+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 79th Draw

Raz0r

Jul 9, 2017
Hey guys! I'm catching up on posts now, including reading some of the exchanges with @vensak. @vensak while you do make some valid points here and there, and I fully agree with you that we all need to learn as much as possible about Canadian language and culture before immigrating to Canada, I think you also have a lot to learn about Canadian language and culture. Canadians tend to be nice and friendly overall. The culture is progressive. It is more of a culture of helping each other, embracing diversity, and being kind and respectful to others. While there certainly are mean and closed-minded Canadians, they are in the minority.
I also just completed reading the posts about @vensak's behavior. He/she has not yet responded back to the said allegations, so just waiting to find out whats the other end of the story. If he or she is actually someone who is shrewd and inhuman to others, then yes neither the country nor the forum is a place for the said individual to be in. Getting the PR is a great achievement but that does not give the right to anyone to rub it on the face of others or worse. It doesn't make the individual any greater than the one who has not received his/her PR yet, at the end we are all humans and just drops in the grand ocean. Just my personal opinion and my 2 cents on the matter. Good luck.

Reshma Asrani

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
I would like to share my story here. I have learnt so many things from this forum. Everyone here is very helpful. I gave my 1st IELTS in Dec 2015. The results were not in my favor and ended up with a score of 382. I was not aware how IELTS score can help you boost up your score. I tried again in August 2016 and this time the results were great and my score jumped from 382 to 427. I thought this was still less because back then the cut-off scores were really high. I was looking for Provincial nominations now. In March 2017, I lost points for age and my score came down to 421. However, I could see the cut-off scores dipping. I thought of hanging in there and I was rewarded with an ITA in April 2017. I submitted all the documents by June 2016. I got COPR and Passport stamped in November 2017. I am working on getting an internal transfer from my Company so that I can live the dream for which I have been working so hard.
Experience taught me a few things. Never lose hope and keep working on improving your scores some way or the other. No one can predict when a draw will happen. The only thing that will keep you in the race will be your positive attitude and patience. You will make it if you truly believe in yourself and your dreams.
I hope that you all get your ITAs soon. All the best to everyone here.
Is copr and ppr different? What I have heard is, we will get PR card only after landing in Canada. And hence, company can't give transfer until we have PR. Is this true? Because I am from IT background and I thought of the same.

Reactions: santosh3086

srinu126

Sep 13, 2017
I would like to share my story here. I have learnt so many things from this forum. Everyone here is very helpful. I gave my 1st IELTS in Dec 2015. The results were not in my favor and ended up with a score of 382. I was not aware how IELTS score can help you boost up your score. I tried again in August 2016 and this time the results were great and my score jumped from 382 to 427. I thought this was still less because back then the cut-off scores were really high. I was looking for Provincial nominations now. In March 2017, I lost points for age and my score came down to 421. However, I could see the cut-off scores dipping. I thought of hanging in there and I was rewarded with an ITA in April 2017. I submitted all the documents by June 2016. I got COPR and Passport stamped in November 2017. I am working on getting an internal transfer from my Company so that I can live the dream for which I have been working so hard.
Experience taught me a few things. Never lose hope and keep working on improving your scores some way or the other. No one can predict when a draw will happen. The only thing that will keep you in the race will be your positive attitude and patience. You will make it if you truly believe in yourself and your dreams.
Congratulations santosh!!, Nice to see a positive message from the story of yours.
All the very best

drjyoti

Nov 29, 2017
Hi Guys.. I am new to this Forum. have read your previous posts which were very informative. I have also created my express entry profile 3 days ago. My score is 467. I read that 15 Nov, 2017 CRS cut off was 439. When is the next draw expected and What are my chances of getting an ITA? I am doing this entire process without any representative support, so really not sure of things. Your advice will be helpful in taking next steps.

palanioct09

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Outland
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
23-09-2017
AOR Received.
23-11-2017
Hi Guys.. I am new to this Forum. have read your previous posts which were very informative. I have also created my express entry profile 3 days ago. My score is 467. I read that 15 Nov, 2017 CRS cut off was 439. When is the next draw expected and What are my chances of getting an ITA? I am doing this entire process without any representative support, so really not sure of things. Your advice will be helpful in taking next steps.
467 is a very good score, you will get an ITA in the very next draw which will happen 2 weeks from now or may be on the coming Saturday. Try to look for any PR applicant who can help you in the process. All the best!

Ashwell

Star Member
Nov 8, 2017
I wish CIC would read this forum and see that the people who fight so hard and do so much research to get in are the ones who are missing the draws week after week. While those sitting in the high 400's seem to be ignorant towards the system and just breeze their way to PR.
I am generalising I know....
If only there was some acknowledgement of our persistence, like maybe 100 CRS points?:D:D:D

Last edited:

drjyoti

Nov 29, 2017
467 is a very good score, you will get an ITA in the very next draw which will happen 2 weeks from now or may be on the coming Saturday. Try to look for any PR applicant who can help you in the process. All the best!
Thanks. Fingers crossed, don't know what will happen. Is there any date also before which the profile need to be submitted to be eligible for the draw? I mean my submission would be most recent one, isn't it? Also, should I start preparing for any paperwork, like experience letters, recommendation letters, applying for police clearance etc.?

Mathews86

Nov 19, 2017
Congratulations santosh!!, Nice to see a positive message from the story of yours.
All the very best[/QUOTE

CONGRATULATIONS SANTOSH!!!

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
I have come up with the prediction for the 79th draw.

If it happens today (Nov 29) with:
2750 ITAs - CRS 438

The variance in the above calculation is +/- 2 CRS.

Please find below the CRS cut off in case the number of ITAs issued is more/less than the predicted ITA count:

Man ur the Aristotle and Socrates of this forum.Every Wednesday majority of the people here wish that ur prediction goes wrong but don't dare to say so looking at the accuracy.

Carry on the good job!

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
Hi friend. Let me tell you how it was. The hardest part after the PR was finding a good apartment. It was time consuming but worth it. I recommend you do that as soon you get your PR, don't wait to come here and look for it or you might end up somewhere you don't want to be in just because you are in a hurry to find something. We looked for about a month. Then the problem was how to pay the first month's rent because they would receive only money orders or cash so we actually found someone online who was from Ottawa and just asked him if he would do this for us. I deposited the money on his account and the guy we never saw in our lives went to the administrative office in our building and payed the rent for us. Then I went to a couple of prearrival seminars, they are called SOPA (JobSearchStrategies) and CIIP. Very useful. They help you with targeting your CV for specific jobs. As I was learning how to write my resume, I applied for a couple of jobs while I was back home. I got ONE call for an interview for a PhD Student position at Ottawa Hospital Research Institute. As soon as we landed, I came to an interview and Boom! Got the job in less than 10 days after we landed! Another thing I must say I don't have so much lab experience, but it didn't matter because my grades were high. So I will be doing my PhD here, work in the lab and hopefully get a few scholarships. My husband got invited to an interview too after about 10 applications. I hope that gives you a sense of life in Canada. And Ottawa isn't even such a big city so Toronto and other mega cities should be even better. All the best!
Dreams do come true!!! isnt it?

I remember you posting beautiful pictures of Ottawa a year back.

I Wish good luck and good life to u and ur husband

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
Hmm read about 50 pages and mind u i felt content!

I started writing in ROH threads a year back like every newbie who is scared of what response he might get for his first post and thoughtful of what to write and write it correctly and trying to be bold to show that you are right and what not.
Over a period of time u get to know what to write and what to avoid and how to respond and what posts to ignore and more importantly how to keep your cool.
Well to be honest most of the posts here including mine look silly and childish and make u feel awful and sometimes make u crazy thinking what the heck!
But then u know, if u keep ur cool and if u walk with a stranger few steps ul get to know him and a few more steps he knows you. That's it that's the beginning of a long journey towards you goal and dream destination. You never know who will be helpful and who will lead you to where you want to be.
We have seen people with varied backgrounds, creeds and cultures coming together here and helping each other for a common goal.
This isn't a place to vent your frustration and show off no matter what u r.
There are people here in this forum who go that extra mile to find an answer for a question he doesn't know. They google it, search the entire forum and try to help u out no matter what and mind u they wont ignore ur question and at the least they will say "sorry mate im not aware".
You don't need to have knowledge and conviction all the time to help u just need to be human.

Good luck with your journey ahead