sainathreddy

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
Hyderabad - India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi All
Got the IELTS results today. Thanks to everyone who suggested me to retake IELTS. My new IELTS score is L:8.5, R:7, W:7, S:8
This means that my CRS score would change to 475 from 408.
Thanks everyone and god bless you all!
Same case here...
First attempt : L:9 R:9 W:7 S:6.5 --- CRS : 377
Second Attempt : L9 R:8.5 W:6.5 S:7 --- CRS : 392 (15 points for sibling)
Third Attempt (Sept 09) : L8.5 R:8.5 W:7 S:7 --- CRS : 436 (w/ 15 points for sibling)

We need to get minimum 7 in all; even a '.5' decrease in W or S is dragging down the CRS by around 50 points.

Hopeful to get an ITA in the next draw after 2 weeks, by then I should get my TRF number and update in my profile.

Last edited:

wickerman

Jun 20, 2017
Thanks for the info! How much blood did they draw, like number of tubes, and were the tubes big or small or medium sized? And how long did your appointment take?
My appointment took like a total of 2.5 to 3 hours. Most of the wait was at the X-Ray lab. I had to wait for over an hour and it was like a 15 minute walk from the place where they draw blood and do the other tests.

As for blood, the drew two full tubes. Like those tubes were maybe 4 inches long?

Mahnbab1

Apr 23, 2017
Thanks! :)
and for sure..

Listening was my weakest spot, so for that I attempted countless tests on Youtube. There is a channel with name IELTSREADING, they publish a complete listening test everyday. That really helped. I used to attempt two - three tests on average each day. At first I used to earn score of 32 - 33 on average, but gradually it improved and I was earning 39 - 40 after a week.

Reading wasn't a problem for me at all and I was consistently good in it. In Reading test, I believe everyone struggles with True/False/Not Given questions. You basically need to read between the lines, and read it like, kind of a lawyer. I used to read the title, then the questions and then the passage, by doing this, firstly, I had an idea what I am actually looking for, and once I find matching or contradicting statement, I used to read the question or statement again to verify if the statement in the passage, and the statement asked are the exact match or exact opposite of each other (words can be different, but meaning should be one of the two), if it's a yes then it's either True or False, otherwise, mark it a NG straight away.

For Speaking, honestly I never prepared. I used to score 7 - 7.5 every time without any preparation so I just kept it as it was. I never urged to score more in it as 7 will do the job and I was confident that I can get a 7 which I did every time. However, if you are struggling with Speaking, again, there are many videos available on YouTube. You can have an idea on what kind of vocabulary you should use. Tenses and transitions between the tenses are important more than vocabulary I believe. My vocabulary is average (or below average) I believe, it's just ordinary but tenses worked for me.

Same goes for writing as well, however, in Writing, you need to focus on the length of the passage you write. Organizing your passage is very important. Again, my vocabulary is ordinary but my tenses are kind of strong. My handwriting is seriously shiite and only I can understand what I write on paper :rolleyes:... But, Writing ditches almost everyone (I fell short in it as well last time). I used IETLS material to work on my Writing. It's a website , managed by some people, they post Writing tasks everyday with sample answers of band 8 and 7. I used to attempt these, then I always compared my answers with theirs, and corrected/improved my mistakes. Many people take help from IETLSliz and IETLSsimon as well. I never visited them but I have seen many people benefiting from these blogs as well.

Hope it was helpful. :)
Thank you soooo much for sharing!!!!
Yes for me speaking is not a problem at all as I always secure good band!
So, for listening its iletsreading on youtube and for writing its iletsmaterial !!?
What abt reading?where can I practice that from bcoz I always end up getting 6 in that :(

anveshsai

Jun 23, 2017
So, for listening its iletsreading on youtube and for writing its iletsmaterial !!?
What abt reading?where can I practice that from bcoz I always end up getting 6 in that :(
For reading I would suggest.. Cambridge IELTS books.. attempt all the books from 1 -12

Reactions: lino82 and Mahnbab1

ac_d

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
No, the draws are expected to take place at same frequency of 2weeks. After Oct, its assumed the qouta or planned spots, will be from 2018-2019 plans
Hi PixelDust,

Thanks indeed for the information and immediate replies and relevant pages you referred to me.

What I gather from another forum is as follows.

1. A total of 69420 ITA have been issued in 2017 so far which comprise of FSW, FST, CEC and PNP.

2. The target for FSW, FST, CEC for 2017 is 71700. In addition to this roughly 50% of PNP target of 51000 which is through express entry will be added to it to calculate the total number of ITA,S to be issued by IRCC through Express Entry. This comes out to be 97200.

3. This way about 27000 ITA are still to be issued in the remaining period of this year.

4. Kindly correct me if my understanding of this is wrong and please do share your thought about it.

Reactions: PixelDust

ozodinobi

Aug 6, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-09-2017
Nomination.....
18-10-2017
AOR Received.
28-12-2017
File Transfer...
14-02-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2017
Passport Req..
18-12-2018
Hello, I am new to this thread....currently sitting on 437 awaiting the next draw.

For my test, I used the Road to IELTS test preparation from BC together with materials and tips gotten from the following sites: mini-ielts.com, e2language hosted by Jay on youtube, ieltsadvantage, ieltsliz,...the list is endless though but I found these helpful. Wish you and everyone success on this journey of ours.

Last edited:

Nabs17

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Hi PixelDust,

Thanks indeed for the information and immediate replies and relevant pages you referred to me.

What I gather from another forum is as follows.

1. A total of 69420 ITA have been issued in 2017 so far which comprise of FSW, FST, CEC and PNP.

2. The target for FSW, FST, CEC for 2017 is 71700. In addition to this roughly 50% of PNP target of 51000 which is through express entry will be added to it to calculate the total number of ITA,S to be issued by IRCC through Express Entry. This comes out to be 97200.

3. This way about 27000 ITA are still to be issued in the remaining period of this year.

4. Kindly correct me if my understanding of this is wrong and please do share your thought about it.
These calculations arent that simple. The target of 97,200 that you have mentioned are landed immigrants. This includes all family members under each application (not equal to # of ITAs) that will land in the calendar year.
The number of ITAs issued will have withrawals and rejections, which are 15% and 3% respectively as per the CIC news site. Further you need to multiply the family size for each ITA and then you will also need to account for the timelag between ITA and landing (an ITA usually results in a landing atleast 6 month after its issuance).
Hope these things will help you in calculating a more realistic estimation.
Good luck

Reactions: andieangel

Mahnbab1

Apr 23, 2017
Hello, I am new to this thread....currently sitting on 437 awaiting the next draw.

For my test, I used the Road to IELTS test preparation from BC together with materials and tips gotten from the following sites: mini-ielts.com, e2language hosted by Jay on youtube, ieltsadvantage, ieltsliz,...the list is endless though but I found these helpful. Wish you and everyone success on this journey of ours.
Thank you so much :)