your future visa validity will be based on new medicals expiration date

Stoick

Jun 27, 2017
Calgary
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
1-Jun-2017
Why take chances? Wait for ITA then do Medicals.

If you take another medical, is there a process to change the expiry date on the single entry visa?
No you cannot change the expiry date.

No one will ask for medical reports while landing. But it is a good to have

Reactions: alexross

balaprasad123

Star Member
Aug 27, 2016
My old medical report is having 6 more months validity.So am I allowed to take new medicals before the current one expires?
According to IRCC medical is valid for one yr and it also connects with landing date.

Swordwater

Feb 20, 2018
Why take chances? Wait for ITA then do Medicals.

No you cannot change the expiry date.

No one will ask for medical reports while landing. But it is a good to have
Things happen. Some people's applications can take more than 12months. You wait as IRCC does when passport expires, they will tell u to redo. Things happen, buddy.

Swordwater

Feb 20, 2018
My old medical report is having 6 more months validity.So am I allowed to take new medicals before the current one expires?
According to IRCC medical is valid for one yr and it also connects with landing date.
Nope, the hospital will see it as still very much alive.

Meanwhile, what happened?

Abeniade

May 13, 2017
I have a question about supplying a copy of a degree certificate.

I lost my original certificate when I moved house a few years ago. I do have a digital scan of the original that I took before I moved. I've also got a certified replacement degree certificate, issued by my University.

If I get ITA, which would be better to supply? I'm worried that if I attached a copy of the original, I wouldn't be able to reproduce the physical document if asked. And I couldn't find any information on whether certified replacement certificates are acceptable.

I've already had my credentials assessed by ICES and have a separate certificate from them.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Gman2018

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
Let's all keep a positive mind. It's just a week's delay. Come Wednesday, I hope the score won't go up considerably. I think 444 or 446 maximum. Then subsequently we Ll get back to 441 and below. Let's encourage each other. All the best

Reactions: Hardit singh

shersingh

Oct 5, 2017
Let's all keep a positive mind. It's just a week's delay. Come Wednesday, I hope the score won't go up considerably. I think 444 or 446 maximum. Then subsequently we Ll get back to 441 and below. Let's encourage each other. All the best
There will be 1200-1300 candidates over 440 that will get added because of 1 week delay. It would take 3-4 draws for score to fall below 441

Tony20182017

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
AOR Received.
19-09-2017
If you take another medical, is there a process to change the expiry date on the single entry visa?
It will be clearly mentioned in COPR that date on the document will not be extended under any circumstances. When you land, both Medicaid and COPR Should be within validity period. There is no way to extend dates on COPR/visa. Medical scan be retaken and in effect validity increased if needed. Bear in mind, extension of Medical does not effect COPR date.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mithu3

toykatyal

Mar 8, 2018
Anyone knows if any of the organisations, evaluate CFA for ECA?

I spent more time on that exam and its more challenging than ACCA yet they get evaluated as BSc and no one wants to evaluate CFA.

:mad::mad::mad::mad:
CFA will not give any score. Its not a degree or diploma

artificial.nocturne

Jan 25, 2018
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
I know this may be out of context for this thread but can someone tell how to get UAE PCC? In the end I need UAE, Saudi Arabia and Malaysia PCC but I believe for Malaysia and KSA you can only proceed once CIC requests for it post ITA.. if anyone knows about this please help! Thanks.