+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 82nd Draw

Abhishek.s1990

Star Member
Jan 5, 2018
So nothing today I was still waiting after reading the thread here but its almost 11 pm IST here .Until next week..
Lets not loose hope

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone, this is my first post to ROH, although I've been lurking since December. Does anyone have experience with claiming common-law on their express entry profile? My boyfriend (who is a Canadian citizen and currently working in Canada since December) and I lived together in Montana for about a year and four months. All we really have to show for it is a lease agreement. With just that as evidence, would it be risky to claim common-law on express entry? Most of the information I've seen regarding common-law has to do with sponsorship (and I do not want to be sponsored). Thanks in advance for any advice!

Hopefully there's a draw today, good luck everyone!
I don't remember EE give you more points if your partner is PR/Citizen.

Fishal2017

Jun 3, 2017
We missed to apply the birth certificate along with the passport at the time of her birth.
As shes born in jeddah we had the Arabic one.

For the immi process we went to the consulate to apply for the birth certificate and they gave us a document "birth certificate as per passport" thinking that we lost the registery certificate as usually it is given along with the first passport.

We didn't know this was not the correct document and submitted the same.

Cic rejected our case stating...we do not accept passport as the birth proof...

Showing the rejection letter and re-explaining that we haven't taken any birth certificate to the consular general, we took the correct document after rejection.

Waiting since Aug for ITA..the wait continues....
We got our document from Riyadh embassy , well that makes another tick in the similarities,
What is your CRS? Don’t worry , you will get it soon.

Reactions: Samroze

montanagirl

Jan 16, 2018
I don't remember EE give you more points if your partner is PR/Citizen.
Thanks for replying! The points seem to come from the common-law partner having siblings in Canada (based on the CRS tool question "Do you or your spouse or common law partner (if they will come with you to Canada) have at least one brother or sister living in Canada who is a citizen or permanent resident?").... Maybe this doesn't apply because he won't technically be coming with me to Canada, since he's a citizen and already in Canada?

Aman Mehta

Jan 15, 2018
I don't have enough bank balance to show to immigration Canada for my Express Entry application. Can my brother as well as sister-in-law, who are already staying in Canada and are PR holders, sponsor me? My brother is planning to write a letter of explanation to IRCC stating that he is going to take care of my basic necessities till I land a decent job in Canada. Moreover, he will be attaching his savings bank account statements along with my express entry profile to show his ability/willingness to sponsor me. Is a letter of explanation, as well as his bank account statements enough to support my financial condition?