+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope 67th Draw

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
I lost quite a lot of points because of my age. Started off the whole immigration process quite late in the day. Anyway Here's my profile.

Work experience: 10 years plus
NOC: 1123
BBA (Major in Marketing), joined work right after graduation and got too busy to do Masters. Little did I know I'd need that to increase score if I wanted to immigrate to Canada in future.
IELTS: L-9, R-8.5, S-8, W-7
Married with twins aged 3.5 years

I guess that's about it. Look forward to your suggestion :)
If it makes you feel any better, there are a lot of people on this forum who are the same age as you or older.

So don't lose heart.

While you seem to have maxed out your IELTS, and getting a Masters or learning French may take months if not years,there are other ways of improving your score.

Have you considered the Ontario Immigrant Nomination Program?

st001800

Jun 17, 2017
.5 in writing and ur score will go up by 12 pts...it is lot easier than getting 42 points on French if u are to start from scratch there,u will need more than six months..
Hi Lin082,
Just for my better understanding, could you please clarify how .5 in writing would boost 12 point? He is already in CLB9 - right?

agavaqif

Jun 8, 2017
If that is the case you should not be greatly worried...
check other aspects of the reference letter...it has to mention the hours of work per week / permanent/full-time(if 30hrs or more is already given it may not be necessary,I think so /salary details
--
as far as I've understood what matters more is the duties and responsibilities mentioned on the letter and how it matches to the duties and responsibilities stated in CIC site...so having two designations can be ignored if the letter do not mention it,and puts ur letter under one designation for whole period..
if it doesn't specify any Designation at all the Supervisor reference letter will add to it...
remember that the reference letter written by anyone in personal capacity has it's limit in credibility...so go by company given one to the maximum extent possible and use the other one as supporting document...and both should not contradict... and the guy should keep a copy of what he writes you so that he doesn't feign ignorance on any count...
The reference letter given by company includes my main designation (which I worked for 2 years) // All the duties working hours salary etc. Everything is fine actually the only problem is designations is not seperated that is it.

cankrk

Star Member
Jun 28, 2017
.5 in writing and ur score will go up by 12 pts...it is lot easier than getting 42 points on French if u are to start from scratch there,u will need more than six months..
Why by 12? He has already CLB9 in writing so he'll get 32 (for CLB10) instead of 29. So the score will go up by 3 only. The 3 other abilities are maxed out.

Saj_immigration

Star Member
Dec 22, 2016
If it makes you feel any better, there are a lot of people on this forum who are the same age as you or older.

So don't lose heart.

While you seem to have maxed out your IELTS, and getting a Masters or learning French may take months if not years,there are other ways of improving your score.

Have you considered the Ontario Immigrant Nomination Program?

I did go to a thread about OINP to understand if I can apply,however, I was told I can't directly apply for OINP as they select from EE. I was also told my NOC isn't on Ontario's priority list at the moment so I have to be patient and hope EE score comes down. So I kinda left that thread and as you can see here I am hoping for a miracle. Would highly appreciate if you can let me know if there's any other way to apply for OINP.

Trying to keep an eye on other PNPs but I guess they are not open at the moment.

Still haven't given up so will be hoping for the best :)

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017

I did go to a thread about OINP to understand if I can apply,however, I was told I can't directly apply for OINP as they select from EE. I was also told my NOC isn't on Ontario's priority list at the moment so I have to be patient and hope EE score comes down. So I kinda left that thread and as you can see here I am hoping for a miracle. Would highly appreciate if you can let me know if there's any other way to apply for OINP.

Trying to keep an eye on other PNPs but I guess they are not open at the moment.

Still haven't given up so will be hoping for the best :)
You don't have an express entry profile yet?

Ontario has only recently started targeting specific professionals with less than 400 CRS points. At the same time they continue to send NOIs to profiles with more than 400 points.

My profession isn't in demand anywhere in the world but I got NOI from Ontario on May 12, a few days after recreating my profile.

Good luck.

st001800

Jun 17, 2017
You don't have an express entry profile yet?

Ontario has only recently started targeting specific professionals with less than 400 CRS points. At the same time they continue to send NOIs to profiles with more than 400 points.

My profession isn't in demand anywhere in the world but I got NOI from Ontario on May 12, a few days after recreating my profile.

Good luck.
Hi Wandering_mind,

I was interacting with you a while ago in OINP thread. You were waiting for the nomination from OINP and you received some Queries/additional info request etc. just curious - have you got your nomination now , my friend?
Good Luck for your ITA too!!

Reactions: Mithu3

lino82

Apr 12, 2017
NOC Code......
Reactions: Mithu3

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Hi Wandering_mind,

I was interacting with you a while ago in OINP thread. You were waiting for the nomination from OINP and you received some Queries/additional info request etc. just curious - have you got your nomination now , my friend?
Good Luck for your ITA too!!
No word yet from Ontario. I'm still waiting.

Thanks for the wishes. What's happening with you?

st001800

Jun 17, 2017
No word yet from Ontario. I'm still waiting.

Thanks for the wishes. What's happening with you?
I have got the ITA in last draw (28th june) , as OINP nomination gave me 600 points. Unfortunately I had to decline ITA, as FBI PCC is taking more time now a days. After declining, I came to know that there are a few agencies in India help get FBI PCC faster with some lump amount. I know that is not ideal way, but I am considering taking that route to put myself in fast track. Have not decided yet.BTW, FBI received my package on 27th June.

RachD

Jun 29, 2017
Just been on the Ontario link kindly posted by someone and my husband is NOC 2241 which is in demand. However, it is me that is the principal applicant (I am an accountant and not on the in demand list).
Our CRS is 428.
Does OINP do the search of the pool just based on the principal applicant as we have not received a NOI (express entry profile created on 14th June)?Unfortunately my husband does not have a degree and cannot class himself as an engineer in Canada as a result despite 30 years work experience in engineering.