+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 79th Draw

VarSri

Nov 17, 2017
As I don't know your job titles and duties in the last 4 years, I can't really say anything. But if you want to look for a sales manager job immediately when landing here, it will be difficult. Even tho your exp targets US & Canada markets, it still doesn't mean that you have Canadian work exp. I would suggest that you start with lower title for minimum wage first like Sales Associate. Also, if you have a much higher education degree, don't include it in your resume for Sales Associate as it will instanly be rejected for over qualification. Once you are in the company, you can start showing your skills and qualifications to your manager to be considered a promotion. I think your 4 years in sales would definitely benefit you here.
Good luck!
Thanks alot for your help @tiffphany23

indcan86

Oct 6, 2017
Does any of the experts in the forum believe that CIC will make changes to the point system in the near future like they did in JUNE 2017 by giving more points to applicants with siblings in Canada? If so, in what areas might they award more points in order to keep the score floating above 400.

This might be a strange query, but it has been pondering in me for quite some time, hence I post it here!

Reactions: desocavesc

Pikecann

Star Member
Feb 12, 2017
Hi wonderful people,

Just wanted to inform you about myself gonna miss u for a while.

Decided to take a break from EE for a while like about 1 or 2 months and come back with full of positivity. As i am expecting my ITA in jan or feb as i am at 429.

Will surely miss u all, now just want to concentrate on my work.

Special thanks to.
Abhishek
Andieangel
Karnesh
Pikecann
Pessacanada
Tanaka San
Samroze
Xilxiban
Gavinsouthafrica
Trumprefugee
Sunder
And all newbies...

Stay happy stay positive.

(i might come back every Wednesday) - Not sure about this. :confused:
You are one kind soul , hopefully be back sooner than later...
All the best to you dear.

Reactions: andieangel

Hassan.Fahm

Feb 15, 2015
Oman
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-11-2017
Nomination.....
none
IELTS Request
R 9.0, L 8.5, S 7, W 7.5
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2018
LANDED..........
26-01-2019
I am sorry for being rude but I don't like those who say I have 467 score what are my chances.
I don't believe that they never checked the rounds of invitation CRS scores
I am sorry but I feel it's more of a show off then anything else

alfred0

Feb 10, 2015
Toronto
Hi, I have recently submitted my EE application on the 22nd of November 2017, my CRS is 446, what are my chances of receiving an ITA in the following draws?

I am 24 years old
IELTS- L-9,R-7,S-7.5,W-8
ECA- 3 year Bachelor's and 4 year Bachelor's degree.
No chance, try get your IELTS max out pls :)

Reactions: Hassan.Fahm

alfred0

Feb 10, 2015
Toronto
I am sorry for being rude but I don't like those who say I have 467 score what are my chances.
I know right? At least try to do some research and understand they are already the top tiers candidates in the pool right now

Option Paralysis

Star Member
Apr 3, 2016
You reminded me of this quote:

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. — Robert J. Hanlon

I know people on here get riled up by those kinds of posts, but is it really that hard to believe they're being genuine? Most of us here are pretty clued up about the process and have been for a long time, but that doesn't mean everyone else is too. There are a lot of highly qualified people out there who've only just started looking into the immigration process, so it doesn't surprise me all that much when some of them ask really basic questions here. Just take it easy, welcome them, and they'll learn soon enough. If they really are trolls, we'll figure it out quickly and they won't last too long.

andieangel

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2017
Croatia
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi wonderful people,

Just wanted to inform you about myself gonna miss u for a while.

Decided to take a break from EE for a while like about 1 or 2 months and come back with full of positivity. As i am expecting my ITA in jan or feb as i am at 429.

Will surely miss u all, now just want to concentrate on my work.

Special thanks to.
Abhishek
Andieangel
Karnesh
Pikecann
Pessacanada
Tanaka San
Samroze
Xilxiban
Gavinsouthafrica
Trumprefugee
Sunder
And all newbies...

Stay happy stay positive.

(i might come back every Wednesday) - Not sure about this. :confused:
Concentrate on your work and come back whenever you can! Good luck buddy! You’ll get ITA sonner than you think! ;)

Reactions: Pikecann

andieangel

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2017
Croatia
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
I understand what are you saying and I agree with you, but I started to ignore that kind of posts, they don’t deserve my time since it’s really hard for me to believe that anyone remotely interested in immigrating to Canada and doing some research would definitely give them the answer they are looking for.

Sandeep198511

Apr 21, 2017
Hi friend. Let me tell you how it was. The hardest part after the PR was finding a good apartment. It was time consuming but worth it. I recommend you do that as soon you get your PR, don't wait to come here and look for it or you might end up somewhere you don't want to be in just because you are in a hurry to find something. We looked for about a month. Then the problem was how to pay the first month's rent because they would receive only money orders or cash so we actually found someone online who was from Ottawa and just asked him if he would do this for us. I deposited the money on his account and the guy we never saw in our lives went to the administrative office in our building and payed the rent for us. Then I went to a couple of prearrival seminars, they are called SOPA (JobSearchStrategies) and CIIP. Very useful. They help you with targeting your CV for specific jobs. As I was learning how to write my resume, I applied for a couple of jobs while I was back home. I got ONE call for an interview for a PhD Student position at Ottawa Hospital Research Institute. As soon as we landed, I came to an interview and Boom! Got the job in less than 10 days after we landed! Another thing I must say I don't have so much lab experience, but it didn't matter because my grades were high. So I will be doing my PhD here, work in the lab and hopefully get a few scholarships. My husband got invited to an interview too after about 10 applications. I hope that gives you a sense of life in Canada. And Ottawa isn't even such a big city so Toronto and other mega cities should be even better. All the best!
Did you open bank account once you landed? It would help in paying rent... Just a thought... Best of luck and see you in Canada in sometime:D

andieangel

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2017
Croatia
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
You reminded me of this quote:

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. — Robert J. Hanlon

I know people on here get riled up by those kinds of posts, but is it really that hard to believe they're being genuine? Most of us here are pretty clued up about the process and have been for a long time, but that doesn't mean everyone else is too. There are a lot of highly qualified people out there who've only just started looking into the immigration process, so it doesn't surprise me all that much when some of them ask really basic questions here. Just take it easy, welcome them, and they'll learn soon enough. If they really are trolls, we'll figure it out quickly and they won't last too long.
Let’s agree to disagree. Anyone who wants to go to Canada will start immigration process which starts at CIC page, if you’re there, reading rules, anyone with IQ bigger than 70 could make the conclusion where they stand with their CRS. It’s like asking when is my plane taking off and all I have to do is raise my head to look at the board. I can’t understand this behavior.

andieangel

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2017
Croatia
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Does any of the experts in the forum believe that CIC will make changes to the point system in the near future like they did in JUNE 2017 by giving more points to applicants with siblings in Canada? If so, in what areas might they award more points in order to keep the score floating above 400.

This might be a strange query, but it has been pondering in me for quite some time, hence I post it here!
Anything is possible, they are changing rules every year. I believe they are thinking always how to improve things and since this system is relatively new they need to make adjustments frequently.

I strongly believe that they will give soon a chance to everyone above 400, since people are waiting in those lines for a long time!

tempmaha

Star Member
Sep 11, 2017