+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 74th Draw

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
Is it confirmed news that the 2018 quota will start from April 2018 n not november 2017???
Waiting @428....This seems an infinite loop....
First of all you need to understand that quota is not how much ITAs CIC will issue it is about how much people will land as a immigrant in 2018. And obviously 2018 starts from jan 1 2018.

So from 1st jan 2018 to 31st dec 2018 number of people to land in canada as an immigrant is what the targets depend upon.

And as you know that CIC standard processing time is 6 months so whomsoever is getting ITA by now will land in 2018 so we are already getting ITAs of 2018.

And as a rule of law they have to announce 2018 immigration quota by 1st november 2017 so they will announce the full quota of total immigrants with full breakdown of how much will come in particular stream.

Quota will not get implented in march april in march april they release departmental plan.

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
Next Year targets will be available in March and next year implementation plans start from April. The targets will be relatively same however more streams will be included and newly added streams will be improved. In addition, more money is planned to be spent on Technology and making processes smoother and faster. More applications will be received through EE but total economic immigrants will not be changed much.

Now coming to the current situation. I have already presented current data much time in this forum which clearly shows that they are well above their targets and therefore the size of ITA's are expected to stay below 3,000.

In regards to rejections, it is the responsibility of Candidates to meet the IRCC requirements. I have also summarised most common reasons for rejections for applicants to read before applying. 99% of applicants who are rejected have made a mistake that is part of this report.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/post-e-apr-process-and-common-reasons-for-rejection.510587/

The main target for IRCC at the moment is to complete backlogs before April when the 2018-19 plan is implemented and process applications faster. As the Nomination Quota is ending soon it may help score getting down between November-January, however, competition is expected to stay between candidates above 420.

I hope this will help.

You are wrong next year targets will be available by 31st oct or 1st nov 2017. And we are already into 2018 target as the people who are getting ITAs now will land in 2018.

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
You are wrong next year targets will be available by 31st oct or 1st nov 2017. And we are already into 2018 target as the people who are getting ITAs now will land in 2018.
These are targets of 2017-18 that will end in March 2018. The targets for 2018-19 will be presented in Parliament in March 2018.

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Do they follow April to March as the fiscal year for the quota?
I confirmed this matter a few weeks back directly from Government of Canada and they confirmed that Targets runs from January to December, however, plans run from April to March each year. Quotas of Provinces are renewed on 1 Jan each year.

So targets set are from April to March while target count is from Jan-Dec. GoC states that these targets are just a guidance and they will keep going even if PR crosses the Upper Limits, so they are estimates not quotas like Provinces.

I hope this will help.

_Harry_

Sep 29, 2016
I confirmed this matter a few weeks back directly from Government of Canada and they confirmed that Targets runs from January to December, however, plans run from April to March each year. Quotas of Provinces are renewed on 1 Jan each year.

So targets set are from April to March while target count is from Jan-Dec. GoC states that these targets are just a guidance and they will keep going even if PR crosses the Upper Limits, so they are estimates not quotas like Provinces.

I hope this will help.
I thought it would be simple to understand but to be honest this confuses me even more.
How do these 2 come in sync?
Targets Set from April to March whereas targets count from Jan to Dec.
It may sound lame thing to ask but can you pls elaborate with some dummy numbers here?

fatani

Nov 15, 2015

I hope this will help.
Whatever fiscal calender they follow but my point is by november 1 we will get to know the new targets of 2018

Reactions: andieangel

nish

Jan 10, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
About to apply.
I'm sorry from where you had this info ? is there a way to have an live view on the numbers in the EE pool??
It was my oversight. i missed to notice that the numbers are dated 28th Sept.

Reactions: hishamx87

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
I thought it would be simple to understand but to be honest this confuses me even more.
How do these 2 come in sync?
Targets Set from April to March whereas targets count from Jan to Dec.
It may sound lame thing to ask but can you pls elaborate with some dummy numbers here?
Targets get announced by 1st november and it is for calender year of jan-dec.

Emnafrancks

Star Member
Sep 11, 2017
Immigration quota for 2018 is expected to be announced early November . Any ITA given now will count towards that quota

Next Year targets will be available in March and next year implementation plans start from April. The targets will be relatively same however more streams will be included and newly added streams will be improved. In addition, more money is planned to be spent on Technology and making processes smoother and faster. More applications will be received through EE but total economic immigrants will not be changed much.

Now coming to the current situation. I have already presented current data much time in this forum which clearly shows that they are well above their targets and therefore the size of ITA's are expected to stay below 3,000.

In regards to rejections, it is the responsibility of Candidates to meet the IRCC requirements. I have also summarised most common reasons for rejections for applicants to read before applying. 99% of applicants who are rejected have made a mistake that is part of this report.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/post-e-apr-process-and-common-reasons-for-rejection.510587/

The main target for IRCC at the moment is to complete backlogs before April when the 2018-19 plan is implemented and process applications faster. As the Nomination Quota is ending soon it may help score getting down between November-January, however, competition is expected to stay between candidates above 420.

I hope this will help.

Last edited:

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Immigration quota for 2018 is expected to be announced early November . Any ITA given now will count towards that quota
Quotas are for Provinces only IRCC doesn't follow quota system. They are just estimates or plans however I agree with you that plans will count from Jan 1 to Dec 31. So if they issue plan in November 2017 or March 2018 these will be counted from Jan to Dec.

The Size of ITA is determined taking account of Targets, PR already issued, No. of Applications, and rate of withdrawal/rejection.