+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 84th Draw

raxdsouza

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Hi Friends,

Need your advice on express entry profile creation...

Ques1:
My wife does not have any canadian work experience and we are not claiming and poimts for it. I read some where that in such case we should not mention in the profile and mention as personal history post ITA as it create a place holder is it true?

Ques 2:
I have done my post graduation along with my Job. So in eca my start date and end date collapse with my Job start date will it be a problem to claim such points.

Masters start date july 2012 till may 2014 and company 1 start date july 2012 to july 2016 and compamy 2 start date 2016 till now.

So to claim for 3 or more years exp i have to show my company 1 details.

Kindly sugguest.

Reactions: saimurali88

Maphil

Star Member
Feb 27, 2017
Hello everyone. Can í ask for a clarification. Please, what is the implication of receiving ITA on the day my profile is to expire And next birthday is two days after that. I. E MY crs score ought to drop two days after the day of receiving ita

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hi Friends,

Ques1:
My wife does not have any canadian work experience and we are not claiming and poimts for it. I read some where that in such case we should not mention in the profile and mention as personal history post ITA as it create a place holder is it true?

Ques 2:
I have done my post graduation along with my Job. So in eca my start date and end date collapse with my Job start date will it be a problem to claim such points.

Masters start date july 2012 till may 2014 and company 1 start date july 2012 to july 2016 and compamy 2 start date 2016 till now.

Kindly sugguest.
Ans 1 : True
Ans 2 : No problem to claim 3 years points, if your "work experience while studying" is outside of Canada.

Good Luck!

Reactions: hishamx87

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hello everyone. Can í ask for a clarification. Please, what is the implication of receiving ITA on the day my profile is to expire And next birthday is two days after that. I. E MY crs score ought to drop two days after the day of receiving ita

Your profile gets locked after you receive ITA. Your profile only gets expired if you do not receive an ITA within 12 months from the day you get accepted in the Express Entry Pool. Read below-

"You can only stay in the Express Entry pool for one year from the date you were accepted into it. You can see this date in your account.
Your Express Entry profile will expire if you aren’t invited to apply in those 12 months."

source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/invitations-apply/next-steps-not-invited.html

Your birthday also gets locked at the day of your ITA. Read below-

Exemption to section A11.2: candidates whose birthday occurs after they receive an ITA
An applicant may have a birthday after they receive an ITA but before they submit their e-APR. Their change in age may lower their CRS score below the lowest score in the round of invitations. It may also result in the applicant no longer meeting the minimum requirements of the FSWC and, consequently, no longer meeting the MEC, resulting in a refusal based on section A11.2.

When a change in age results in the candidate no longer meeting the MEC or having their recalculated CRS points score fall below the lowest points score in that round of invitations, officers should consider applying the public policy to exempt applicants for permanent residence from certain age-based requirements between invitation to apply and application, based on section A25.2. This consideration can result in an exemption from the refusal of an application under section A11.2.

This public policy also grants an exemption to applicants who may be refused for failing to meet FSWC program requirements when their birthday occurs between the ITA and e-APR.

Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html

Hope it helps. Good Luck!

Reactions: lok254 and dee30

SonnyG

Star Member
Jan 29, 2018
Hey Friends,
Hope you're doing great! It has been long time for me since I'd visited this forum on Nov'2017 as I am focusing / preparing IELTS exam.
Because my
IELTS score on 1st attempt - L - 8.5, R - 6.5, S - 7., W - 7
IELTS score on 2nd attempt - L - 8.5, R - 8.5, S - 7, W - 6.5
IELTS score on 3nd attempt - L - 8.5, R - 7.5, S - 6.5, W - 7.5

My total CRS score is
391.It has been long time where I've updated my profile very long back ( around 1 year ago).
I am curious about to know

CRS - Skill Transferability - Certificate of Qualification - 0"

My question is
1. Do I need to update my CIC profile to get CRS - Skill Transferability - Certificate of Qualification score ?

Please reply!

Many Thanks,
rthoguluva
mate, u gotta get min 7 grade points in speaking, this will shoot your score around to 450. Study hard and get CLB 9.
some members here have a theory related to 6.5 in at least one subject. guess u r jinxed with that. good luck.

rugbani

Oct 14, 2017
So, I am ready for tomorrow's draw, hope for a decrees of at least 2-3 points to keep my hope alive.
I am waiting at CRS 430 and looking for ITA by mid May the latest before I lose more points.

In order to reach this crs by May I have this simple estimation

Number of people with CRS of 430-400 in the pool is around 5000
there will be approximately 2600 new applicants with CRS above 430 added to the pool every 2 weeks
there will be one draw every 2 weeks
from now till May we will have 6 draws (praying for more)

based on the above:
total applicants in the pool above 430 including applicants who will get there ITAs is (6*2600 + 5000 = 20600)
in order to get my ITA in May all the above people must get invited, this will require ~ 3500 invitations per draw for the newt 6 draws.

so good luck to all for tomorrow.
WE DEMAND BACK TO BACK DRAWS AND MORE ITAs :)

excitedme

Apr 15, 2015
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
02-02-2018
I just wanted to enquire do we need to submit transcripts post ITA ? As I already have the WES credential evaluation
if you have a Canadian degree, they will request your transcripts. I was asked for my transcripts from my masters education even though i had an eca for my bachelors degree.

Maphil

Star Member
Feb 27, 2017
Thanks for the reply. The information regarding the birthday seems so ambiguos am not really getting what its all about
Your profile gets locked after you receive ITA. Your profile only gets expired if you do not receive an ITA within 12 months from the day you get accepted in the Express Entry Pool. Read below-

"You can only stay in the Express Entry pool for one year from the date you were accepted into it. You can see this date in your account.
Your Express Entry profile will expire if you aren’t invited to apply in those 12 months."

source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/invitations-apply/next-steps-not-invited.html

Your birthday also gets locked at the day of your ITA. Read below-

Exemption to section A11.2: candidates whose birthday occurs after they receive an ITA
An applicant may have a birthday after they receive an ITA but before they submit their e-APR. Their change in age may lower their CRS score below the lowest score in the round of invitations. It may also result in the applicant no longer meeting the minimum requirements of the FSWC and, consequently, no longer meeting the MEC, resulting in a refusal based on section A11.2.

When a change in age results in the candidate no longer meeting the MEC or having their recalculated CRS points score fall below the lowest points score in that round of invitations, officers should consider applying the public policy to exempt applicants for permanent residence from certain age-based requirements between invitation to apply and application, based on section A25.2. This consideration can result in an exemption from the refusal of an application under section A11.2.

This public policy also grants an exemption to applicants who may be refused for failing to meet FSWC program requirements when their birthday occurs between the ITA and e-APR.

Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html

Hope it helps. Good Luck!

Reactions: Indigrrl

special3220

Jul 15, 2017
NOC Code......
So, I am ready for tomorrow's draw, hope for a decrees of at least 2-3 points to keep my hope alive.
I am waiting at CRS 430 and looking for ITA by mid May the latest before I lose more points.

In order to reach this crs by May I have this simple estimation

Number of people with CRS of 430-400 in the pool is around 5000
there will be approximately 2600 new applicants with CRS above 430 added to the pool every 2 weeks
there will be one draw every 2 weeks
from now till May we will have 6 draws (praying for more)

based on the above:
total applicants in the pool above 430 including applicants who will get there ITAs is (6*2600 + 5000 = 20600)
in order to get my ITA in May all the above people must get invited, this will require ~ 3500 invitations per draw for the newt 6 draws.

so good luck to all for tomorrow.
WE DEMAND BACK TO BACK DRAWS AND MORE ITAs :)
seems like simple enough :)

Dolarosa

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
Hi Friends,

Ques1:

Ques 2:

Kindly sugguest.
For your first question, if your wife has no Canadian work history, it shouldn’t be coming up anywhere at all. Once you’ve answered No when creating your application, i believe u don’t need to bother abt that anymore. What exactly will you be putting under personal history? Certainly not an explanation for something you don’t have, so don’t bother ur head.

For no 2, u don’t need to bother ur head as well. Does ur ECA say you have a post graduate degree? And do you have ur employment reference letter that says you worked for this period? If you do then don’t bother ur head. Sometimes we worry so much Cos we want to get it right. I think...

Reactions: ankurrana

jagan12

Jan 27, 2017
Hello everyone,
We are having a tricky situation regarding spouse work experience.
We intend on submitting our EOI for the upcoming draw under CEC.
My spouse began working last February in Canada, and has Canadian work experience (12 months inclusive of a one month of vacation outside Canada)
So, the actual experience will be between 11 to 12 months.
However, I found that the application form system will take the begin and end "months" (not dates) and calculate experience as 1 year even though the actual experience is less than a year.
Without claiming the spouse work experience points, we hope to be above the cutoff score.
In this situation, is it mandatory to put my spouse's in the spouse's work history section, even if we do not intend to claim the spouse work experience points ?
Or, should I write a letter of explanation stating that I do not wish to claim the points ?
The reason is because, if the CIC officer checks and finds that my spouse hasn't satisfied the one year duration, we do not want to risk the possibility of a information misinterpretation.
Could anyone please advise ?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,
We are having a tricky situation regarding spouse work experience.
We intend on submitting our EOI for the upcoming draw under CEC.
My spouse began working last February in Canada, and has Canadian work experience (12 months inclusive of a one month of vacation outside Canada)
So, the actual experience will be between 11 to 12 months.
However, I found that the application form system will take the begin and end "months" (not dates) and calculate experience as 1 year even though the actual experience is less than a year.
Without claiming the spouse work experience points, we hope to be above the cutoff score.
In this situation, is it mandatory to put my spouse's in the spouse's work history section, even if we do not intend to claim the spouse work experience points ?
Or, should I write a letter of explanation stating that I do not wish to claim the points ?
The reason is because, if the CIC officer checks and finds that my spouse hasn't satisfied the one year duration, we do not want to risk the possibility of a information misinterpretation.
Could anyone please advise ?
You are not forced to claim points for your spouses' work experience. You can leave the work history section blank but once you receive an ITA you must add such work experience under the personal history section. No proof of employment will be required.

Reactions: ishq74