Jan 25, 2017
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
T
Hi,
So glad that you got the score you wanted. Just curious about your final speaking score, I heard that BC or IDP wouldn't degrade the mark even they think the candidates's performance isn't that good than the original mark. So is this a rumor? They do actually degrade the marks.
Thank you so much Savana. My final Speaking score was 7.5. I didn't apply EOR for the speaking part. And as far as I know, they do not degrade marks. Its usually same or higher! Hope that helps.

Reactions: iamxty

KingKurly

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2017
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I’m glad you never gave up. You’re one of those few guys I know who got the attitude to persevere no matter how many times you fail.

I wish you the best. :)

My daughter likes to learn Nepali :)
Your comment and wishes means a lot to me Christy. No I don't give up easily. Of all, giving up is the last. However, I did have the support of all the lovely people I met here including you :)
I'm sure Bhanu will make her fluent and she won't have problem to visit her father's home time to time ;)

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
Your comment and wishes means a lot to me Christy. No I don't give up easily. Of all, giving up is the last. However, I did have the support of all the lovely people I met here including you :)
I'm sure Bhanu will make her fluent and she won't have problem to visit her father's home time to time ;)
You never left me too when I was not at my best, lol.

So, enjoying filling out the e-APR? :D

Reactions: KingKurly

abhishek_89

Champion Member
Feb 9, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
Med's Done....
22-05-2017
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-03-2018
Hi @abhishek_89

We sitting on 435 are terribly sad & hopeless, do you still think cutoff can reach 435 by mistake even in the next few months? With the increase in applicants number with high crs how likely is that? I know its a bit early but whats your feedback after todays draw?
Currently, on an average in 2 weeks 2750 applicants enter or improve their CRS score to 435 or above. So, if the average intake is lesser, then cut off could reach 435. If not, the other options are having more number of ITAs issued or having 1 week gap draws.

Also, there is already a huge number of applicants who are stuck on scores between 435 and 443 which would delay the downswing of the cut off.

Reactions: Midnight Blessing

abhishek_89

Champion Member
Feb 9, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
Med's Done....
22-05-2017
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-03-2018
Abhishek and Experts : Responses by every hero and champion members shall be specially appreciated

I have been following you since some time now and have been sitting in the pool with 435 points since July 27 2017. The challenge i am facing is that i am confused around whether i should recreate my EE profile for Ontario as i seem to have good chances with the fact that they are more selective around the NOC Code: 2171 belonging to computer sciences which i very well possess.

The other side is that with 435 points the tie breaking rule is something of an obstacle these days but also it seems quite presumably obvious that the CRS scores shall not move till this point anywhere near April it seems (although one can never predict with CIC and we see a back to back draw but the flip side is that it might not even still get to exactly 435 and land somewhere above this and less than 440).

I am in a position where my consultant has left it to me to decide whether i resubmit my profile and stick with this one for the next couple of draws to which i am myself very confused.

I know you wouldn't want to answer this question hence i would like to rephrase this question to you in the following way:

"What would you have done if you were in my position? (Making the decision in such a way that the additional 1500$ cost is available to you and at your disposal)"?

The answer to this question might be quite helpful to a lot of people like me in the forum at the higher 435 ish mark and hence an exact answer shall be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Good that you rephrased the question because decisions like this have to be made by self based on personal situations like how much money in hand, how much desperate to get the PR, current situation, dealing with prolonged uncertainty, risk taking ability, etc.
"What would you have done if you were in my position? (Making the decision in such a way that the additional 1500$ cost is available to you and at your disposal)"?

As my age is currently 28 and below 30 (I would be on the same score atleast for another 1.5 years assuming I wrote IELTS in the last 6 months), so if I was at 435 I would continue being on 435 for another 1.5 years. So the only risk that I am going to take is missing out due to the tie breaker rule if the cut off comes to be exactly 435 and never again goes below that score in the next 1.5 years (which I personally feel won't be the case). So, I would recreate my profile and increase the chances of getting an NOI. If I receive the NOI in the next few weeks, I would wait out the 45 days before submitting it so that if I get an ITA directly before submitting my application I don't need to proceed with PNP. Assuming I don't receive the ITA within 45 days I would submit the application for OINP as I don't want to regret the fact that I threw away my opportunity at obtaining a Canada PR. The 1500$ is something which I can make in 15-20 days working in Tim Horton's once I land in Canada so even if I don't have the required amount I would have obtained it some how.

Now, let's assume I get a direct ITA while the OINP process is ongoing (after submitting and paying the 1500$). In that case, I would cancel the OINP process (even if I lost the 1500$) and proceed with the direct ITA as the processing times looks to be better with the FSW process than the PNP process and another important factor is that I would have the freedom of settling anywhere in Canada even though I right now intend to be in Toronto.

Interestingly, If I had applied alone my CRS would have actually been exactly 435. As I applied with spouse as primary our CRS was 440.

KingKurly

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2017
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You never left me too when I was not at my best, lol.

So, enjoying filling out the e-APR? :D
Awww that's so nice of you. I haven't continued with my invitation yet. Will start tomorrow as my wifi is out at home. But at the mean time I'm working on collecting last remaining documents. I intend to apply on Friday. Let's see if I'll meet the deadline lol.