+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope 67th Draw

sunny_guyed

Jul 5, 2016
Sorry to disappoint anyone, but, I do not think it is even possible to get below 380 or even 390. In fact, the bench mark in my opinion is 410.
Why?
Any student in Canada graduating from university with the 3 yrs program + 1 year work exp + 6666 in IELTS= 394
Any student in Canada graduating from college/u with a 1-2 yrs program + 1 year work exp + 6666 = 360-390
I mean it is just too easy for local students to get 360-400, and given the fact that there are way too many students graduate each year (or each term). So, CIC understands it just as well, that is why they are only looking for the top of the class and specifically those with high academic qualification or more years of experience or higher language. All in all, they won't invite average scorers because it makes EE system pointless, a good example is that they added relative thing and french speaking thing to make sure the score won't go down (IT WAS 413,lowest as it can get).
This is the brutal truth.

Thanks! I got 475 points; however, a friend of mine was only 375 points, which is so sad as I do not think my friend ever has a chance to get invited...:(

JayInToronto

Jun 28, 2017
Thanks for sharing your opinion. However, I hope you know that until a few months back people were saying that there was no possibility of the score ever falling under 450. And as we all know the lowest CRS so far has been 413, which came as a shock to both the optimists and the naysayers :)

The point I am trying to make is, no one knows for sure. The Express Entry pool is dynamic and gets influenced by several factors - new immigration rules and regulations, annual quotas, the number of people joining the pool every week etc.

The way I look at it, your opinion is just an opinion based on your understanding of the Express Entry process. Believe me, it isn't the "truth", whether brutal or not ;)

I understand, but the system was never invented for flushing everyone in the pool. I mean, sure they can get as low as 350, but man, take a look at the number of people 360-400. Also, the phenomenon of last year was just unusual and I do not want to discuss too much about it since it is more affected by political reason due to party/minister changes. But through out the years I have been in Canada as an international student since middle school, the policy is always aiming at people with basic language skill+/or 1 year experience + basic educational qualification, like I mentioned benchmark 400-410.

Anyhow, I am struggling to get ITA just like everyone else here, and hoping for the best.
I hope the score can get lower than 300 to get everyone inside the house, but sometimes, I dun want anyone to be overconfident and not trying hard enough.

Last edited:

marcusvfm

Oct 3, 2016
How were you able to get through all your employment reference letters mate. I have been trying hard but facing a lot of issues. One of my employer says that it is not a company policy to issue reference letters to ex-employees. If i take this response from them in an email, will that suffice Ontario's requirements? Can anyone please confirm.
I worked for Disney world for 5 years and they do not give reference letters, but do give a confirmation of employment letter. As my manager was done with the company, I asked her to do my reference letter and state on the letter that disney does not offer this kind of letter, attaching her own letter of employment. I got AINP with this, so I assume the document is valid and good to go!

Reactions: Mithu3

trendy075

Star Member
May 9, 2017
I ve got ITA...if i click on continue so i have to complete application in one attempt or i just can check further what happens next if i click continue application???
You do not have to complete your application in one attempt. You can save it and return to it later.

Reactions: Mithu3

sunny_guyed

Jul 5, 2016
Ok guys do not throw me with stones, but need some help here:)))

Does anyone of you could clarify this one for me then that would be awesome!

I am an AINP applicant and have already nominated by the AINP.

I also wanted to apply for Express Entry and created my profile.

In the "Nomination and selection" part of the application I put to a question "NO" when they asked me if I was nominated by a province. Yes, I was nominated by the province, but Alberta does not participate in EE and guess cannot claim 600 points so I put "NO". I am now confused... I do not want to break any rules and would like to stick what they say..

I could not find information whether it says Yes or No. Please help me to clarify this. Thanks.

trendy075

Star Member
May 9, 2017
Ok guys do not throw me with stones, but need some help here:)))

Does anyone of you could clarify this one for me then that would be awesome!

I am an AINP applicant and have already nominated by the AINP.

I also wanted to apply for Express Entry and created my profile.

In the "Nomination and selection" part of the application I put to a question "NO" when they asked me if I was nominated by a province. Yes, I was nominated by the province, but Alberta does not participate in EE and guess cannot claim 600 points so I put "NO". I am now confused... I do not want to break any rules and would like to stick what they say..

I could not find information whether it says Yes or No. Please help me to clarify this. Thanks.
Your answer should be a resounding 'Yes'. You have been nominated by a Province and the only way you can use that nomination to get PR is to go through the Express Entry process.

Reactions: mqamar1994

pretty_woman1

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
Your answer should be a resounding 'Yes'. You have been nominated by a Province and the only way you can use that nomination to get PR is to go through the Express Entry process.
Does Alberta Government participates in Express Entry? I heard they do not, but not sure....

Akula

Jun 7, 2017
Hi Guys,
lots of doubts popping up today. i have got my masters in Drug Formulation Science and right now i have got experience of about 5 yrs as SAS programmer in clinical domain where i do the analysis of clinical data. when approached my consultant , he suggested me that my NOC should be 2172 as my roles and responsibilities matches with analyst .i suspect if my job role goes under statistics since i perform statistical analysis. can some one guide on this . also, during verification would visa processing officer consider my role as clinical data analyst or clinical sas programmer or statistical programmer as relevant to my studies.
I would suggest just wait for next draw, atleast. Based on the cutoff u can decide between 2 options.

Additionally, I think cutoff will surely be near 400 after 3-4 draws. If u want direct ITA, u may have to wait till then.

At the end, its up to you to compare pros and cons of each option.

Akula

Jun 7, 2017
till when can I hold the NOI request.. and if I accept the request in how many days should I submit the required documents

trendy075

Star Member
May 9, 2017
Does Alberta Government participates in Express Entry? I heard they do not, but not sure....
They do not participate in Express Entry so they do not conduct their invitations or nominations through Express Entry unlike Ontario. However, the only way through which the Government of Canada issues PRs is through Express Entry and that is why even your EE profile application asks you if you have a nomination by a province and then issues you points based on your answer.

In summary, you can get a Provincial nomination before you create your EE profile (for provinces not participating in Express Entry e.g. Alberta, Manitoba) or you can get a Provincial nomination after you create your EE profile (for provinces participating in Express Entry e.g. Ontario).

Either way, you submit your PR application to Government of Canada through the Express Entry program. Hope this clarifies.

RachD

Jun 29, 2017
Hello all, I have applied for my ECA few days back. and waiting for rsults. I am sure It will be positive. Can I create my EE profile before I recieve ECA Results.
Regards
I believe you can create your EE profile but when it asks if you have an ECA you would have to choose no. That means you do not get any points for it. When you get your ECA it would be a simple case of changing the no to a yes and updating your profile with the date of the ECA and the unique reference. Your points would then update depending on the result of the ECA.

pretty_woman1

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
T
They do not participate in Express Entry so they do not conduct their invitations or nominations through Express Entry unlike Ontario. However, the only way through which the Government of Canada issues PRs is through Express Entry and that is why even your EE profile application asks you if you have a nomination by a province and then issues you points based on your answer.

In summary, you can get a Provincial nomination before you create your EE profile (for provinces not participating in Express Entry e.g. Alberta, Manitoba) or you can get a Provincial nomination after you create your EE profile (for provinces participating in Express Entry e.g. Ontario).

Either way, you submit your PR application to Government of Canada through the Express Entry program. Hope this clarifies.

Thanks! What if someone has already received a nomination from the AINP and wants to create an Express Entry profile? So that person cannot count and earn additional 600 points as I understood AINP does not participate in the EE.....Another tricky part asked earlier one of the forum users is it necessary to say "YES" in the EE profile when they ask about a nomination by the province...

trendy075

Star Member
May 9, 2017
T

Thanks! What if someone has already received a nomination from the AINP and wants to create an Express Entry profile? So that person cannot count and earn additional 600 points as I understood AINP does not participate in the EE.....Another tricky part asked earlier one of the forum users is it necessary to say "YES" in the EE profile when they ask about a nomination by the province...
Let me try to explain again. AINP does not participate in the Express Entry simply means they do not go through the Express Entry to invite or nominate candidates. However, once you get an AINP nomination, you have to go through the Express Entry program to use that Provincial nomination to apply to the Government of Canada. To do this, you will create your EE profile. While creating EE profile, CIC will ask you if you have a Provincial nomination and your answer will be YES, so you will get 600 points for that, meaning your total points will then be high enough to get an ITA in the next draw. Only after you receive your ITA can you then submit your Permanent Residency application.

You cannot become a permanent residence with just a Provincial nomination. You still have to apply for PR status to the Government of Canada and that is done through the Express Entry.