+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 79th Draw

bsingha

Star Member
Aug 14, 2017
I guess its pretty much confirmed that there won't be any draw today....lets keep our fingers crossed for next week !

sinou39

Nov 29, 2017
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum. Waiting to see if I get an ITA just like many others here.

I just moved to BC from Seattle. My Express Entry is 447. Looks like there have been a few draws this year with a higher cut-off score than that. So I def have the butterflies in my stomach.

Fingers crossed! And good luck to everyone!

Jadee1318

Nov 9, 2017
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
oh no :( I only have 438 and I really need to get an ITA before the end of the year or I'm completely screwed and have to leave Canada!!!

WHY????!!!!!!

shyam.7944

Mar 9, 2015
Category........
Other
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
Anyone got any idea what the cut-off might be if the draw happens next week?
If there is a draw next week instead of today, no.of candidates in the the pool would be high therefore the cut-off score would be over 440. Just a guess.

Sandeep198511

Apr 21, 2017
Just the thing we don't expect from CIC new quota started but surprise surprise, can anyone share 2016 to till date pool numbers...really need to check something so can predict current year cut off

Jadee1318

Nov 9, 2017
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
oh no whats your situation?
Hi!

My current visa is up on January 12, 2018 and due to a lengthy wait for some of the documentation needed to boost my CRS score (copy of partners degree for ECA) we have only just been able to submit our profile a couple of weeks ago- we only just missed out on the last draw by one point! which is really annoying! I need to be able to at least submit evidence that I have applied for PR to my employer, otherwise I will lose my job. I really need to get an ITA in within the next couple of rounds otherwise it may be too late :( I am also about to renew my rental lease, but with such uncertainty over my status, I'm not sure I will be able to!

Feel sick with worry :(

Jadee1318

Nov 9, 2017
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
u know what even if your visa expires u will still have 90 days to restore your status so u can still submit your profile during those 90 days
Well that's good to hear, but I'm not sure whether my employer will be able to continue to employee me with an expired visa and SIN?

Jadee1318

Nov 9, 2017
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
yup, you can because if u have applied to extend your work permit, you get put on implied status.
Even if your SIN is expired, you can continue to work.
Thanks for your responses! I'm definitely starting to feel better- however, what happens if I don't get the ITA before January 12, 2017? then I have an expired visa and SIN and have no evidence that I have applied for permanent residency yet- won't that mean that they can no longer employee me? That's what I am worried about!

Reactions: lino82