+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 71st Draw!

Nabs17

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Hi seniors,
I want your opinion about whether it is enough to show just the minimum work experience needed for maximum points?

I ask because I have 10 yrs experience but with total of 4 companies. My exp with my current company goes back to 6 yrs so if I just show my current company's exp it will already fetch me max crs. It will be easier to just take reference letter from one employer instead of all 4.
Plus one of my previous employers with whom I worked for 1 yr has been bought by another company, so it won't be so easy to get RL from them.

I just want to be sure that it won't be a misrepresentation of faCTS?
Has anyone of us done a similar practice and got through with it fine?

Thx
I asked a similar question a few days back. The answer is as follows:

Under work history you should only mention the work experience for which you can claim points. In your case this will be the 6 year work experience only.
The remainder of your work experience can be mentioned under personal history in the post ITA forms. You do not have to provide documentation for the personal history section. This will speed up your file processing and save you the effort of gathering unneeded documentation.
Best of luck.

Ever+

Jul 14, 2017
I asked a similar question a few days back. The answer is as follows:

Under work history you should only mention the work experience for which you can claim points. In your case this will be the 6 year work experience only.
The remainder of your work experience can be mentioned under personal history in the post ITA forms. You do not have to provide documentation for the personal history section. This will speed up your file processing and save you the effort of gathering unneeded documentation.
Best of luck.
Thankyou @Nabs17

kdeepak003

Star Member
Sep 28, 2016
Am I the only one sitting in Canada with an awesome job under a work permit that expires by Feb?

I keep hoping every single week that CRS score drops down so that my 410 gets a shot. I am sure hope never fails :D

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Am I the only one sitting in Canada with an awesome job under a work permit that expires by Feb?

I keep hoping every single week that CRS score drops down so that my 410 gets a shot. I am sure hope never fails :D
Nice to meet someone in the 410 club. I'm at 410 as well, but I am having trouble finding a job. Have you asked your employer to make you a permanent job offer with LMIA so you can get the extra 50 points? You can also look into getting a bridging work permit
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

Uhuumm

Jun 11, 2017
Hi guys, general question here. I don't have an ITA but just wanted to have all my docs in check.

Q) When providing employment reference letters, do we have to submit the original letters or is a copy of the original allowed to be submitted ?

Thanks a bunch

mooncef

Star Member
Jul 3, 2016
Nice to meet someone in the 410 club. I'm at 410 as well, but I am having trouble finding a job. Have you asked your employer to make you a permanent job offer with LMIA so you can get the extra 50 points? You can also look into getting a bridging work permit
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp
I'm currently working remote with a canadien company as a company myself ! the LMIA is so complicated that it's not worth it for 50 pts in my opinion ! and proving there are no canadien or PR for the job is tough !

i did not even bother asking for LMIA because i know how hard it is so i'm relying on myself

Reactions: trumprefugee

ivancabrer

May 5, 2017
Santo Domingo
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
NOC Code......
Well I have more than one now

1. Any help in increasing IELTS GT writing score, need to increase it from 6.5 to 7

2. Do you see CRS coming down to 426 in Oct?
1. Forum members have shared some great tips and suggestions in the recent past - @KingKurly, @ivancabrer little help here?

2. There's a strong possibility that the CRS score will keep falling though it's hard to say at what rate.

Good luck to you and welcome to the Ray of Hope.
Hello.

I don't know if I'm the most appropriate person to give tips about the IELTS test, given that my speaking was only CLB8. But I'll try to share what worked for me.

For both tasks I followed the instructions proposed by author Simone Braverman, in her ebook Ace The IELTS.

For the Task 2, write a couple essays every day. You can find subjects in the different past test on the internet, or from the books Cambridge IELTS.

For Task 1, it is actually very easy to write a letter of any kind once you know the basic structures, and in the ebook I told you before, the author shares very easy to follow tips.

Of course, to gain vocabulary on any language, there's only one way to do it. Read a lot in that language, don't take it from granted. If you have Netflix, try to watch movies without captions to develop your listening.

Hope it helps you as it helped me.

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Hi guys, general question here. I don't have an ITA but just wanted to have all my docs in check.

Q) When providing employment reference letters, do we have to submit the original letters or is a copy of the original allowed to be submitted ?

Thanks a bunch
All your original documents have to be scanned in colour and uploaded with your application. At no point in the application process will you be asked for your physical documents.

Good luck.

pessacanada

Champion Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW

kzam

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
Hey Buddy. If possible, give IELTS again instead of waiting. No one can predict about next draw date as we can only hope for the best.
Background check can happen after R10 completeness check and it's not necessary that they will contact your employer as its depends on your officer.
Best wishes.
can you tell me, what is R10 actually. I have filed my application already.

ivancabrer

May 5, 2017
Santo Domingo
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
NOC Code......
The problem is CIC could not verify the documents that the EE candidates input. So I think there are amount of unverified candidates around 5-10% each round ~ 300-400 applicants. This issue leading to the false variant of the CRS each round up to 2->5 points. For example the last #70 draw the real CRS could be 430 instead of 434.

To back up this argument please see the decline rates from EE ~ 40%.

Also, personally I think this is a loophole and need to be addressed since it'll creates a fair environment for the EE pool.
I agree with you so much.

They must address this problem.
They could make a rule to not allow a candidate to re-enter the pool inmediately, or something similar.

I didn't agree with this a couple months ago, because I think anybody can make a mistake in their application. But there must be people entering the pool each draw, and then rejecting the ITA because they really don't have their aplication ready. It is hurting the process for all of us who had everything ready before making a profile.

ivancabrer

May 5, 2017
Santo Domingo
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
NOC Code......
Reactions: andieangel

mooncef

Star Member
Jul 3, 2016