+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 83rd Draw

AnonUser17

Dec 6, 2017
January 26, 2018

Express Entry – Human Capital Priorities Notification of Interest

Please be advised that the OINP has commenced issuing NOIs under the HCP stream.

The results of today’s round are as follows:

Number of invitations issued: 380
Date and time of portal search: January 25, 2018 at 2:15PM EST
CRS score range: 444 to 433 (this is weird or maybe 433 to 444)
Date Express Entry profile submitted: January 1, 2018 to January 25, 2018

The OINP is managing the volume of applications to the HCP stream at this time. The OINP will be issuing NOIs on a regular basis to applicants, who at minimum, have a CRS of 400 and meet all eligibility criteria.
Can anyone explain me why is Ontario inviting profiles from 2018 only? I am at 437 but my profile is from April 2017. Do I need to close my profile and open it again? I don't understand why there should be the need for this.

Thanks

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EE PNP advantages:
1. You have right of one stupid mistake. (if your federal application is cancelled because of the missing document you can still use PNP that is valid 6 months and get next ITA)
2. No insecurity for the first ITA (this one is obvious)

Disadvantages:
1. it takes longer (because it takes some time to get PNP itself)
2. It takes slighlty longer on the Federal level when compared to CEC
3. You have to start in the province that has nominated you. (that means landing formalities or first arrival, also it can be through other province if there is no good way for direct arrival).
4. You might be ready to justify leaving that province (also there was not yet case where one would get into serious problem because of that).
5. It is more expensive (as most provinces do charge fee for the PNP application).

Myths:
1. It takes much longer when compared to other types of EE (this a complete myth, the only delay is when waiting for the provincial confirmation, everything else is the same and individual).
2. you must arrive immediately (no you have same rights as any other PR)
3. You must stay in the province for x years or until citizenship (no you have same rights as any other PR).
4. PNP is very expensive (the only difference is the application fee, which when compared to the monthly costs of living in Canada are not high. Almost all other documents required are also required on the federal stage or will be needed in Canada later on).
5. Once I apply I am bound to that province (no you can withdraw you application at any time or even decline PNP nomination)

Last edited:

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can anyone explain me why is Ontario inviting profiles from 2018 only? I am at 437 but my profile is from April 2017. Do I need to close my profile and open it again? I don't understand why there should be the need for this.

Thanks
Because they want to save them trouble to go through lot of profiles, so they just check new intakes. Less work for them and they still get enough PNP.
It is up to you to try to get profile that they want (including for it to be recently created).

Reactions: h1b2pr

Sami123

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Did anyone receive new NOIs? And which time did you get it
My lawyer didn’t send anything i will have to wait till Monday since it’s the weekend now I am within the range can’t wait to know if I get an invitation

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018

Thanks
Because they have a poor system. If they pull records from year 2017, the database will hang or the system will crash.:D

Fyi, I received NOI on the same day that I re-created my profile, that was 12-May-2017. Even back then, the system was already like that.

I will not discourage anyone (except those with high CRS) from taking the PNP route. Not all PNP applications (nomination process) take that long. I for one got the OINP nomination in 23 days.

So, this is just my suggestion, it’s still your call which route to take:
  • 420 and below - I suggest you re-create your profile to receive NOI.
  • 420-430 - you can also opt for PNP or wait for direct ITA by mid year
  • 430+ - you have a high chance of getting direct ITA in the first quarter of this year, keep your profile for the tie-breaking rule.
Good luck to all :)

Sarapgw

Star Member
Aug 21, 2016
EE PNP advantages:
1. You have right of one stupid mistake. (if your federal application is cancelled because of the missing document you can still use PNP that is valid 6 months and get next ITA)

Disadvantages:
3. You have to start in the province that has nominated you. (that means landing formalities or first arrival, also it can be through other province if there is no good way for direct arrival).
4. You might be ready to justify leaving that province (also there was not yet case where one would get into serious problem because of that).
5. It is more expensive (as most provinces do charge fee for the PNP application).

Myths:
1. It takes much longer when compared to other types of EE (this a complete myth, the only delay is when waiting for the provincial confirmation, everything else is the same and individual).
3. You must stay in the province for x years or until citizenship (no you have same rights as any other PR).
4. PNP is very expensive (the only difference is the application fee, which when compared to the monthly costs of living in Canada are not high. Almost all other documents required are also required on the federal stage or will be needed in Canada later on).
5. Once I apply I am bound to that province (no you can withdraw you application at any time or even decline PNP nomination)

For the OINP if I get nomination do I have show the funding even if I apply via CEC category? I am based in Ontario but my employer is from Calgary. will it be OK to get OINP nomination or not? I did my masters in Ontario.
******I am at 443. Missed the last draw by one point. Will it be worth to recreate my profile or to wait for the next draw?

sundar17feb99

Apr 30, 2017
Chennai - India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Nomination.....
05-01-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
EE PNP advantages:

Disadvantages:

Myths:
Well articulated vensak :)

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
For the OINP if I get nomination do I have show the funding even if I apply via CEC category? I am based in Ontario but my employer is from Calgary. will it be OK to get OINP nomination or not? I did my masters in Ontario.
******I am at 443. Missed the last draw by one point. Will it be worth to recreate my profile or to wait for the next draw?
I'll let the experts answer your first question but if I were you I'd wait for the next draw. You have a good chance that you'll get ITA in the next draw.

Reactions: Nabs17

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
Wait for the next draw.

Reactions: Nabs17

Murtuza S

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hi friends. I heard there is a possibility that while OINP is processing application if a profile gets direct ITA, the person can ask for refund from OINP. Is this true or just a rumour and if yes then are OINP proactive in refunding the amount??

Please advise..

gg_posange

Dec 17, 2017
Because they have a poor system. If they pull records from year 2017, the database will hang or the system will crash.:D

Fyi, I received NOI on the same day that I re-created my profile, that was 12-May-2017. Even back then, the system was already like that.

I will not discourage anyone (except those with high CRS) from taking the PNP route. Not all PNP applications (nomination process) take that long. I for one got the OINP nomination in 23 days.

So, this is just my suggestion, it’s still your call which route to take:
  • 420 and below - I suggest you re-create your profile to receive NOI.
  • 420-430 - you can also opt for PNP or wait for direct ITA by mid year
  • 430+ - you have a high chance of getting direct ITA in the first quarter of this year, keep your profile for the tie-breaking rule.
Good luck to all :)
HI, I'm here at 435 since October 21st,17. My crs won't drop because of age anytime soon. Should I recreate my profile for the noi? I do think that 1500CAD is a lot but the draws have been so unpredictable at the same time..

vin1906

Star Member
Jun 12, 2015
Yes, CIC issued around 86,000 ITAs in 2017 and yes, with 2750 ITAs every 2 weeks (around 26 draws) CIC would be able to issue only around 72,000 ITAs this year. To add to it there is a marginal increase in the PR targets in 2018 compared to last year. This is the reason why everybody is perplexed and surprised with the lesser number of ITAs issued and waiting to see the numbers go high and the CRS cut off go low.

The only logical reason for the ITAs to be lesser this time is if they overshot their 2017 targets with the number of ITAs they issued last year and are compensating it this year with the lesser number of ITAs.
Thanks abhishek u replied.
But then since they announced higher intake post issue of itas last year ...and reffering to fact that EE is always dynamic ...crs is bound to come down ...else they ll end up in ita deficit for next year. Its just a thought.

rashpal26

Star Member
Jun 12, 2017
Tampa, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-07-2018
AOR Received.
01-07-2018
Passport Req..
15-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2019
Hi friends. I heard there is a possibility that while OINP is processing application if a profile gets direct ITA, the person can ask for refund from OINP. Is this true or just a rumour and if yes then are OINP proactive in refunding the amount??

Please advise..
No you won't be getting any refund in case is direct ITA.