+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 71st Draw!

Bee bee

Sep 3, 2017
You don't need to send Secondary Education Details IMO.

1. Degree Certificate (Final or Provisional)
For example: Bachelor Degree, Master Degree, Postgraduate Diploma, Doctoral Degree

2. Annual Statement of Marks/Official Transcript

3. Academic Record Request form for University.
Thank you

shifs

Star Member
Aug 21, 2017
You are taking "dependent" to be some sort of objective criterion. If both me and spouse are working, then who is dependent on whom irrespective of who claims what. We don't really submit any documentation to prove the dependence, do we?

Anyways, thanks for the opinion. Perhaps, someone who has a separate profile for the spouse might like to pitch in. I have come across a few on the forum who did.
dug out this fairly recent thread on the issue:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/separate-express-entry-profile-for-spouse.498332/

Reactions: lino82

Siele

Sep 4, 2017
Good day all,

How do you know there's a draw scheduled today? I'm not finding this info anywhere on the net. Any idea what time UTC?

Last edited:
Reactions: lino82

issac1990

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
Sharjah
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-09-2017
This was exactly my thought yesterday. I was back in the office after maternity and 3 days later they served me with the news that I can either be degraded from chief position to senior and work the same job as always for 35% lesser salary or I can get notice period of 2,5 months during which I don't have to come to work and severance pay, but they were hoping that I will sign new position and stay with thwn since I've been working there for 8 years and know all the procedures and the software and I have 2 small kids so I don't have a choice but to accept their miserable offer. I said NO, give me notice period and severance pay and by the way I'm off to Canada I need you to sign reference letter! I laughed last! They weren't happy when I walked trough the door yesterday! Sorry for a long post. So now I'm unemployed for the first time in 11 years!
of all the people here.. i really want you to get the ITA... its so sad to hear someone has lost her job...

lino82

Apr 12, 2017
NOC Code......
You are taking "dependent" to be some sort of objective criterion. If both me and spouse are working, then who is dependent on whom irrespective of who claims what. We don't really submit any documentation to prove the dependence, do we?

Anyways, thanks for the opinion. Perhaps, someone who has a separate profile for the spouse might like to pitch in. I have come across a few on the forum who did.
Under 11.2 (below link) misrepresentation is explained...
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/refuse.asp

It calls for penalty / disqualification only if (even if there is ) the misrepresentation alters the CRS score such that the ITA is secured as a result of the misrepresentation ...if the CRS remains above cut off adjusting for the points gained on the misrepresented fact,the profile gets through,despite actual misrepresentation is proven...
---
In the case being discussed,there is no 'mis representation'...both are qualified to apply in individual capacity (as it is no violation) and adding spouse as dependent is natural only....
I agree to the point on non linearity...however,so many extra such profiles (if there are) will result in impacting the cut off decision...
but,it is of course individuals freedom to have separate profiles and moreover it is also backed by logic....
@000111222

Last edited:
Reactions: Mithu3 and shifs

shifs

Star Member
Aug 21, 2017
Under 11.2 (below link) misrepresentation is explained...
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/refuse.asp

It calls for penalty / disqualification only if (even if there is ) the misrepresentation alters the CRS score such that the ITA is secured as a result of the misrepresentation ...if the CRS remains above cut off adjusting for the points gained on the misrepresented fact,the profile gets through,despite actual misrepresentation is proven...
---
In the case being discussed,there is no 'mis representation'...both are qualified to apply in individual capacity (as it is no violation) and adding spouse as dependent is natural only....
I agree to the point on non linearity...however,so many extra such profiles (if there are) will result in impacting the cut off decision...
but,it is of course individuals freedom to have separate profiles and moreover it is also backed by logic....
Thanks!
I agree that too many such profiles could impact the cut-off, but I don't think there would be too many, since it is not very likely that one having higher score would have an issue with regards to some other document.