24-02-2018
Thn there should be a draw today plz god do something :D

RahulMalpani

Jan 3, 2018
Mumbai, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Please read the post again carefully. Good luck!
I am now confused. This is what it says. Why is my understanding incorrect? >> If bday occurs after getting ITA and before validated by officer, this will not impact application (if all other things in the candidates application are in order.)

I have underlined the sections that leads me to believe the above.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/age-based-requirements.html

Public policy considerations
As described above, applicants may fail to meet the regulatory requirements pertaining to the number of points required due to the loss of age points as a result of their birthday occurring between the time they were invited to apply and the deadline for submitting an application for permanent residence. Aging is a change of circumstance that an applicant has no ability to control or remedy, and therefore warrants a special dispensation from the requirements. These applicants would likely be refused, resulting in a loss of application fees.

Therefore, I hereby establish that there are sufficient public policy considerations that justify granting, in accordance with section 25.2 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
exemptions from the criteria and obligations found in the provisions of the Regulations listed below to foreign nationals who meet the eligibility criteria and conditions set out below.

Conditions
Based on the public policy considerations outlined above, delegated officers may grant an exemption from the criteria and obligations found in the provisions listed below to foreign nationals who meet the following eligibility criteria and conditions:

• The foreign national submitted a permanent residence application after having been issued an invitation to apply pursuant to subsection 10.1(1) of the Act;
  • At the time the officer received their application, the foreign national no longer met sub-paragraph 76(1)(a)(iv) and section 81 of the Regulations because the foreign national’s birthday occurred after the invitation to apply was issued;
Foreign nationals eligible under this public policy are subject to all other criteria and obligations of the Act not exempted under this public policy.

vjosi

Jun 23, 2017
tirane
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2017
Passport Req..
04-06-2018
LANDED..........
18-10-2018
Hi!
I really liked your post. No matter how much we would like to get to Canada, things can happen, one might not get ITA at all, somebody else might be refused during the process but as you say - we need to live our lives, which are happening NOW, at this moment, not tomorrow, not after receiving ITA, not after getting PR. No matter what, we need to be grateful for today regardless of where we are and we must try to enjoy and appreciate the blessings we have!
I did receive my ITA recently (barely as I was only 1 point above the cut off), but there are still so many problems even with submitting the application. What I'm trying to say is we should enjoy where we are now and who we are with!
You are right. I have spent more than five years trying to adapt to ever changing rules of immigration. And I spent this last year trying to gather documents for the AOR stage. I too received my ITA recently and faced my problems with my documents as in Albania (country I live in) is very difficult to get evidence for things. Moreover our lawyer failed to mention that my husband should get a FBI certificate and we are so late with this important document. But who cares!!! I did my best up to now, I can not do anything else. I am just trying to live my life here, now.
Even though waiting for the rounds of application is way to stressful (been there, done that) you did what you could. Stressing out is really harmful for you and those around you. We should try to build our life with what we have. And THANK GOD!

Snapdragon

Star Member
Dec 25, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw
AOR Received.
19-03-2018
Passport Req..
29-08-2018
You are right. I have spent more than five years trying to adapt to ever changing rules of immigration. And I spent this last year trying to gather documents for the AOR stage. I too received my ITA recently and faced my problems with my documents as in Albania (country I live in) is very difficult to get evidence for things. Moreover our lawyer failed to mention that my husband should get a FBI certificate and we are so late with this important document. But who cares!!! I did my best up to now, I can not do anything else. I am just trying to live my life here, now.
Even though waiting for the rounds of application is way to stressful (been there, done that) you did what you could. Stressing out is really harmful for you and those around you. We should try to build our life with what we have. And THANK GOD!
Wish you all the best where you are now and wherever you might be in the future! :)

Reactions: vjosi

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
I am now confused. This is what it says. Why is my understanding incorrect? >> If bday occurs after getting ITA and before validated by officer, this will not impact application (if all other things in the candidates application are in order.)

I have underlined the sections that leads me to believe the above.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/age-based-requirements.html

Public policy considerations
As described above, applicants may fail to meet the regulatory requirements pertaining to the number of points required due to the loss of age points as a result of their birthday occurring between the time they were invited to apply and the deadline for submitting an application for permanent residence. Aging is a change of circumstance that an applicant has no ability to control or remedy, and therefore warrants a special dispensation from the requirements. These applicants would likely be refused, resulting in a loss of application fees.

Therefore, I hereby establish that there are sufficient public policy considerations that justify granting, in accordance with section 25.2 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
exemptions from the criteria and obligations found in the provisions of the Regulations listed below to foreign nationals who meet the eligibility criteria and conditions set out below.

Conditions
Based on the public policy considerations outlined above, delegated officers may grant an exemption from the criteria and obligations found in the provisions listed below to foreign nationals who meet the following eligibility criteria and conditions:

• The foreign national submitted a permanent residence application after having been issued an invitation to apply pursuant to subsection 10.1(1) of the Act;
  • At the time the officer received their application, the foreign national no longer met sub-paragraph 76(1)(a)(iv) and section 81 of the Regulations because the foreign national’s birthday occurred after the invitation to apply was issued;
Foreign nationals eligible under this public policy are subject to all other criteria and obligations of the Act not exempted under this public policy.
This is correct and this is exactly what the original post was saying, and this is why I told you to read the post again because you said the information is incorrect without reading the post carfefully while the information is 100% correct and you have just repeated the same information again.
So, that means that the CRS will drop if the applicant has a birthday after receiving an ITA. However, if this drop makes the CRS score fall below the cut-off threshold, the applicant will be exempt and the application will not be refused. Good Luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: RahulMalpani

RahulMalpani

Jan 3, 2018
Mumbai, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
This is correct and this is exactly what the original post was saying, and this is why I told you to read the post again because you said the information is incorrect without reading the post carfefully while the information is 100% correct and you have just repeated the same information again.
My bad :oops:

shersingh

Oct 5, 2017
Do State nominated express entry applications process at the same pace by IRCC or do these applications have longer processing times if so how long ??
Just checking... in case ...:confused:

everydaydealer

Oct 31, 2017
what might be the cutoff for next round as it dint happen from dec 20th. Hoping it will happen on jan 10th. What are the chances for 440 to be picked ?

rashidali90

Dec 8, 2017
Please advice:
I am hoping to get ITA soon at 435, If I resign from my job and after applying for PR I am not working anywhere, lets say I get ITA in Feb and my notice period also ends in Feb, so I won't be working anywhere at the time of filing application which usually takes a few months. I need to spend a few months with my folks.
Can my application get rejected due to unemployment during the verification process?

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
Please advice:
I am hoping to get ITA soon at 435, If I resign from my job and after applying for PR I am not working anywhere, lets say I get ITA in Feb and my notice period also ends in Feb, so I won't be working anywhere at the time of filing application which usually takes a few months. I need to spend a few months with my folks.
Can my application get rejected due to unemployment during the verification process?
Assuming you are not claiming points for a job offer in Canada. Then, no you will be fine. Good Luck!

Samroze

Aug 12, 2017
Please advice:
The minimum requirements for federal skilled workers are:

Skilled work experience
You must have at least one year, in the last ten years before you submit your electronic application for permanent residence, of continuous full-time work experience (or the equivalent in continuous part-time work) in a skilled occupation listed in Skill Type 0, or Skill Level A or B of the 2016 version of Canada’s National Occupational Classification (NOC).

Your experience can be anytime in the past, currently you are working or not doesn't matter.

rashidali90

Dec 8, 2017
The minimum requirements for federal skilled workers are:

Skilled work experience
You must have at least one year, in the last ten years before you submit your electronic application for permanent residence, of continuous full-time work experience (or the equivalent in continuous part-time work) in a skilled occupation listed in Skill Type 0, or Skill Level A or B of the 2016 version of Canada’s National Occupational Classification (NOC).

Your experience can be anytime in the past, currently you are working or not doesn't matter.
Thank you very much for your response, I was just confused because as of now in my PR application, I have mentioned my current job as working and by the time I will submit the AOR I would have left the job. So, I guess I need to re-submit my reference letter or can I just mention at AOR stage that I will be leaving this job.