+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 72nd Draw

Pikecann

Star Member
Feb 12, 2017
Thank you for those kind words too. Mothers, in general, are kind, I believe so.
Your English is not bad at all, so don't say you are not. Are you in the EE pool? What is your CRS?
Thank you :)

Yes, i am in the EE pool, i am not the primary applicant my husband is.
CRS was 345, 360 (sister point)
then finally 432 (IELTS CLB 9 and CLB10)
it's been almost a year now...

Reactions: iamxty and Mithu3

seancole

Star Member
Sep 13, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Hi Folks,

Please the Schedule A form, is it (IMM5669) or (IMM5669 E)? They seem to be different. Which is the current one?

Thanks.

HopefulHeart

Jul 28, 2017
@iamxty glad to have you back and happy to see that you don't let such petty things hold you down. You are a great soul, Always remember that there are many people who adore you.

Reactions: iamxty

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
That's what another consultant told... After seeing my Resume... And his charges were $5000.. Haha... I searched for another.. Now I will educate them on how to take my Profile further...
Thank you for the helping mind..
I remember you had earlier tried to help me sort out my NOC... :)
$5000! Oh my, that's such a rip-off!

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Welcome back, @iamxty ! It's great to have you back, and I'm very happy and relieved to hear that you are alive and kicking. I'm so sorry to hear about all you have been going through. The internet facilitates the propagation of evil as well as good by breaking down barriers. Unfortunately it gives the bad apples more ways to do damage, but it also allows many more people to share and benefit from the good. @iamxty you have helped so many of us here, from providing detailed immigration information to much needed moral support to the stressed or discouraged. I look forward to meeting and hopefully forming long term friendships with you and the many other good folks on this forum when we all land in Canada.

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
What about code no. 1212 (Supervisors, finance and insurance office workers)

Coz i can give references for these duties listed in the site,

• Implement efficient working processes and co-ordinate, assign and review the work of clerks engaged in the following duties: administering accounts payable and receivable; processing, verifying and recording financial documents and forms; administering payrolls; processing, verifying and recording insurance claims and forms; and collecting user fees and payments on overdue accounts - this one is hard, coz my area is related to account opening and back office
    • Examine and verify accuracy of work and authorize routine payments, credits and other transactions - this can be provided
    • Establish work schedules and procedures and co-ordinate activities with other work units or departments - this can be provided
    • Resolve work-related problems and prepare and submit progress and other reports - this can be provided
    • Identify training needs and train workers in job duties and company policies - this can be provided
    • Requisition supplies and materials - no idea about this and what it requires
    • Ensure smooth operation of computer systems and equipment and arrange for maintenance and repair work - this can be provided
    • May perform the same duties as workers supervised - some can be provided
Sounds like 1212 could work for you. You might also want to see if 0122 Banking, credit and other investment managers could be a better match. The duties you listed in your other post sound a bit like those of a banking operations manager:
http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=0&val1=0122&ver=11&_ga=2.8878453.1952041957.1496345244-1231948166.1489893488

Lead statement
Banking, credit and other investment managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of financial establishments or operational departments within such establishments, or credit departments in industrial and commercial establishments. They oversee business development and manage overall performance in accordance with established strategic directions and policies. Banking managers are employed by banks, trust companies and credit unions. Credit managers are employed by credit departments in department stores, utility companies, car dealerships, insurance companies or other industrial or commercial organizations. Other investment managers are employed by credit card companies, consumer loan companies, mutual fund investment firms, mortgage investment companies or other financial establishments concerned with extending loans and financing and investments.
Example Titles
  • assistant operations manager – banking, credit and investment
  • bank manager
  • collection centre manager
  • commercial banking manager
  • corporate banking centre manager
  • credit manager
  • credit union manager
  • manager, banking operations
  • manager, corporate services – banking, credit and investment
  • manager, credit card centre
  • manager, personal services – banking, credit and investment
  • mortgage and consumer credit manager
  • operations manager, credit card company
  • regional collection manager
  • trust company manager
View all titles
Main duties
  • Banking managers perform some or all of the following duties:
    • Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the branch operations of a bank, trust company, credit union or similar financial institution or of a department in such an institution responsible for administering personal and commercial loans, buying and selling securities, operating investment funds, administering trusts, settling estates or other related activities
    • Ensure the institution's policies and procedures are followed according to established guidelines and make recommendations for improvement
    • Network to develop business relations, promote the sale of loan, investment and other banking services and attract corporate and individual customers
    • Interview corporate and individual customers and respond to customer enquiries
    • Analyze, review and approve or reject loan and credit applications in accordance with authorized limits
    • Monitor processing of loan applications and credit investigations
    • Oversee preparation of monthly financial and branch progress reports
    • Recruit personnel and identify their training needs.
  • Credit managers perform some or all of the following duties:
    • Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of a credit department in an industrial or commercial organization
    • Administer corporate, commercial and personal loan accounts
    • Advise customers on the commercial and personal financial services corresponding to their needs
    • Evaluate and review loan and credit applications and collateral and make recommendations
    • Approve or reject credit applications, establish credit limits and determine repayment plans or schedules in accordance with authorized limits
    • Ensure collection of overdue or delinquent accounts
    • Ensure credit policies and procedures are followed according to established guidelines and applicable legislation
    • Prepare credit and loan reports
    • Recruit credit personnel and identify their training needs.

Blaze13

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
NOC Code......
Sounds like 1212 could work for you. You might also want to see if 0122 Banking, credit and other investment managers could be a better match. The duties you listed in your other post sound a bit like those of a banking operations manager:
http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=0&val1=0122&ver=11&_ga=2.8878453.1952041957.1496345244-1231948166.1489893488

Lead statement
Banking, credit and other investment managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of financial establishments or operational departments within such establishments, or credit departments in industrial and commercial establishments. They oversee business development and manage overall performance in accordance with established strategic directions and policies. Banking managers are employed by banks, trust companies and credit unions. Credit managers are employed by credit departments in department stores, utility companies, car dealerships, insurance companies or other industrial or commercial organizations. Other investment managers are employed by credit card companies, consumer loan companies, mutual fund investment firms, mortgage investment companies or other financial establishments concerned with extending loans and financing and investments.
Example Titles
  • assistant operations manager – banking, credit and investment
  • bank manager
  • collection centre manager
  • commercial banking manager
  • corporate banking centre manager
  • credit manager
  • credit union manager
  • manager, banking operations
  • manager, corporate services – banking, credit and investment
  • manager, credit card centre
  • manager, personal services – banking, credit and investment
  • mortgage and consumer credit manager
  • operations manager, credit card company
  • regional collection manager
  • trust company manager
View all titles
Main duties
  • Banking managers perform some or all of the following duties:
    • Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the branch operations of a bank, trust company, credit union or similar financial institution or of a department in such an institution responsible for administering personal and commercial loans, buying and selling securities, operating investment funds, administering trusts, settling estates or other related activities
    • Ensure the institution's policies and procedures are followed according to established guidelines and make recommendations for improvement
    • Network to develop business relations, promote the sale of loan, investment and other banking services and attract corporate and individual customers
    • Interview corporate and individual customers and respond to customer enquiries
    • Analyze, review and approve or reject loan and credit applications in accordance with authorized limits
    • Monitor processing of loan applications and credit investigations
    • Oversee preparation of monthly financial and branch progress reports
    • Recruit personnel and identify their training needs.
  • Credit managers perform some or all of the following duties:
    • Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of a credit department in an industrial or commercial organization
    • Administer corporate, commercial and personal loan accounts
    • Advise customers on the commercial and personal financial services corresponding to their needs
    • Evaluate and review loan and credit applications and collateral and make recommendations
    • Approve or reject credit applications, establish credit limits and determine repayment plans or schedules in accordance with authorized limits
    • Ensure collection of overdue or delinquent accounts
    • Ensure credit policies and procedures are followed according to established guidelines and applicable legislation
    • Prepare credit and loan reports
    • Recruit credit personnel and identify their training needs.
Are either in demand anywhere though?!

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
That's bad, though it is expected.
Considering new nominees would fill in the allocations, the vacancy will be down to 500's .

Knowing that there were lot of applicants with the valid NOI, I presume,Ontario will fill the void with less attractive stream.
Applicants waiting for HCP can only apply when they open new quotas. What's your opinion comrade?

Also, I read in the other thread that the new quotas will start from october. Isn't from Januvary?
Ontario seems to be in the process of finishing up the the later applications (mostly mid July to early August submissions that were not as high priority). It seems that ICT workers with >=400 CRS were top priority. I remember last month many ICT workers were getting nominations in 10-30 days (last month I briefly chatted with another >=400 ICT guy who complained that his nomination took about 30 days while so many other ICT guys got theirs in 10-14 days), but these days the people receiving nominations are the <400 ICT workers and various non-ICT workers who are taking around 60 days. (My >=400 ICT comrade, I know you've been feeling as bad as I have been about not making that July 25 deadline ... we could have been among those 10-30 day nominations!)

With only 988 nominations left and still many already submitted applications still in progress, I just hope they will reopen HCP stream at least once later this year. Maybe they will do it in November or early December, when more NOIs will have expired, to avoid getting their servers crashed.

I did see some speculation that new quotas will start from October, but I think the people saying that are confusing OINP with CIC, which does seem to set and draw for next year's quotas in October. Someone receiving ITA in October will definitely not land in 2017, but someone nominated within 30 days of applying for OINP at the beginning of December could still use the nomination in 2017. For 2017, OINP didn't reopen until February 21, but I think part of the delay was due to their upgrading their system to make the entire application electronic.

Hopefully when CIC reveals more details about its 2018 plans, hopefully in October, we will get a better idea.

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Are either in demand anywhere though?!
Not that I can see offhand, but yes, if someone's job could legitimately fall under multiple NOC codes, one consideration when selecting one would be if any is in higher demand than the others. But it's most important to be as accurate as possible, because if CIC decides that you did not select the correct NOC code, they can reject you and you'll have to re-enter the pool with a corrected NOC code and wait for ITA again.

StevieFray

Jan 26, 2015
Nomination.....
17-07-2017
Passport Req..
15-01-2018
That's what another consultant told... After seeing my Resume... And his charges were $5000.. Haha... I searched for another.. Now I will educate them on how to take my Profile further...
Thank you for the helping mind..
I remember you had earlier tried to help me sort out my NOC... :)
Utter crap. Unless you have a really complex situation use them as consultants and NOT representatives. That means, when you come to a roadblock at a specific point in your file, simply request a 30 mins to an hour of their time to get your questions answered. Representation adds too many hands in the mix and slows down the entire process. In 2014, I had a rep, paid nearly 6k USD only to have my application returned back to me. Then that same consultant tried to contact me because he was closing off my file. Well I told him go ahead. I decided to do it myself, and I made more progress in one month by myself than whit that rep. I'm not knocking their profession, but those folks got to be honest if they are really going to take on your file completely...

Tracelyn2015

Star Member
Jul 24, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
12 July 2017
Did anyone receive an ITA and had to decline it because of a glitch in the system which calculates 11 months as one year?