+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 83rd Draw

Sanjana11

Jan 3, 2018
@abhishek_89 and all hero member please suggest what should I do,

I am at 441, opened profile on 25th December 2017. I will be at this score for next 2 years approximately and 1500 cad is manageable for me. Should I wait for direct ITA or should I recreate my profile for OINP? Also any link for detail OINP process?

shersingh

Oct 5, 2017
441 is a very good score for direct ITA, might take 2 invites though. The issue with recreating is you risk losing your rank and then again wait for OINP

I just saw you only created on dec 25, I dont see your rank should fall considerably. Your call

abhishek_89

Champion Member
Feb 9, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
Med's Done....
22-05-2017
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-03-2018

I am at 441, opened profile on 25th December 2017. I will be at this score for next 2 years approximately and 1500 cad is manageable for me. Should I wait for direct ITA or should I recreate my profile for OINP? Also any link for detail OINP process?
The below post copied from ROH 82 should help you and all others to take a decision whether to recreate your profile or apply for OINP.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ray-of-hope-82nd-draw.537452/page-115#post-6674981

Question:
Abhishek and Experts : Responses by every hero and champion members shall be specially appreciated

I have been following you since some time now and have been sitting in the pool with 435 points since July 27 2017. The challenge i am facing is that i am confused around whether i should recreate my EE profile for Ontario as i seem to have good chances with the fact that they are more selective around the NOC Code: 2171 belonging to computer sciences which i very well possess.

The other side is that with 435 points the tie breaking rule is something of an obstacle these days but also it seems quite presumably obvious that the CRS scores shall not move till this point anywhere near April it seems (although one can never predict with CIC and we see a back to back draw but the flip side is that it might not even still get to exactly 435 and land somewhere above this and less than 440).

I am in a position where my consultant has left it to me to decide whether i resubmit my profile and stick with this one for the next couple of draws to which i am myself very confused.

I know you wouldn't want to answer this question hence i would like to rephrase this question to you in the following way:

"What would you have done if you were in my position? (Making the decision in such a way that the additional 1500$ cost is available to you and at your disposal)"?

The answer to this question might be quite helpful to a lot of people like me in the forum at the higher 435 ish mark and hence an exact answer shall be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Response:
Good that you rephrased the question because decisions like this have to be made by self based on personal situations like how much money in hand, how much desperate to get the PR, current situation, dealing with prolonged uncertainty, risk taking ability, etc.

"What would you have done if you were in my position? (Making the decision in such a way that the additional 1500$ cost is available to you and at your disposal)"?

As my age is currently 28 and below 30 (I would be on the same score atleast for another 1.5 years assuming I wrote IELTS in the last 6 months), so if I was at 435 I would continue being on 435 for another 1.5 years. So the only risk that I am going to take is missing out due to the tie breaker rule if the cut off comes to be exactly 435 and never again goes below that score in the next 1.5 years (which I personally feel won't be the case). So, I would recreate my profile and increase the chances of getting an NOI. If I receive the NOI in the next few weeks, I would wait out the 45 days before submitting it so that if I get an ITA directly before submitting my application I don't need to proceed with PNP. Assuming I don't receive the ITA within 45 days I would submit the application for OINP as I don't want to regret the fact that I threw away my opportunity at obtaining a Canada PR. The 1500$ is something which I can make in 15-20 days working in Tim Horton's once I land in Canada so even if I don't have the required amount I would have obtained it some how.

Now, let's assume I get a direct ITA while the OINP process is ongoing (after submitting and paying the 1500$). In that case, I would cancel the OINP process (even if I lost the 1500$) and proceed with the direct ITA as the processing times looks to be better with the FSW process than the PNP process and another important factor is that I would have the freedom of settling anywhere in Canada even though I right now intend to be in Toronto.

Interestingly, If I had applied alone my CRS would have actually been exactly 435. As I applied with spouse as primary our CRS was 440.

FaithandFavor

Star Member
May 31, 2017
NOC Code......
Hi guys,

Congrats to all those who got ITAs and PPRs this week. I finally got PPR. Thanks for all the love and support. Keep fighting for your dream, we will all make it one day.

This calls for a Friday/PPR dance. I know lots of my friends were waiting for this. lol

#staypositive
Congratulations!

oshin

Sep 22, 2015
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2015
Med's Request
08-12-2015 Upfront
Med's Done....
24-12-2015 Passed
Passport Req..
21-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-2016
January 26, 2018

Express Entry – Human Capital Priorities Notification of Interest

Please be advised that the OINP has commenced issuing NOIs under the HCP stream.

The results of today’s round are as follows:

Number of invitations issued: 380
Date and time of portal search: January 25, 2018 at 2:15PM EST
CRS score range: 444 to 433 (this is weird or maybe 433 to 444)
Date Express Entry profile submitted: January 1, 2018 to January 25, 2018

The OINP is managing the volume of applications to the HCP stream at this time. The OINP will be issuing NOIs on a regular basis to applicants, who at minimum, have a CRS of 400 and meet all eligibility criteria.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My advice would be to go for OINP if you got NOI. Even if they were selective upon which NOC to take, their stream does not strictly require any specific NOC. So once you have NOI all you need is to fulfill requirements (1 year work experience, 400+ points, Language CBL 7 and at least 3 years bachelor diploma). If ever you were not sure about NOC and had to change it later on. Explain it clearly in LOE to Ontario.
If they had any other additional hidden requirements for NOI, they are not part of formal requirements, you they cannot issue you PFL because of it.
Ontario is a decent province to live in. So unless you really aim for different province go for it.
Anyway you can always cancel the whole process if ever you will get direct ITA.
But for now it is hard to predict how pool will react. (but your next birthday is rather easy to predict).

Dreamer401

Jan 26, 2018
Hello Friends,

I need some advice on my current situation please help me with your valuable suggestions. I am currently in Canada working on a closed WP my contract is expiring in April. I am currently waiting in the pool with 438 points and in March my score will jump to 455 as I will be completing 2 years in Canada which would mean I would get picked and get an ITA after patiently waiting for 8-9 months now.

Today I received a notification of Interest from Ontario if I accept that I would get 600 points which is a good thing.

I am not an expert but I read on blogs that if I go through the OINP track for a PR it will take longer than it would take me if I go through the normal route. Is this true?

My question is shall I accept the OINP and proceed or shall I wait for a month until my score increases.

Please help me with your valuable advises, thanking you in advance!

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Friends,

I need some advice on my current situation please help me with your valuable suggestions. I am currently in Canada working on a closed WP my contract is expiring in April. I am currently waiting in the pool with 438 points and in March my score will jump to 455 as I will be completing 2 years in Canada which would mean I would get picked and get an ITA after patiently waiting for 8-9 months now.

Today I received a notification of Interest from Ontario if I accept that I would get 600 points which is a good thing.

I am not an expert but I read on blogs that if I go through the OINP track for a PR it will take longer than it would take me if I go through the normal route. Is this true?

My question is shall I accept the OINP and proceed or shall I wait for a month until my score increases.

Please help me with your valuable advises, thanking you in advance!
Wait for March. In your case you will get good enough CRS score to get direct ITA.

movetocanda

Dec 18, 2017
What are the advantage of ITA vs PNP? Do we still have 3 years to permanently move to Canada with PNP or we have to move immediately?