+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 79th Draw

shersingh

Oct 5, 2017
I am also thinking about Australia and canada , though my reason is that I don't have enough score for any place as of now.
You will, for sure, get an invite this week for Canada. For Australia, have you checked if 65/ 70 are enough for Australia. They have different score cutoff for each skill code and 65 might take a while - and if you are in IT, you would need to shell out another 500 for ACS

RayGeo

Star Member
Sep 11, 2017
Hi All,

Has anyone uploaded reference letter for spouse experience? Is it ok to state the spouse experience in EE profile?.
Please help

pessacanada

Champion Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
I went through the online portal and it says that biometrics are must and should be mailed through courier to their post box. Now the problem I have is that I am based in Qatar and if I get the biometrics then I cant get them attested here. So frustrating.
hi there, do you have you old ID number? Apparently, you can choose inside Dubai and provide your number, pay the fee, that's it, as they have everyone's fingerprints they didn't ask me, just did my new request online :) Got the confirmation letter, really official paper indeed ;)

deofevente

Oct 15, 2017
I went through the online portal and it says that biometrics are must and should be mailed through courier to their post box. Now the problem I have is that I am based in Qatar and if I get the biometrics then I cant get them attested here. So frustrating.
I am suffering the same Hisham!

In Saudi Currently. Through agent got my Qatar PCC but the date of entry is incorrect though I entered on Work Visa only and not visit or business visa. Now I can't get it corrected. Stuck!

Reactions: hishamx87

Quorn

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Category........
FSW
It is very simple if you have a friend in UAE who can apply as your representative. It cost 300 Dirhams.
I have the same issue. I worked in UAE between years 2005 - 2010, and then in year 2012 I entered UAE for business purposes for another couple of days.

I want to get my PCC sorted as soon as I can. I have a friend who still works in UAE and he has accepted to help me with the application.

If anyone has previously obtained PCC from UAE, would you kindly advise about the following:

- Is there a specific format and wording of the authorization letter ? If so, would you be so kind to share a template ?
- What will be the required documents ? Is it okay if I send them over e-mail to my friend and he can take print outs ?
- Does the PCC issued by UAE cover a specific period of time or does it cover the criminal record until the date of its issue ?
- Is there a validity on the PCCs issued by UAE ?
- When the friend applies on behalf of the applicant, how long does it take to obtain the PCC ?

Many thanks in advance,

Quorn

Reactions: hishamx87

tempmaha

Star Member
Sep 11, 2017
I have the same issue. I worked in UAE between years 2005 - 2010, and then in year 2012 I entered UAE for business purposes for another couple of days.

I want to get my PCC sorted as soon as I can. I have a friend who still works in UAE and he has accepted to help me with the application.

If anyone has previously obtained PCC from UAE, would you kindly advise about the following:

- Is there a specific format and wording of the authorization letter ? If so, would you be so kind to share a template ?
- What will be the required documents ? Is it okay if I send them over e-mail to my friend and he can take print outs ?
- Does the PCC issued by UAE cover a specific period of time or does it cover the criminal record until the date of its issue ?
- Is there a validity on the PCCs issued by UAE ?
- When the friend applies on behalf of the applicant, how long does it take to obtain the PCC ?

Many thanks in advance,

Quorn
send a test mail to tempmaha@gmail.com, I'll forward you the details and docs.

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
Congratulations on your position and your journey does radiate positivity. I am a ph.d in physics with a tad less than 3yr teaching exp. plz do keep me also in mind if you come across relevant faculty positions :) after reading your exp, I feel it's not that difficult (as people say) to find a job in Canada before being there physically.
All the best for your journey
Sure, will keep you posted if I see something!! Yeah it's really not that challenging if you target the ones for which you have most of the requirements! You could find a postdoc position here easily.

Last edited:

Itty

Nov 15, 2017
Sure, will keep you posted if I see something!! Yeah it's really not that challenging if you target the ones for which you have most of the requirements! You could find a postdoc position here easily.
Really? Are post docs much easier to find? And how to go about it!! I mean you find the universities or institutes and see people working in your field and just contact them. Is it this or something more?

fahad911

Feb 11, 2012
1. Nobody knows but could be upper 430s.

2. Minimum requirements
Skilled work experience
Your work experience must be:
  • in the same type of job as your primary NOC
  • within the last 10 years
  • paid work (volunteer work, unpaid internships don’t count)
  • at skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2016 National Occupational Classification (NOC)
  • at least 1 year (1,560 hours total / 30 hours per week), continuous:
    • full-time at 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
    • equal amount in part-time: 15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
    • full-time at more than 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than 1 job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
You must show that you did the duties set out in the occupational description in the NOC. This includes most of the main duties listed.

If you can’t show that your work experience meets the description in the NOC, you aren’t eligible under this program.

In your case you do not have continuous 1year experence for your primary NOC. So you do not seem to be eligible now, however if you had 1 year continuous expereince previously in NOC 0, A or B category then you can join EE. Otherwise you should wait till you get 1 complete year of experience at your current job without extended break.
Good Luck!
Hello,
Thank you for your detailed response. I just called CIC and confirmed the information you have provided. They said it should not be continous. i asked her in detail she said before when there was FSW only then it has to be continuous. Since your experience is in canada so you do not need to have it continuously. i said i got laid off and i was searching for job so she said for your peace of mind just write an explanation letter to VO that you were searching for a job. but she said in one year you should be full time employed and should be 1,560 hours with some exceptions apply. you cannot claim that you have 1,560 hours and you worked for 7 or 8 months.
for me she said you can claim 1 year points in EE.
now i dont know whether this rules specifically applies to FSW. no idea.... just wanted to clearify
Thanks

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
Really? Are post docs much easier to find? And how to go about it!! I mean you find the universities or institutes and see people working in your field and just contact them. Is it this or something more?
Pretty much, you are on the right track! Many job ads are offering post doc positions or research positions that require a PhD. Then again as you said, you can also just go to a University web, almost every lab/institute is hiring on some level!