Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Hi. This is my first post but I have been a long time silent reader of this forum. It has been recommended by a friend through his friend who is successful and is already on her way to Canada. She has received her ITA and I believe she is an active member here but unfortunately, I learned today she is in the hospital now.

My CRS is 414 and I am hoping to get an ITA soon or at least OINP to reopen.
Welcome, @jaeger.m. I am also older, sitting on 410 CRS, and waiting every day since I missed the July 25 deadline by 1 day for OINP to reopen. I am very sorry to hear that @iamxty is in the hospital again. As others have noted, she is very well liked and respected here. Do keep us posted on her condition as you get any updates from your friend.

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
I will be 409 next month. I hope to receive NOI soon. Is the hard copy of WES report needed in the OINP requirements? Although I already have the downloaded copy, I am still waiting for the physical report.
I think the downloaded copy should be fine. When you apply for OINP, you also need to have WES share your ECA with Ontario, which will cost another $30 or so. See the application guide for full details, including a document checklist beginning at page 47 if you have not already gathered your documents:
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/prodconsum/groups/csc/@oipp/documents/document/oi_en_hcps_010517.pdf

Reactions: lino82

shettyskumar

Star Member
Aug 8, 2017
Bangalore
NOC Code......
Friends good news..

Canada Set to Raise 2018 Immigration Levels

August 31, 2017 – Canada Immigration Minister Ahmed Hussen has hinted that immigration levels will rise in 2018, after two years of record numbers in 2016 and 2017.

Asked what the figure would be for next year after two years of welcoming 300,000 new permanent residents, Hussen said: “I can assure you it won’t drop.”

Hussen was speaking in a wide-ranging interview with the Toronto Life magazine in which he also discussed Donald Trump’s immigration ban, the rhetoric of Conservative Kellie Leitch and his pathway to Canada from his African homeland.

Read More

Why it Could Get Much Easier to Move to Canada in 2017
Canada To Welcome Continued Record Immigration Numbers

The man in charge at Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) only got the job in early 2017, meaning he is preparing his first immigration levels announcement.

His predecessor, John McCallum, expertly played the politics of the previous 2017 levels announcement. With many expecting a sharp increase on 2016, the Liberals instead chose to maintain levels, adjusting the numbers in each category so that more economic class permanent residents were accepted and fewer refugees.

In doing so, McCallum established 300,000 as the new base immigration levels figure under the current federal government, the highest levels seen in near 100 years.

The Liberals know the headline immigration levels is politically sensitive. Defining the right balance and getting there is crucial to ensuring all sides are appeased. This does not seem to be overlooked by Hussen.

“I don’t have exact numbers yet, but I can assure you it won’t drop,” he told Toronto Life. “It’s a matter of finding the right mix,” a tone that has been played by the previous immigration minister.

He was also asked about how Canada guarantees security when welcoming so many newcomers from all over the world.

“We screen for criminality, human rights violations, terrorism, health,” he said. “And the results speak for themselves: we have brought in 40,000 Syrians without compromising security.”

When the 2017 levels were announced, in late October 2016, the unchanged overall figure was reported as underwhelming by the national press.

But, importantly, the numbers saw an increase of more than 12,000 in the economic class, and 4,000 extra family class immigrants compared to 2016. Meanwhile, refugee numbers fell by 15,800 after a year in which Canada eventually welcomed more than 40,000 Syrians.

Before 2016, the last time Canada welcomed so many new immigrants in a calendar year was in the early 1910s. During the 10 years preceding the Liberals, Canada’s annual immigration levels, expressed as a percent of our population, was in the range of .8%. Numerically, Canada admitted about 260,000 immigrants per year during this period.

Stakeholders expect to see 2018 levels in the range of between 310,000 and 320,000 which would amount to a per capita rate of .88%. This puts into perspective the Liberal government’s continued drive to bring in qualified, well screened foreign workers under a policy of managed immigration levels. Ottawa traditionally tables its annual levels for the upcoming year, by early November.

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Thank you. I read that document. I am working on my reference letters for my previous job. For the ties in Ontario, do I need to upload anything?
Depends on your ties to Ontario. If you have relatives in Ontario, you'll have to upload the documents as noted in "6. Relatives in Canada (if applicable)" in the checklist pages 47-48.

From the bottom of page 8 (page 13 of the PDF):
You will be required to list your established ties to Ontario. Ties to Ontario can include but are not limited to, the following:
 Current and/or previous employment in Ontario,
 Job offers or jobs applied/interviewed for in Ontario,
 Education in Ontario,
 Volunteer work in Ontario,
 Lease agreements for a residence in Ontario or property ownership,
 Professional networks and affiliations,
 Family ties,
 Social connections or personal relationships, and/or
 Previous visits to Ontario.

From the checklist:
6. Relatives in Canada (if applicable)
Copies of the following documents if you or your spouse or common-law partner has a parent, grandparent, child, grandchild, sibling, aunt, uncle, niece, or nephew who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident living in Canada aged 18 years or older:
 Birth certificate of your relative,
 Citizenship or permanent resident document of your relative, and
 Evidence of your relative’s residency in Canada (i.e. property documents, employment documents, bank statements, tax documents that contain name, address and contact information, etc.).

I personally only have jobs I have interviewed for in Ontario for which I'll provide the email confirmations of the interview times, and I will mention the names of friends I have in Ontario and dates of previous visits to Ontario in the space provided for the answer. Note that from what others who actually have gone through the OINP application have told me, you have 1000 characters to list your ties in Ontario, where it will say "Please list all of your established ties in Ontario below (maximum 1000 characters)."
You can separately write a letter of intent that you upload in another section.

pk saini

Star Member
Apr 19, 2017
I entered pool on Monday. Expecting draw this week. After submitting my profile i found out i have created a mistake in my name. Can it be corrected? Will it cause problem after i get invitation?

GavinSouthAfrica

Apr 19, 2017
I received a message on my email from cic saying that "Your application has been updated" but i can't find any change in my profile / CRS nor any new messages in my account.

Do I need to worry about anything?

P.S: I created my EE profile yesterday (First time).
No need to worry, it seems to happen to quite a few people... myself included.

What's your CRS score?

Reactions: hishamx87

Vishal-07

Star Member
Jun 9, 2017
Depends on your ties to Ontario. If you have relatives in Ontario, you'll have to upload the documents as noted in "6. Relatives in Canada (if applicable)" in the checklist pages 47-48.

From the bottom of page 8 (page 13 of the PDF):
You will be required to list your established ties to Ontario. Ties to Ontario can include but are not limited to, the following:
 Current and/or previous employment in Ontario,
 Job offers or jobs applied/interviewed for in Ontario,
 Education in Ontario,
 Volunteer work in Ontario,
 Lease agreements for a residence in Ontario or property ownership,
 Professional networks and affiliations,
 Family ties,
 Social connections or personal relationships, and/or
 Previous visits to Ontario.

From the checklist:
6. Relatives in Canada (if applicable)
Copies of the following documents if you or your spouse or common-law partner has a parent, grandparent, child, grandchild, sibling, aunt, uncle, niece, or nephew who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident living in Canada aged 18 years or older:
 Birth certificate of your relative,
 Citizenship or permanent resident document of your relative, and
 Evidence of your relative’s residency in Canada (i.e. property documents, employment documents, bank statements, tax documents that contain name, address and contact information, etc.).

I personally only have jobs I have interviewed for in Ontario for which I'll provide the email confirmations of the interview times, and I will mention the names of friends I have in Ontario and dates of previous visits to Ontario in the space provided for the answer. Note that from what others who actually have gone through the OINP application have told me, you have 1000 characters to list your ties in Ontario, where it will say "Please list all of your established ties in Ontario below (maximum 1000 characters)."
You can separately write a letter of intent that you upload in another section.
Hey just a doubt. You mentioned the documents of proof of residency of a sibling in Canada. Is it necessary to have all the documents or any in that.?.

Bee bee

Sep 3, 2017
Hello everyone,

I am about to start an application with WES. My highest level of education is a master's degree. Is that enough to send to WES for an evaluation?

I would have added my bachelor's degree but my undergraduate school's administrative department is really slow.

If there is anyone with this experience. Kindly let me know. Is it safe to use only master's degree? Has anyone done it and gotten an ITA?

Thank you.

issac1990

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
Sharjah
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-09-2017
The main tip for the reading section (all parts): don't even try to read everything! Learn how to scan passages and how to extract information with paraphrasing. If one tries to read everything they are doomed to failure.
i dont think just scanning ll will help. I used to read the passages in whole and may be twice. This saved me enought time when looking for answers. Fortunately i got a score of 9 in reading. I reccomended the same method for my wife and she scored 8. it did work for us.

GavinSouthAfrica

Apr 19, 2017
Hello everyone,

I am about to start an application with WES. My highest level of education is a master's degree. Is that enough to send to WES for an evaluation?

I would have added my bachelor's degree but my undergraduate school's administrative department is really slow.

If there is anyone with this experience. Kindly let me know. Is it safe to use only master's degree? Has anyone done it and gotten an ITA?

Thank you.
Yes a masters is just fine. You just need to send your highest degree.

Reactions: Bee bee

issac1990

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
Sharjah
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-09-2017
Why is everyone's birthday leading to a decrease in 5 points/
I also have my birthday next month, will my points also be reduced, I will be turning 27 years old this year!
Please reply, thanks in advance!
lol.. even my bday is next month and i ll be 27 by then. We wont lose any points untill 29. :)

GavinSouthAfrica

Apr 19, 2017
The main tip for the reading section (all parts): don't even try to read everything! Learn how to scan passages and how to extract information with paraphrasing. If one tries to read everything they are doomed to failure.
It all depends on your reading speed I think. I easily read the entire thing 3 times in the time allotted.

Since they change the wording quite a bit from the questions to the passage I'm not sure scanning would even work.

Most important thing in my mind is to give yourself as much time as possible for section 2. Section 1 is simple, don't overthink it.

I got one question wrong from Section 1 because I overthought it

issac1990

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
Sharjah
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-09-2017
Hi guys... good luck to all for tomorrows draw...
Just one doubt... my company is reluctant to give reference letter stating my job roles. but i have my UAE visa stating my job as mechanical engineer. Will that be fine? any advise?