+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 71st Draw!

Bee bee

Sep 3, 2017
Hello guys,

I'm still applying for my WES and I can see a part that says include secondary education for analysis. Is that necessary though?

Thank you. Good luck to those waiting for draws today. Hopefully, it drops to 400 today.
Pleaseeeeeee I need an answer.

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
I get your point. The reason for creating two profiles is that I'm on the threshold of getting ITA, with a score of 430, but I'm in a better position to get the reference letter from the current employer in the recommended format. My husband has a high score, but he might have some trouble getting the reference letter in the required format. So, if the score drops below 430, we'll submit with my profile, otherwise try with my husband's.

If the score doesn't fall below 430, it would imply a wait of probably a month for getting ITA with my profile, since my score would drop to 425 next week. A wait of 1 month is not a big deal in itself, but it means that I won't be able to meet my husband for that long, since we have got all the required PCC's and don't want to travel until submitting the application.

And technically, both of us getting ITAs doesn't mean that someone on the threshold would miss out. The cut-off is decided based on how many more hundreds of profiles would be added with every drop in CRS score, and whether that number is within a reasonable deviation from the pre-decided number of ITAs to be sent. It is a very non-linear function, unlikely to be impacted by one additional profile.

Hope that I've not earned the wrath of ROHopers forever...
Surely there is a logical issue here. You are essentially claiming that your spouse is a dependent on you in one application but at the same time his application would show you as a dependent. Both can't be true at the same time but that is exactly what would be the case if both profiles are live in the pool at the same time. Hence the risk of misrepresentation.

Reactions: Mithu3

Karnesh

Mar 15, 2017
Category........
PNP
Pleaseeeeeee I need an answer.
You don't need to send Secondary Education Details IMO.

1. Degree Certificate (Final or Provisional)
For example: Bachelor Degree, Master Degree, Postgraduate Diploma, Doctoral Degree

2. Annual Statement of Marks/Official Transcript

3. Academic Record Request form for University.

shifs

Star Member
Aug 21, 2017
Surely there is a logical issue here. You are essentially claiming that your spouse is a dependent on you in one application but at the same time his application would show you as a dependent. Both can't be true at the same time but that is exactly what would be the case if both profiles are live in the pool at the same time. Hence the risk of misrepresentation.
I doubt it. Because if this is misrepresentation, then any primary applicant whose spouse is also "eligible" to create an EE profile would be misrepresenting as well, since the spouse is then technically not a "dependent".

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
I doubt it. Because if this is misrepresentation, then any primary applicant whose spouse is also "eligible" to create an EE profile would be misrepresenting as well, since the spouse is then technically not a "dependent".
Not at all, because in those cases they are not claiming that by submitting both profiles. You are "submitting" two profiles mutually contradicting each other.

shifs

Star Member
Aug 21, 2017
Not at all, because in those cases they are not claiming that by submitting both profiles. You are "submitting" two profiles mutually contradicting each other.
IMHO, misrepresentation is independent of whether you create another profile by switching the primary applicant. If both are eligible to create a profile, and the information in both the profiles is exactly the same, I don't see any contradiction.

Reactions: lino82

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
IMHO, misrepresentation is independent of whether you create another profile by switching the primary applicant. If both are eligible to create a profile, and the information in both the profiles is exactly the same, I don't see any contradiction.
The information in both profiles is 'not exactly the same' on the dependent's aspect.
Anyhow, it is your call. If you are fine with the risk, go ahead. I wouldn't have.

shifs

Star Member
Aug 21, 2017
The information in both profiles is 'not exactly the same' on the dependent's aspect.
Anyhow, it is your call. If you are fine with the risk, go ahead. I wouldn't have.
You are taking "dependent" to be some sort of objective criterion. If both me and spouse are working, then who is dependent on whom irrespective of who claims what. We don't really submit any documentation to prove the dependence, do we?

Anyways, thanks for the opinion. Perhaps, someone who has a separate profile for the spouse might like to pitch in. I have come across a few on the forum who did.

Last edited: