+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 82nd Draw

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
Hello everyone! Please help me asap. I have created my profile in june 2017 with 387 CRS which had an UCI. Again I recreated on September 2017 with 438 score. But this time, it had no UCI. Is it true that ITA will not be sent for the profiles with no UCI?
Nope, not true. I looked through a lot of the old forums for discussion on when the UCI is generated, it is very common for UCI to be assigned at some point post ITA. here is an example:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/unique-client-identifier-not-showing-on-my-application.517566/#post-6358002

Reactions: JJ_87

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
Let's look at it from the OINP officer's point of view.

Task assigned:
Pick candidates from the Express Entry pool who fit the criteria for HCP NOI.

Task started:
He accesses the Express Entry pool data and looks at the previous draw's CRS cut off which is 446, so he makes a logical decision to pick applicants with CRS 446 and below only as he sees no point in selecting folks above CRS 446 (as 446 was the cut off in the previous 2 draws, so he is thinking what if the cut off would be constant at 446). So, his first set of selected candidates turn out to be from the 440-446 range.

This is how most of us would do our day jobs, isn't it?

He would be proud of making this logical decision unless he reads this forum or if there happens to be a draw tomorrow with CRS 440/441 as cut off.

Hi @abhishek_89

As usual your point is very logical, so I guess this is quite a pivotal point and today we will know about whether cic is is rhythm with cic or walking on different path.

So, even if we consider the worst case scenario, How far do you think about the direct cutoff can fall in the couple of months from 446?

Next, what do you think about how far can oinp go till they achieve their quotas of 6600?

I must say this is the trickiest situation for everyone above 400 to 440, especially people at 430 -440. Your insight will incredibly help to pacify our anxious days. Thanks

Last edited:

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
Hmm my profile was withdrawn and resubmitted and is valid since the 19th but still no UCI. I wonder if that means I am not in the pool to receive PNP.

Because that would be pretty bad.

Anyone know anything about UCIs ?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=012&top=4

What is my client ID?
Your client ID, also referred to as a UCI, is on all documents you get from us. It is an eight or ten-digit number that looks like this: 0000-0000 or 00-0000-0000.

If you are applying to us for the first time, you will not yet have a client ID. If you are filling out a form that asks for one, write “Not Applicable” or “N/A” in the space provided.

If you are applying online and the form does not allow you to input “N/A,” leave the space blank.

This tells us that first time applicants will not have a UCI. So probably people who have applied earlier for some other type of visa for Canada or got to a post ITA stage of express entry earlier and had to start over again will have it. Maybe some other cases might have it as well, not sure but the majority of fresh applicants will not have it before ITA.

closingtime

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017
NOC Code......

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=012&top=4

What is my client ID?
Your client ID, also referred to as a UCI, is on all documents you get from us. It is an eight or ten-digit number that looks like this: 0000-0000 or 00-0000-0000.

If you are applying to us for the first time, you will not yet have a client ID. If you are filling out a form that asks for one, write “Not Applicable” or “N/A” in the space provided.

If you are applying online and the form does not allow you to input “N/A,” leave the space blank.

This tells us that first time applicants will not have a UCI. So probably people who have applied earlier for some other type of visa for Canada or got to a post ITA stage of express entry earlier and had to start over again will have it. Maybe some other cases might have it as well, not sure but the majority of fresh applicants will not have it before ITA.
That makes sense thanks for sharing the information Alex.

Reactions: alexross

Micky345

Champion Member
Dec 2, 2017
According to the previous rounds data, everytime that the number of ITAs issued stayed the same and the gap between the two draws was two weeks, the new cut-off point has always been 2 to 6 points lower than the previous cut-off point. So the only scenario that your prediction can be true is that CIC decreases the number of ITAs issued for this draw.

I seriously doubt CIC would do such a thing and I predict 443 +/-2 for the 82nd draw if it happens today.
Let's see. Hope its even less as every one wants their ITA and we get it sooner.

amalmathew

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
IRCC next implementation phase will start from April and their target was to decide on applications for 2017 by the end of March. IRCC took many PNP applicants to Ottawa CPC as it was the fastest for the same purpose. However, this resulted in Backlogs in Ottawa CPC as well and slowed down their processing as well. Now the size of ITA and Nominations are expected to be low till IRCC and Local Visa Offices are able to ease down the backlogs.

IRCC is investing huge amounts on IT upgradation but they still need to add up ad-hoc human resources to speed up processing. Another option is to increase the number of Visa Offices around the world to decrease pressure on Global Visa Hubs.

In conclusion, I agree with your analysis and hope that IRCC will be able to improve things until April when their next implementation phase starts.
Does that means draw size and draw frequency won't be changed positively till April? That's sad :(

nt13

Sep 1, 2017
IRCC next implementation phase will start from April and their target was to decide on applications for 2017 by the end of March. IRCC took many PNP applicants to Ottawa CPC as it was the fastest for the same purpose. However, this resulted in Backlogs in Ottawa CPC as well and slowed down their processing as well. Now the size of ITA and Nominations are expected to be low till IRCC and Local Visa Offices are able to ease down the backlogs.

IRCC is investing huge amounts on IT upgradation but they still need to add up ad-hoc human resources to speed up processing. Another option is to increase the number of Visa Offices around the world to decrease pressure on Global Visa Hubs.

In conclusion, I agree with your analysis and hope that IRCC will be able to improve things until April when their next implementation phase starts.
Thanks for your reply. Time to look out for options!

wannabepr9090

Jan 11, 2018
I think they are trying to give preference to people with higher scores. Even if no one in this range would accept, but still they must have wanted to start from the top tier and in few weeks trickle down to lower scores(if the quota remains)
Agree. Collecting money might not be the reason of giving NOIs to 440-446, because they will collect $$$ anyways from 6600 people who accept the NOIs. Since this EE is “the higher the better” system, I think they are just giving chances to people with higher scores first to choose between OINP and Direct ITA. The targeted grade will come down to lower scorers if scores btw 440-446 would choose to go with direct ITA.

FYI, one of my friends got an NOI recently, not in the HCP stream but the other stream. (Don’t know which one. I believe it won’t be HCP since he has a college diploma.) He works for the aviation company so I am guessing he got it with his NOC code.

JWahid

Star Member
Jan 2, 2018
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Dhaka
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-01-2018
Guys, I have a rookie question here.
I got NOI from ONIP yesterday. ( profile created on 2nd January,18, NOC: 2171, CRS Score: 440)
Do you think I should go for the ONIP path?
And if I accept the ONIP path and later on if the CRS cut off for normal EE goes below 440, can I decline the ONIP path and take the EE path?

Jakilee

Star Member
Dec 9, 2017
Calgary
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I got NOI from ONIP yesterday. ( profile created on 2nd January,18, NOC: 2171, CRS Score: 440)
And if I accept the ONIP path and later on if the CRS cut off for normal EE goes below 440, can I decline the ONIP path and take the EE path?
You have 45 days to decide and during that time there will be about 3 draws, I will say wait till the very last minute.

ankitptrivedi

Jun 7, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-03-2018
AOR Received.
14-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
27-06-2018
Wait for a couple of draws. You’ll save $1500.

Reactions: ashish_india-canada

Juliepopu

Jan 8, 2018
Hello everyone! Please help me asap. I have created my profile in june 2017 with 387 CRS which had an UCI. Again I recreated on September 2017 with 438 score. But this time, it had no UCI. Is it true that ITA will not be sent for the profiles with no UCI?
Hello please kindly share with me how you managed to boost up your score to 438. PLEASE PLEASE. Am currently on 358. Though my spouse