+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 74th Draw

nt13

Sep 1, 2017
I confirmed this matter a few weeks back directly from Government of Canada and they confirmed that Targets runs from January to December, however, plans run from April to March each year. Quotas of Provinces are renewed on 1 Jan each year.

So targets set are from April to March while target count is from Jan-Dec. GoC states that these targets are just a guidance and they will keep going even if PR crosses the Upper Limits, so they are estimates not quotas like Provinces.

I hope this will help.
Bill, your information is dependable. But this one is confusing. Please elaborate. GoC will announce 2018 quotas in _______ ? This should ideally be On or before Nov.17, unless you differ. People are mixing quota announcement with landings and targets. For people like us on far away shores waiting for the ship (CRS 400-410) , we simply wish to know the quotas for 2018, which will in turn impact streams like Ontario HCP and others, where we stand a slim chance .. rather Ray of Hope. Everything related to landing and targets is only a matter of subsequence and will fall in place. To get in, first we need to know where we stand, and that’s where our lives are hanging in balance!!

Yours is the most dependable help around. And I request you to throw more light on this.

Thanks !

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
Quotas are for Provinces only IRCC doesn't follow quota system. They are just estimates or plans however I agree with you that plans will count from Jan 1 to Dec 31. So if they issue plan in November 2017 or March 2018 these will be counted from Jan to Dec.

The Size of ITA is determined taking account of Targets, PR already issued, No. of Applications, and rate of withdrawal/rejection.
You are mixing the words Quotas and targets here and bringing in provinces. People here use both words quotas and targets and these both words are refered as target of immigration set by CIC.

Dont confuse people here I know CIC announce targets and they are not constant CIC follow a window as last yr they announced 300K landings in 2017 but the range was from 280K to 320K with 300K set as target it does not matter if they get more then 300K but till 320K.

And targets are for landing lots of people who got ITA in 2016 stuck in security may land in 2018 that will also counts towards CIC target of 2018.

journey21

Dec 25, 2014
I'm actually surprised that the CRS keeps going up and up, even as we approach the end of the year.
Is it just me, or is it that the cut-off score is going to remain fairly high in the forseeable future?

andieangel

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2017
Croatia
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
I thought it would be simple to understand but to be honest this confuses me even more.
How do these 2 come in sync?
Targets Set from April to March whereas targets count from Jan to Dec.
It may sound lame thing to ask but can you pls elaborate with some dummy numbers here?
Congrats on your PPR! :) Good luck with landing and settling! :)

Reactions: gurpreet.ts

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Bill, your information is dependable. But this one is confusing. Please elaborate. GoC will announce 2018 quotas in _______ ? This should ideally be On or before Nov.17, unless you differ. People are mixing quota announcement with landings and targets. For people like us on far away shores waiting for the ship (CRS 400-410) , we simply wish to know the quotas for 2018, which will in turn impact streams like Ontario HCP and others, where we stand a slim chance .. rather Ray of Hope. Everything related to landing and targets is only a matter of subsequence and will fall in place. To get in, first we need to know where we stand, and that’s where our lives are hanging in balance!!

Yours is the most dependable help around. And I request you to throw more light on this.

Thanks !
IRCC usually releases plan in mid Oct to mid Nov. So for 2018 plans it will be released in next few weeks however they are not counted until the start of Jan 1.

Now the confusion is when people say plans will come out in November it doesn't mean it will be applicable immediately. It has been confirmed officially that these will be implemented between Jan 1 to Dec 31.

Now coming to those of PNP stream their quotas renews on Jan 1 and it is their choice how they want to use it and when to issue nominations during the year.

These are called Targets or Plans of IRCC or as some may refer as Quotas.

However, the actual report that include future strategies are presented in March and this is what helps you understand the real picture.

I hope this will clear your doubts.

_Harry_

Sep 29, 2016
Targets get announced by 1st november and it is for calender year of jan-dec.
Ohhh :eek:
But it was mentioned that target was set from April to March.
What does it mean?

It was not mentioned that target is set on 1 Nov for Jan to Dec..it was mentioned that target was set from April to March for Jan to Dec :oops::confused:

gotodxb

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
30-08-2017
Passport Req..
29-09-2017
LANDED..........
25-10-2017
I'm actually surprised that the CRS keeps going up and up, even as we approach the end of the year.
Is it just me, or is it that the cut-off score is going to remain fairly high in the forseeable future?
CRS going up because the number of ITA's issued are less than the people joining the pool within two weeks ( 430+), if the number of ITA goes up to 3500+ as we see earlier this year, points drop substantially..

gotodxb

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
30-08-2017
Passport Req..
29-09-2017
LANDED..........
25-10-2017
hey guys,

can someone please explain what am i missing on the number for 4th Oct draw.

Total ITA 2801, Cuttoff CRS 438

but when i do the total of no. of candidates from 431 onwards, its 2521.

601-1200 - 169
451-600 - 906
441-450 - 328
431-440 - 1118
TOTAL 2521

so how come cutoff score 438, it should be around 428/429.
there are new profiles joined between the profile extraction date and ITA date.. even though i agree there is still around 500-800 profiles just show up.. cant able to calculate how ?

d_vandana

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
I'm in the same boat, standing on the pause button with career plans suspended for too long. However, you have a good score and are close. Once the 2018 quotas are announced, the CRS should drop and you should get direct ITA , almost certainly by the end of this year. Unfortunately my score is much lower and will drop under 400 in February if I don't get OINP by then.
I'm hoping for something good to happen. I was into immigration process for Australia. Despite having two positive skill assessments and an eight each band score, I could not succeed. Unfortunately my occupation got dropped from SOL at the last moment. I missed the paper submission to NT just by 5 days. It was a shock ...a big one. I also am eligible for accountant but the score for that remains very high. So at last i just dropped Australia from my list forever.
Even now I'm not very sure for Canada. Not moving ahead with a career change. Just waiting for an invitation to come my way.. but still I tell myself self that God's plan is always the best plan..All the best to you also...have a great f

d_vandana

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
I'm hoping for something good to happen. I was into immigration process for Australia. Despite having two positive skill assessments and an eight each band score, I could not succeed. Unfortunately my occupation got dropped from SOL at the last moment. I missed the paper submission to NT just by 5 days. It was a shock ...a big one. I also am eligible for accountant but the score for that remains very high. So at last i just dropped Australia from my list forever.
Even now I'm not very sure for Canada. Not moving ahead with a career change. Just waiting for an invitation to come my way.. but still I tell myself self that God's plan is always the best plan..All the best to you also...have a great f
Have a great future ahead..sorry for the typo error

Reactions: FaithandFavor

HopingHope

Aug 22, 2017
Very high chance! Just wait patiently.
Hi,
My husband and I have been following Ray of Hope for some time now. We observed that your predictions are pretty much accurate and so we eagerly wait for your predictions each time before the draw time :). I must say this thread is what keeps our hope alive.

I have one question though do you think the cut off score will drop below 426 this year. We started the process in 2015, got through the Quebec Skilled worker program in August 2016 but no news from there side till date. All the payments made but no news to start the submission of documents. Our lawyer said God only knows when they will even start the process. She also said that federal is the only way out for us.

Our CRS is 426 and will remain so till May 2018. Do let me know if CRS cut off score will fall below 426 this year as per your analysis.

Last edited:

kdeepak003

Star Member
Sep 28, 2016
At least reopen the ONIP, Please? My NOI is about to expire by December and I'm at CRS 410.

If I don't get ITA before February I will need to leave my Job and Canada. Someone send me hopes please!

PS:- I am currently on a work permit