Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
It's August and for me it's like Christmas is coming. I'm checking the post everyday and now on first name terms with the post lady. Two small precious little letters are due to arrive over the next 8 days and with them another priceless 30 CRS points. My wife's IELTS points and her Masters points.

I'm thinking I should start packing for Canada now! :D
You are packing now? Congrats! I have yet to prepare for that challenge!:eek::D

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
I am really looking forward to having a coffee in Tim Hortons with you and many others on here. I've met some really fastastic people on here (yourself included) and would love to keep in contact once we land.

I'm typically a glass half full type of guy at the best of times, but the optimism and positivity from many of you on here is not just delusionary, but a real driving force. It certainly helped me have the mindset that 'I'm going' and then my subconscious just has to work on the 'how' bit. I am certain that the people and optimism on here were partly behind me pushing my wife to sit the IELTS. Now I probably would have gotten around to it eventually but I suspect not a quick if it wasn't for the 'Hope' here. I'm also going to start to prepare my paperwork for a NOI even through I haven't got one yet, solely based on a positive mindset.

So when people on here start to tell others to get 'get real' and that we are living with false hope, then I feel sorry for them. Because that hope has got me to get off my back side and get other 30 points and it put me in a really strong position to get a nomination secured quickly if I get the chance. That positivity and optimism has made REAL differences to my situation.

And that's why I feel sorry for the people on here who are negative. I wonder where they would be in this process and in life in general if they could have even a fraction of the atitude of some of the positive people on here.
Thank you for reminding us all that being optimistic is not a delusion, at least for me.
I think I also owe you a Tim Hortons coffee now, aside from the drinking challenge. ;) I have yet to find my mother's aunt in Edmonton who owns a Tim Hortons :D

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
Thank you. The feeling is mutual. Timmy's has enough coffee for everyone. Next summer is my target landing date. So plenty of time for everyone to land.
Planning to land in spring time :)

pessacanada

Champion Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
If everything goes well, probably April or May next year.:)
Mine is July/August if everything is OK according to my calculation and hopeful predictions (ROH is the best forum to give us that kind of hope) :rolleyes:. Hope you will find a good place in Ontario (city doesn't matter, but I may travel to another province for my friends) to have a coffee coz you will land before us ;):)

Karnesh

Mar 15, 2017
Category........
PNP
Do you have a tentative timeline for landing?
Yes. She's prepared plan as below.

1. In best case:- Before Christmas this year.
2. On Average:- By Jan-February
3. Current Situation:- By March-April (Once Winter is over and White walkers are gone) :D:D

May the force be with her and Point 1 becomes reality soon. Best wishes. :) (@iamxty )

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
Yes. She's prepared plan as below.

1. In best case:- Before Christmas this year.
2. On Average:- By Jan-February
3. Current Situation:- By March-April (Once Winter is over and White walkers are gone) :D:D

May the force be with her and Point 1 becomes reality soon. Best wishes. :) (@iamxty )
Oh good Lord. :) Thank you for the wishes, however, any time before February is unlikely to happen. I am not yet ready for winter :confused:

reye27

Star Member
Jul 7, 2017
hi everyone I am in a dilemma. I got an ITA in the last draw with 441points. As my primary noc I put my PhD as I am doing a paid phd. Yet I am dubious now if I should consider this as work. even without the phd i get the same crs because i have enough work experience (in different nocs) but i am not sure now if i should consider phd work or education... should i reject this ita and create another profile with only the previous work experience? then i am not sure if points will be again at 440...I am so confused...

What do you mean by that? I do not think Ph D is explicitly considered as a job in NOC!
To the best of my knowledge, PhD is an academic phase and not everyone doing PhD gets opportunity to work as TA/RA or any other jobs. If during PhD, you have been involved in researches (other then your thesis) and your supervisor/ department/ Dean will write letter of exp then only I think you should claim points for RA and of course same goes for TA. Also, NOC has nothing to do with paid PhD (if that is your concern.)

Edit: Check this please NOC # 4012 (it covers both RA/TA)

Last edited: