none
IELTS Request
R 9.0, L 8.5, S 7, W 7.5
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2018
LANDED..........
26-01-2019
ANy prediction for tomorrow's draw?
Depends number of ITA's but I feel it will not be a low scoring draw since CIC has skipped last week's draw. But I am pretty sure that it will start with real low numbers in 2018

maplenow

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
Hello everyone,
Could anyone comment on my employment situation? I am a Ph.D. fellow in Denmark where, like in some other EU countries, Ph.D. fellows are employed by the government, get salary and work at least 37 hours per week. All of this is also stated in the employment contract. I am using my employment as Ph.D. fellow for work experience and am applying with ECA of M.Sc. degree. I will get a PhD degree in June 2018, but do not plan to add this to my EE application (hoping I will get an ITA just with an MSc degree).
Do any of you have/had such situation? How does IRCC assess such cases? Is it in anyway a case of misinterpretation?
Thanks a lot in advance.

Hassan.Fahm

Feb 15, 2015
Oman
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-11-2017
Nomination.....
none
IELTS Request
R 9.0, L 8.5, S 7, W 7.5
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2018
LANDED..........
26-01-2019
Reactions: andieangel

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
Hello, I've searched in the Internet and some people suggest to put NOC number in work reference letter but at the same time others say to not do that. I also think that from immigration officer's perspective it could somehow feel strange, since the employer actually is not "qualified" as an immigration officer to classify his employee's duties under some certain NOC. People who have already completed this stage, did or didn't you mention your NOC in reference letter?
Nope

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
HI Tanaka Boss

Just needed one help. My wife has an Uncle in Canada but based on discussion it seems to be a big hassle to gather all the documents to prove the relationship. Therefore what do you suggest shall I remove it from the EE profile and provide a letter of explanation later.

Thanks
although the question is for Tanaka but I hope you don't mind me answering.

You only can get CRS points for relatives if you or your spouse or common law partner (if they will come with you to Canada) have at least one brother or sister living in Canada who is a citizen or permanent resident.
Note: The brother or sister must be:
  • 18 years old or older
  • related to you or your partner by blood, marriage, common-law partnership or adoption
  • have a parent in common with you or your partner
A brother or sister is related to you by:
  • blood (biological)
  • adoption
  • marriage (step-brother or step-sister)
As you can see "Uncle" does not fit to the above conditions so you will not get any CRS points for this. Now you can remove him from your EE profile but there is problem for that. If you have claimed adaptability points towards the eligibility 67 points then removing your uncle from EE will make you ineligible for Express Entry if your collective points fall below 67 out of 100. So make sure you score 67 on six selection factors first before removing your uncle from your profile. You can check your eligibility points using "come to Canada tool"- https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/come-canada-tool-immigration-express-entry.html
Hope it helps.
This is a great answer.

If removing the uncle keeps you above 67 point go for it. If not you may need to beg for their documents.lol

regards

Hassan.Fahm

Feb 15, 2015
Oman
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-11-2017
Nomination.....
none
IELTS Request
R 9.0, L 8.5, S 7, W 7.5
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2018
LANDED..........
26-01-2019
This is a great answer.

If removing the uncle keeps you above 67 point go for it. If not you may need to beg for their documents.lol

regards
Yes I guess I don't need his documents as I have already got 70 points see above post

Thanks

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi,
We have not signed our LOE , attached the PDF as it is, can it be an issue?
Well, my opinion is that its best to sign, but I don't think it will be an issue if you don't.

regards

Reactions: Mithu3

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Yes I guess I don't need his documents as I have already got 70 points see above post

Thanks
Good, so just remove it from your EE profile. No need to include it in your LOE post-ITA.

shahaed

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Hello All,

I would like some clarifications I have regarding a concerning matter which has been bothering me for several months now.

Back in 2009 during the recession and when i lost my job, I had police cases lodged against me by banks due to payment delinquencies. Since its a criminal offense to bounce a cheque in the Middle East, the bank uses this law to their advantage by obtaining a security cheque from the customers so that they can file a case against the borrower if they are not able to repay. However, those have been cleared ever since and I also have received several PCC's for various purposes stating "there has been no previous convictions until date".

Now, coming to PR application statuary questions, do I answer "yes" to previous charges or convictions? or do i answer "no" since I already have a PCC stating "no previous convictions" and to avoid my application going for an extra spin unnecessarily.

If I do answer "yes", I would definitely have to give an explanation about the charges. I have done some research about cheque bounce laws in Canada and have found that it comes under Fraud since an individual has honored cheques in exchange of services or money and is punishable upto 10 years. On other hand payment delinquencies in Canada come under bankruptcy law and individuals are not criminalized as its done here in the Middle East. My question would be, if I do explain my case, would they still deem it equivalent to a Canadian Criminal Act or would it be disregarded as this is considered as bankruptcy?

Anyone's opinion and suggestion would be much appreciated as I am very confused about this and I am afraid this would jeopardize my Canadian dreams for good.

JonSnowNg

Aug 23, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hi ROH Members ,

Need assistance regarding PCC Nigeria . Is there anyone residing in Nigeria or any link to get PCC from Lagos, Nigeria . I am an Indian Citizen presently residing in Nigeria Lagos . Need PCC as i have lived there in the year 2012 .
Hi, have you sorted this out? Maybe I could help. I got a contact for someone working at the PCC office in Lagos. I called him and it seems the process is fairly easy so i’m just waiting for ITA before processing. If you want the no, I can send it to you. Never met him tho but He sounded reliable

KV_hopeful

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
*but if I take with me 17000$ *... dont worry... anything above 12300 CAD$ should be OK :)

It is mandatory that you have unrestricted access to the funds, yes. It cannot be in a Fixed deposit/House/retirement fund etc... Has to be liquid like you said in Savings account is preferable.
To clarify, is it acceptable to have the funds in fixed deposits at the time of submitting post ITA documents?

I am assuming your answer relates to when actually traveling to Canada. I am just wondering if I neee to break my FDs and transfer to the savings account.

abhishek_89

Champion Member
Feb 9, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
Med's Done....
22-05-2017
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-03-2018
Good day all. Pls I need clarifications on the below: 1. Must someone have the 67/100 to enter the pool? 2. If answer to 1 is No how come we see people with 690 being given ITA during PNP only draws?
1. Only those who are applying under the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) needs to have 67/100 for eligibility.
2. It would be those applying under Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP) who have got a provincial nomination.

abhishek_89

Champion Member
Feb 9, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
Med's Done....
22-05-2017
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-03-2018
CRS 445 any chance in this week's draw?
If CIC issues only 2750 ITA's, then it should be a bit difficult to get an ITA with CRS 445 if the next draw happens on Wednesday (Dec 6th).
In any case, it is only a matter of time before you get an ITA, so shouldn't be bothered much.

epicjean

Oct 17, 2017
Hello everyone,
Could anyone comment on my employment situation? I am a Ph.D. fellow in Denmark where, like in some other EU countries, Ph.D. fellows are employed by the government, get salary and work at least 37 hours per week. All of this is also stated in the employment contract. I am using my employment as Ph.D. fellow for work experience and am applying with ECA of M.Sc. degree. I will get a PhD degree in June 2018, but do not plan to add this to my EE application (hoping I will get an ITA just with an MSc degree).
Do any of you have/had such situation? How does IRCC assess such cases? Is it in anyway a case of misinterpretation?
Thanks a lot in advance.

You can see this thread
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/using-foreign-phd-as-work-experience.279368/#post-4211843

I think you can use this as a foreigner job experience.
You have a official hiring document to prove it was a "job", and also you can prove how many hours you work.
Then it would be considered as a job experience.

For my case, I worked as part-time research assistant and I claimed it.
The only thing I have to prove it is an employer letter from my boss.
However, my profile is under processing and I am still see if they accept it or not.

Reactions: maplenow and Mithu3