+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 73rd Draw

_Harry_

Sep 29, 2016
Thank you !!!

However, do they auto pick people above 400 from the pool or a letter of interest needs to be submitted for OINP.
Sorry my questions might be silly as I am very new to this entire process and would really appreciate some help. :)
OINP picks up candidate from the EE pool. You don't need to do anything apart from creating your EE profile and select OINP and BC invitation checkbox while creating it.
OINP however has a tendency to pick profiles that are fresh.
So it is suggested by all to keep an eagle eye on the OINP notification page as in when they will begin the fresh pick up of the profile.
Create a fresh EE profile 1 day before that. This will increase your chance of being picked up in OINP.

Mind you, OINP is a very lengthy process and take from 1 year to 2 year for the entire processing of the application. If you can manage the federal ITA, there is nothing better than that.
What I am trying to say is, go for OINP only if you think you don't have much chance in near future for the federal ITA.

andieangel

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2017
Croatia
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
OINP picks up candidate from the EE pool. You don't need to do anything apart from creating your EE profile and select OINP and BC invitation checkbox while creating it.
OINP however has a tendency to pick profiles that are fresh.
So it is suggested by all to keep an eagle eye on the OINP notification page as in when they will begin the fresh pick up of the profile.
Create a fresh EE profile 1 day before that. This will increase your chance of being picked up in OINP.

Mind you, OINP is a very lengthy process and take from 1 year to 2 year for the entire processing of the application. If you can manage the federal ITA, there is nothing better than that.
What I am trying to say is, go for OINP only if you think you don't have much chance in near future for the federal ITA.
I have friends who received their nominations after 30 - 60 days, it’s not taking a year, that’s simply’s not true.

_Harry_

Sep 29, 2016
I have friends who received their nominations after 30 - 60 days, it’s not taking a year, that’s simply’s not true.
What I meant was that first you have to provide documents for OINP and then once you get nomination, you have to start the federal ITA process.
Its double time. 60 days nominations are rare one for OINP. At least I haven't seen many. Most of folks I know took min 6-8 months for nominations + adding the federal procedure so making it at-least 1 year.
Then again CIC is very unpredictable. I just mention the maximum time usually taken in the OINP applications. It could vary depending upon the applicant's profile and NOC he/she applying under.

Grewal222

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
Is it essential to show if one has outstanding loan from a bank?Because I have loan going on from one bank and proof of funds which, I will show will be from another bank.

Lala1234

Aug 24, 2017
NOC Code......
What I meant was that first you have to provide documents for OINP and then once you get nomination, you have to start the federal ITA process.
Its double time. 60 days nominations are rare one for OINP. At least I haven't seen many. Most of folks I know took min 6-8 months for nominations + adding the federal procedure so making it at-least 1 year.
Then again CIC is very unpredictable. I just mention the maximum time usually taken in the OINP applications. It could vary depending upon the applicant's profile and NOC he/she applying under.
yes you are right earlier it used to take longer but as of recent times they have accelerated the process especially under the HCP category and usually to receive ONIP nomination is 2 months+/- and yes you are right again the regular ITA will make it close to 6 months. The other category for masters does take longer as per my knowledge.:)

sainathreddy

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
Hyderabad - India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi All,

I am hoping to get picked in the next draw. Instead of waiting for ITA, I want to undergo my medicals as early as possible as there is a waiting time of around 2 weeks. My query is, do I need to book appointments for only myself or my entire family? They (wife + daughter) will be accompanying me.

Please let me know.

Reactions: Saidkhan

Ascent

May 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi lovey people of ROH,

Posting after long time, hope every one of my friends are happy, healthy and full of hope as ever. I am writing this after an other failed IELTS attempt:(

@andieangel I read about your Employer's misconduct,and I solute you for your bravery.:) You r truly an inspiration.

@tjsecondtry How is your preparation going on? When you r landing in our lovely Canada.

@mqamar1994 Any progress about your application.

@KingKurly Whats up at your end?

@pessacanada how is your little pie?

@trumprefugee Whenever i read your post, I always become hopeful. Keep spreading the hope:)

@All other whom name I have not mention but r part of this lovely family.

Just be hope full people score r bound to go below 400, bcz 2018 quota is going to announce soon and it will be bigger then this year so more ITA and less cut-off :)

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
So do you mean to say that scores will be stuck in the 430s or do you mean to say that they will reduce further?
I have seen lots of people assuming that the scores will stick to 430s-440s. And some of them also believe that scores went down after november 2016 changes and its not going down after june 2017 changes.

I just want to say that the difference is not because of june 2017 changes its just because that firstly after changes they done only 1 draw in june and 1 in july.

That means only 2 draws in full 2 months so score is bound to increase and as soon as they did 2 back to back draws in august the score went down from 440s to 433 and now even with 1000 less ITAs on avg the score is stuck at this range and is also not increasing

So suppose if they had been doing 3500-3700 ITAs draw after every 2 weeks the score would have been in 420-425 range and if they had done back to back draws which are key in putting scores down to a range the score would have been at 405-410.

Because the point to be noted is that even reducing 1000 ITAs per draw the score is stuck and its not increasing so the bigger draws will only lower the scores from here.

And I feel as they did last yr after quota got announced they suddenly increased the number of ITAs from november they will do this year also.

Because the minister has said that the 2017 targets are benchmark for future targets and the target will not get lower it will only increase from here. So that clearly means that even if they dont increase the targets for 2018 they will not decrease it.

And to fill up there quota they have to do 3500-3800 ITAs per draw and few back to back draws again as they did in 2017 because lesser number of ITAs wont fill up there target of 2018.

So I think after announcement of quota the number of ITAs will increase and now the scores are stuck that is a good sign because after increase in ITAs the scores will only decrease like before so it will be good if decrease starts from 435-440 rather than shooting up to 450-460 and decrease from there.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi All,

I am hoping to get picked in the next draw. Instead of waiting for ITA, I want to undergo my medicals as early as possible as there is a waiting time of around 2 weeks. My query is, do I need to book appointments for only myself or my entire family? They (wife + daughter) will be accompanying me.

Please let me know.
Hi,

Your whole family needs to do medicals, both accompanying and non accompanying.

All the best

gurpreet.ts

May 6, 2017
Toronto
I was thinking of abandoning my dream of landing in Canada.

But today I got my upgraded IELTS score :) I am now happy to share that after 4 painful IELTS attempts and a wait of over 2 years, I finally acquired CRS 475.
Superb news and wonderful score. Well done mate, start preparing your documents and all the best for a speedy PPR.