+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 71st Draw!

rithesh

Star Member
Jun 12, 2017
It seems my ielts results are withheld for the second time too. Anyone with same experience regarding idp?

Last edited:

god _blessed

Aug 23, 2017
Booked date for spouse ielts on sept 9th:(
God plz help us!!!!!
We are trying to compensate the lost points of my birthday last month.
I really pray that he gets through it :rolleyes:
He is skilled in writing but fails in listening and reading :confused:
Any quick tips guys?
May be if this helps :
For reading .... try to look for similar meaning words from the passage along with the keywords from the question ( mostly answers are wrapped in synonyms)

For listening try to listen TED talks as they are interesting and have lots of vocabulary , accents Etc ...

All the best

Er.manoj

Star Member
May 10, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
IELTS Request
24-06-2016
Booked date for spouse ielts on sept 9th:(
God plz help us!!!!!
We are trying to compensate the lost points of my birthday last month.
I really pray that he gets through it :rolleyes:
He is skilled in writing but fails in listening and reading :confused:
Any quick tips guys?
Just practice Cambridge(1-12) books for listening. For reading practice the same books but passages only from General training section given at the end of the practice test papers.
For reading section, keep a separate 30-35 minutes for the last passage. (i.e 28-40 questions) The last passage is a bit lengthy. Time yourself every time you practice. Just practice hard all the tests. That is the only key to get through the IELTS.

Ankv1978

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
Helo all.
Need advice. If i apply for PR with my spouse as principal applicant but for proof of funds if most of the deposits are in my name can I attach some document stating that she also has full rights over them n attach our marriage certificate?? Will that be enough??

Vikrant15

Jul 26, 2017
Add your spouse's name in your bank account. That way your deposit certificates and bank statements will show both of your names. This would be appropriate.
Helo all.
Need advice. If i apply for PR with my spouse as principal applicant but for proof of funds if most of the deposits are in my name can I attach some document stating that she also has full rights over them n attach our marriage certificate?? Will that be enough??

nt13

Sep 1, 2017
Welcome!! Your IELTS score is really good,the general wisdom is to enter any endeavour with your full might,with all your capacity.May be your spouse can improve scores to get more points or you can learn French.
Plan A - wait for scores to fall,or nomination and job offer
Plan B - improvement actions towards raising points.
Plan C---

I give you my example:
Plan A- I am at 421 and I am waiting for ITA
Plan B - yesterday booked my spouse for IELTS so that I can get 4 more points to reach 425, thats my best level I wish to try with my best possible score. I am also prepared to learn French after Nov if needed.
Hope it gives you ideas.
Good luck and best wishes.
Thanks for your views ... my wife is giving IELTS on 9th Sept. Hope to get better scores, and lets see. However, do you think cracking French (being an Indian / non-French person would be possible. I googled some views on TEF, and found even the French find it difficult to crack. Further, I visited one of the centers of Alliance-de-Francois, and they said it takes third level of their training (A-Level) to crack TEF - that is close to 9 months of learning.

pessacanada

Champion Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
Thanks for your views ... my wife is giving IELTS on 9th Sept. Hope to get better scores, and lets see. However, do you think cracking French (being an Indian / non-French person would be possible. I googled some views on TEF, and found even the French find it difficult to crack. Further, I visited one of the centers of Alliance-de-Francois, and they said it takes third level of their training (A-Level) to crack TEF - that is close to 9 months of learning.
I can tell you one thing, by the time you are discussing TEF difficulty and not believing yourself others already started to learn it. You just lost your precious day! :eek:
I tell everyone here, go for it, you can do it it may take sometime to learn but you're doing it for your future and dream! There is a thread where you can ask some advice. Hope gave you a good advice for the 1st step. :)

PS: Remember this, you can claim 20 or 24 points as a 2nd language ability and 30 bonus points for CLB7 in all 4 sections of TEF (I'm telling this coz I know you all here rocked the IELTS, for bonus part you need just CLB6 In IELTS) ;):rolleyes::cool:

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Got my result of IELTS
LRWS 8,8,6.5,6.5
REACHED 406
What are my chances??
If I were you I would consider re-writing the test. You have done very well in L and R bit if you improve W and S to 7s your score will surely go above 430 which will almost guarantee you an ITA.

All the best

PixelDust

Jul 27, 2017
Singapore
Well - its a Subjective thing and comes down to an individual knack towards learning and motivation level , interest etc

.Some people learn a particular language faster and better than others , and its apparent with variation in scores in IELTS for English( yes, many people learn from scratch or basic level)
Plus with today's technological advancements and video streaming you can augment your learning process .

According to me 9 months is also an encouraging time frame , even you get ITA while waiting which is the plan A, its a language which will help you in Canada.

But again its a brain storming for variety of ideas and you dont need to take all suggestions as it is, only you understand better what works for you

Rise and shine

Apr 9, 2017
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-12-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
Med's Done....
09-01-2018
Passport Req..
05-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2018
I
It seems my ielts results are withheld for the second time too. Anyone with same experience regarding idp?
I had a similar experience with BC, my results were on hold for almost a month. From May 13- June 16th.