Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
You're right about staying for 5 years before you can apply for ILR. I applied after 5 years of my landing and got it within 2 months.

I'm not sure why they are saying it is impossible to find a job when you're outside of Canada. I already have a permanent full time job offer from a Canadian Employer. My LMIA is under process. :)

It is fairly easy provided your stars are aligned correctly. :p:p

I'd say I was extremely lucky when I was contacted by them asking about my interests to grab an opportunity with them and move to Canada.

I believe small companies would be apprehensive of pursing work permits of non Canadian residents but big brands shouldn't be.
This is an implicit message, "Christy, your stars are not aligned yet!" :D

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
Congrats on the job offer! How did you find this job? Was it through job boards or networking? Do you know how long it takes to get LMIA?

I have found only two Canadian employers who were interested enough to bring me on for a few rounds of interviews, and unfortunately both fell through. And they were interested only because my skillset is somewhat specialized. Other companies lost interest after finding out that I would need visa sponsorship.
Our stars are aligned!:D
After filling in their 5-page application forms, I will receive an email that they are not providing a visa sponsorship :rolleyes:

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
I'd say keep trying and I'm sure you'll find something. I can refer you to my employer provided you want to settle down in Quebec and give up your Express entry dreams for a while or get OINP when it reopens, land in Canada as permanent resident and then you're a free bird to move anywhere :)

PNP doesn't obligate you to work and stay in respective province. However, you should at least get your PR card and Social Insurance number from the province that nominated you.

I'm not even pursuing express entry now solely for this reason alone but I'm still hoping to get an ITA before my LMIA so I can cut through a short window and submit my e-APR quickly.
I remember you! Are you the one who got a Quebec job offer and also received an ITA? o_O

Reactions: iluvtomorrowland

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
Ah, will your new job be in Montreal? Thanks for the offer, but I am still a struggling beginner in French, so I would not qualify for immigration to Quebec. One of my Canadian friends did recommend Montreal highly and said it's not necessary to know French when you are working in IT, but from a quick glance at the Quebec points system, I would lose a ton of points for lack of French proficiency that I couldn't make up for anywhere else. And I still really want to be in Toronto.
When I created my MPQ profile, Google Translate was my best friend! I also have a French-Canadian friend in Montreal who said the same that knowing French is not necessary in some parts of Montreal.

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
Not all. I think some of the most beautiful and remote places are in Canada! Including Yukon and many of the northern provinces. We all should plan at least annual if not more frequent gatherings after our Yukon party, at a different place each time so we all will get to keep exploring Canada.
I have created profile or submitted my EOIs and resumes to almost all provinces and territories in Canada, except for one, and that is Yukon! So when I heard about that Yukon Party, I :rolleyes: and quickly Googled it. For now, I already crossed out Aurora Borealis from my bucket list, but maybe someday, my stars will bring me there :oops::)

Doc_Abby_Zo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
In the absence of formal HR experience letters the best suggested alternative is a reference letter from your supervisor or a senior colleague.

1. Get the letter detailing your role mentioning all the responsibilities handled in such a way that it matches to those listed under ur selected NOC from your cto and get it notarised.Mention everything as required by cic including working hours per week (not less than 30),designation,ur annual cumulative remuneration.
It is opined that a notarised document hold greater credibility in such scenarios. Collect his identity card copy to be scanned along with the letter.
Thank you for a detailed reply. Much appreciated.

Along with the reference letter from ex CTO, I can get his visiting card (present job). However I am not sure if he will be having any supporting doc such as ID card / Visiting card of previous organization as that is no longer operational. How to cater to the same?

lino82

Apr 12, 2017
NOC Code......
Thank you for a detailed reply. Much appreciated.

Along with the reference letter from ex CTO, I can get his visiting card (present job). However I am not sure if he will be having any supporting doc such as ID card / Visiting card of previous organization as that is no longer operational. How to cater to the same?
It is understandable that he may not be having id of old organisation ...anyway the letter is to be accepted on good faith by cic ...his present ID card will validate his existence / contact details etc just in case cic wants to get it checked through any of their mechanism in India..
The letter will obviously state his role at the earlier company and let it also mention about when he moved out..
---
if possible get the letter on legal size (& not A4) so that there is ample space at the bottom to notarise...
---
try writing ur LoE in simplest terms so that confusion do not arise

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
Hi fellow experts,

I came across an article today where it was mentioned that we should avoid using technical terms and abbreviations in the job responsibility section of the employer reference letter as the Visa officer might not be familiar with our specific industry.

So do you think the above assumption is accurate and we shouldn't include such technical words while preparing our reference letter? or it is advisable to include the technical terms in bracket (_) beside the general wordings to be on the safe side?

I am sure the answer will be very helpful, thank you :)

BR

lino82

Apr 12, 2017
NOC Code......
Hi fellow experts,

I came across an article today where it was mentioned that we should avoid using technical terms and abbreviations in the job responsibility section of the employer reference letter as the Visa officer might not be familiar with our specific industry.

So do you think the above assumption is accurate and we shouldn't include such technical words while preparing our reference letter? or it is advisable to include the technical terms in bracket (_) beside the general wordings to be on the safe side?

I am sure the answer will be very helpful, thank you :)

BR
Under each NOC in cic website you'll find example titles / designations and responsibilities under each of those...
let ur reference letter be written such that it contains matching responsibilities to the ones under ur selected noc...anything more will be okay but less or totally different in wording may confuse the officer..
so have a look at the responsibilities listed under noc in cic website and get ur letter drafted accodingly

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
Under each NOC in cic website you'll find example titles / designations and responsibilities under each of those...
let ur reference letter be written such that it contains matching responsibilities to the ones under ur selected noc...anything more will be okay but less or totally different in wording may confuse the officer..
so have a look at the responsibilities listed under noc in cic website and get ur letter drafted accodingly

Thanks for your reply Lino82. I will be following the same. have a nice day :)

xibalban

Star Member
Aug 4, 2017
Sikkim
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Singapore
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2018
LANDED..........
29-05-2018
Still helping others out, as always. A big pat on your back, ;).