Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Here are my IELTS tips that I have shared on different threads. Note that I am an almost native English speaker who grew up in the US, and many of these are geared toward those who are at native or near native proficiency. The best way to do well on the IELTS is to know English very well, but here are my tips geared specifically for this exam.

One of the most important things for native speakers to do is to pay close attention in the listening section. The speakers speak slowly for us natives, so it can be easy to get distracted. I missed a question during a practice exam because my mind had wandered. So I made sure to make a conscious effort to pay full attention.

In the speaking exam, just speak as you would normally speak in a conversation, but keep the language on the formal side, as if you were talking to a business associate rather than your good friends. Try to elaborate and go into some detail, but do not ramble on. Feel free to embellish the truth or make up stories. Use dynamic language rather than answering in simple, terse sentences, but not to the point of sounding pretentious.

Most important is to practice as much as you can. I took several practice exams over the course of about 2 weeks. We just need to get used to the format which might seem strange at first.

I downloaded and took some free practice tests from ielts.org and the British Council
https://www.ielts.org/about-the-test/sample-test-questions
http://takeielts.britishcouncil.org/prepare-test/free-practice-tests

I also found ieltsforfree and ieltsadvantage to be useful. I am still on their mailing lists and recently got these links:
https://ieltsforfree.com/
https://www.ieltsadvantage.com/2017/08/02/ielts-practice/
https://www.ieltsadvantage.com/2017/08/04/ielts-speaking-practice/

For writing, use the standard essay format taught in schools, and develop your ideas. Pay attention to grammar, punctuation and spelling. Vary your sentence structure occasionally. Try to write as neatly as possible. Especially in this day and age of computers, an hour of hand writing can be rough on the arm. My handwriting is terrible, and I'm sure I lost some points because of that, but I still did well enough for CLB 10+.

pessacanada

Champion Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
what's so special about that ? that doesn't make LMIA any easier.
Mate, just calm down! I know it's not easy but there are some people who want to know abt it. This is ROH! So, sharing is a part of being helpful to others as I'm doing right now and I will do it all over again. :)
you are asking abt special part of it, here we go: As of 28th August 2017, if you have enough star and if you are considered as a potential + qualified candidate, it's employers who offer a job and it's them to deal all required papers so that a candidate can safely apply for a PR.
Good luck to you and the best in your application pursuing :)

jjlucas

Star Member
May 4, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi Everyone!

I have different names between my passport X other docs...
I know this question has been answered somewhere by you guys - MAKE AN AFFIDAVIT.

However, I don't understand the concept of an affidavit, where I live it is not a costume. Should I just take a template made by one of you guys and sign it?! That's all?!

We do have some sort of "notary public offices", on which someone with a government "authority" can officially state and sign a document claiming that I am the same person in my passport and the other documents. Would that be enough?

Thank you in advance!

Reactions: trumprefugee

mytimet

Star Member
Feb 26, 2017
Here are my IELTS tips that I have shared on different threads. Note that I am an almost native English speaker who grew up in the US, and many of these are geared toward those who are at native or near native proficiency. The best way to do well on the IELTS is to know English very well, but here are my tips geared specifically for this exam.

One of the most important things for native speakers to do is to pay close attention in the listening section. The speakers speak slowly for us natives, so it can be easy to get distracted. I missed a question during a practice exam because my mind had wandered. So I made sure to make a conscious effort to pay full attention.

In the speaking exam, just speak as you would normally speak in a conversation, but keep the language on the formal side, as if you were talking to a business associate rather than your good friends. Try to elaborate and go into some detail, but do not ramble on. Feel free to embellish the truth or make up stories. Use dynamic language rather than answering in simple, terse sentences, but not to the point of sounding pretentious.

Most important is to practice as much as you can. I took several practice exams over the course of about 2 weeks. We just need to get used to the format which might seem strange at first.

I downloaded and took some free practice tests from ielts.org and the British Council
https://www.ielts.org/about-the-test/sample-test-questions
http://takeielts.britishcouncil.org/prepare-test/free-practice-tests

I also found ieltsforfree and ieltsadvantage to be useful. I am still on their mailing lists and recently got these links:
https://ieltsforfree.com/
https://www.ieltsadvantage.com/2017/08/02/ielts-practice/
https://www.ieltsadvantage.com/2017/08/04/ielts-speaking-practice/

For writing, use the standard essay format taught in schools, and develop your ideas. Pay attention to grammar, punctuation and spelling. Vary your sentence structure occasionally. Try to write as neatly as possible. Especially in this day and age of computers, an hour of hand writing can be rough on the arm. My handwriting is terrible, and I'm sure I lost some points because of that, but I still did well enough for CLB 10+.
Thank you for the tips

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Hi Everyone!

I have different names between my passport X other docs...
I know this question has been answered somewhere by you guys - MAKE AN AFFIDAVIT.

However, I don't understand the concept of an affidavit, where I live it is not a costume. Should I just take a template made by one of you guys and sign it?! That's all?!

We do have some sort of "notary public offices", on which someone with a government "authority" can officially state and sign a document claiming that I am the same person in my passport and the other documents. Would that be enough?

Thank you in advance!
Hmm this also applies to me, so now I'm wondering the same. Like a typical American, I have a first name, middle name, and last name. In the US, it's common for people to write first name middle initial (instead of middle name spelled out) last name on many official documents. So most of my records have my first name followed by middle initial followed by last name. My passport is one of my few documents that has my middle name spelled out. Do I also need to write an affidavit about this?

cfg2894

Jul 5, 2017
HI guys, Im working on my Express Entry profile right now but I'm having an issue. Its not adding my Canadian Education experience (the extra 15 points). I made sure I put the DLI code right and everything but its still showing 0 points for additional points. Has anyone else also had this issue before? If someone can help me out with this I'll appreciate it. Thank you.

PixelDust

Jul 27, 2017
Singapore
Hmm this also applies to me, so now I'm wondering the same. Like a typical American, I have a first name, middle name, and last name. In the US, it's common for people to write first name middle initial (instead of middle name spelled out) last name on many official documents. So most of my records have my first name followed by middle initial followed by last name. My passport is one of my few documents that has my middle name spelled out. Do I also need to write an affidavit about this?
In my opinion, you should have same and matching names on the letters,docs issued by the government authorities-e.g.
passport,marriage ,birth certificates, national IDs and may be bank letter.
Other docs issued by companies , eductional institution may have changes in order like Surname first then name or name followed my middle name and then surname.
but not spelling errors.
Its just my opinion, perhaps someone can explain better as now i am also anxious as many of my Docs have 'Surname -First Name' format

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
In my opinion, you should have same and matching names on the letters,docs issued by the government authorities-e.g.
passport,marriage ,birth certificates, national IDs and may be bank letter.
Other docs issued by companies , eductional institution may have changes in order like Surname first then name or name followed my middle name and then surname.
but not spelling errors.
Its just my opinion, perhaps someone can explain better as now i am also anxious as many of my Docs have 'Surname -First Name' format
Most of my documents, including my driver's license and my bank accounts and tax forms and employment records and some of my educational records, are first name middle initial last name. Only my passport has middle name spelled out. That is pretty common in the US. And some documents have only first name last name. Last name first name also tends to be a common format in various countries. Let's see what other senior members have to say...

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
The "Other name" section in the document list seems to apply here. It doesn't say we need affidavit, just LOE for variations of our name, and legal documents only for official name changes. You senior members who are farther along in the process, what are your thoughts on this?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

Other name
Purpose

To confirm identity and aliases as well as screen for fraud concerns

Document requirements
  • This documentation is requested if the applicant indicates having used another name (e.g., a maiden name).
  • The applicant must provide information and/or documentation on the use of this other name (e.g., a letter of explanation, legal documents of a name change).
Individuals who must submit this documentation
  • The principal applicant
  • Their spouse or common-law partner
  • Their dependent children, including non-accompanying

PixelDust

Jul 27, 2017
Singapore
Most of my documents, including my driver's license and my bank accounts and tax forms and employment records and some of my educational records, are first name middle initial last name. Only my passport has middle name spelled out. That is pretty common in the US. And some documents have only first name last name. Last name first name also tends to be a common format in various countries. Let's see what other senior members have to say...
I think you are 'all set' Passport specifically has placeholder with headers
First name
Midddle name
Surname ,so its very clear
then there is complementry info. like your Father name , DOB , address etc.

Any recognition algorithm or process by Information officer must use complementry information to supplement the identity.

jjlucas

Star Member
May 4, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
In my case it is because my last name has a "dos Santos" in ALL MY DOCUMENTS... however in my passport it is just "Santos".

I went to the federal police (which is the organization that issue passports here in Brazil) and they said that they will always leave the "dos" out from my name, because my name is too big... :mad:

So, before this even an issue by CIC, I think I will make and AFFIDAVIT first.

My question is who do CIC want to assess my AFFIDAVIT; police? anyone with "authority" status?

Cheers!

tjsecondtry

May 11, 2017
It's one of those days where my computer seems jinxed. It won't talk to my phone, even when set for file transfer or MTP. It won't talk to any of the old disks I've been trying to clear off. And I just accidentally closed all my browser windows trying to turn it off and on again.

I think it's time for netflix