+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope 67th Draw

Vicky__123

Jun 29, 2017
I am a little confused as it is difficult for me to interpret. Could you please be kind enough and let me know how long do you think based on the stats, it would take for the cut off to reach ->

It is very well demonstrated by you for a prediction of 410.... But a breakup would be brilliant. :)

Thanks and God Bless
The possible cutoffs for draws are as below

CRS Draw
435 -
430 67
425 -
420 68
415 69
410 70
405 71
402 72
395 73
390 74

Canadream2017

Star Member
Mar 26, 2017
I think the next few draws will soar 500s-600s CRS points. Since mid last month, CIC started to look at other categories like FST & PNP, and with the US travel ban crisis, the trend will definitely change.
Not to sound too pessimistic but if you look at the past trend, we've seen a lot of late 300ish then low 400, BUT then, all of the sudden mid 400s this week! Huge shift. And US travel ban has started this week, and it's been frequently asserted that the travel ban on green card holders of certain nationalities will have economical impacts worldwide (let alone Canada which is the closest to US!). We can't ignore or look past these factors. I guess it's highly unlikely that the cut off point will go down after this major rise. But let's hope for the best!

Reactions: Mithu3

nbt11

Star Member
May 24, 2017
India
Hi guys,
Quick question about POF..
So if I'm showing the required amount while entry with appropriate documentation.. should I be freezing those funds even after entry?
Anyone please?
Also could someone please enlighten me with the payscale of Software engineers (.NET) (3+ years)..

hahaHHH

Star Member
May 27, 2017
Category........
I think the next few draws will soar 500s-600s CRS points. Since mid last month, CIC started to look at other categories like FST & PNP, and with the US travel ban crisis, the trend will definitely change.
Not to sound too pessimistic but if you look at the past trend, we've seen a lot of late 300ish then low 400, BUT then, all of the sudden mid 400s this week! Huge shift. And US travel ban has started this week, and it's been frequently asserted that the travel ban on green card holders of certain nationalities will have economical impacts worldwide (let alone Canada which is the closest to US!). We can't ignore or look past these factors. I guess it's highly unlikely that the cut off point will go down after this major rise. But let's hope for the best!
How does US travel ban affect settlement in Canada? Please enlighten me

Canadream2017

Star Member
Mar 26, 2017
How does US travel ban affect settlement in Canada? Please enlighten me
A lot of highly educated green-card holders will be deported from US soon. I am talking about people with good English language skills (ie. high score in IELTS) as well as job experience (or even arranged job offers in Canada), as moving from US to Canada isn't is tough as moving from elsewhere, a lot of North American mid-sized corporations have both US & Canada head offices and partners. So, their chance of securing a job in Canada is much more higher than other newcomers or prospective PR given their network and closeness to borders. Not to mention, that those green card holders can actually come to Canada WITHOUT a visa, and can stay in Canada for up to 6 months!

Also, some green-card holders actually have relatives in Canada. All these factors will give them higher CRS points in EE and superiority over other EE candidates.
Chances are most of them have already searched and prepared to move to Canada since the travel ban been announced.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mahnbab1 and Mithu3

Globetrotter2017

Jun 14, 2017
A lot of highly educated green-card holders will be deported from US soon. I am talking about people with good English language skills (ie. high score in IELTS) as well as job experience (or even arranged job offers in Canada), as moving from US to Canada isn't is tough as moving from elsewhere, a lot of North American mid-sized corporations have both US & Canada head offices and partners. So, green holders chances of securing a job in Canada is much more higher than other newcomers or prospective PR holders. Also, some green-card holders actually have relatives in Canada. All these factors will give them higher CRS points in EE and superiority over other EE candidates. Chances are most of them have already searched and prepared to move to Canada since the travel ban been announced.
Please the travel ban carefully.

He isn't deporting green card holders. He is just preventing people to enter in.

hahaHHH

Star Member
May 27, 2017
Category........
A lot of highly educated green-card holders will be deported from US soon. I am talking about people with good English language skills (ie. high score in IELTS) as well as job experience (or even arranged job offers in Canada), as moving from US to Canada isn't is tough as moving from elsewhere, a lot of North American mid-sized corporations have both US & Canada head offices and partners. So, green holders chances of securing a job in Canada is much more higher than other newcomers or prospective PR holders. Also, some green-card holders actually have relatives in Canada. All these factors will give them higher CRS points in EE and superiority over other EE candidates. Chances are most of them have already searched and prepared to move to Canada since the travel ban been announced.
Oh .... Don't they go through employment or work permit placement to transfer between their US office and CDN office? These people go through EE?

And these green card holders would go through these IELTS and WES ECA? Probably .... there always are possibilities. Thank you for the clarifications.

SGtoCAD

Jan 27, 2017
A lot of highly educated green-card holders will be deported from US soon. I am talking about people with good English language skills (ie. high score in IELTS) as well as job experience (or even arranged job offers in Canada), as moving from US to Canada isn't is tough as moving from elsewhere, a lot of North American mid-sized corporations have both US & Canada head offices and partners. So, their chance of securing a job in Canada is much more higher than other newcomers or prospective PR given their network and closeness to borders. Not to mention, that those green card holders can actually come to Canada WITHOUT a visa, and can stay in Canada for up to 6 months!

Also, some green-card holders actually have relatives in Canada. All these factors will give them higher CRS points in EE and superiority over other EE candidates.
Chances are most of them have already searched and prepared to move to Canada since the travel ban been announced.
Even if so, these people would need atleast a few months to prep their ECAs and documents whatnot. They would have to go through the same process as us even though they have job offers. Unless they are applying work permit. And if they are going through the PNP route, it may take longer for their companies to work with them and provide documents to achieve a PNP.

Canadream2017

Star Member
Mar 26, 2017
You guys are right the process of finding a job and then applying for EE might take few months but a lot of people I know have already started the process of securing a job in Canada prior the travel ban been active.
Certainly there are pros and cons but the main point is let's not just ignore such issue when predicting the next draw.

I don't mean to scare anyone....... really!!! But that's just what I think.

Reactions: Mahnbab1 and Mithu3

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
Hang on to the thread buddy ul find ur answers in few days/weeks. In the meanwhile read this article

"No, Americans aren't actually flocking to Canada in droves http://cnn.it/2t3JZid "

ritej gaba

Star Member
May 2, 2017
Correcting the figures.....
1. Canada has target to invite 124000 skilled workers (73000-FSW & 51000 PNP) through EE stream this year.
2. Out of total 53000 ITA issued till date, Province nominated applicants are also there in major chunk (i.e. in every draw candidates having 600+ are province nominated only). Thus the exact figure for FSW is significantly lesser that 53000.
3. With every progressing day, IRCC is processing the post-ITA applications and 40% of those applications are rejected due to several reasons. Thus to complete the yearly quota of 124000, IRCC will have to increase the frequency of draws and/or draw size. In either case cutoff will go down.
That i forgot to consider. thanks for priceless information and escalating my hopes. :)

X

xibalban

Hlo guys...Need a little clearance
I got NOI on on may 19
And my ielts got expired on 13 June
I have given my ielts again and is awaiting for the results.
My doubt ..Is my NOI still alive? I mean once i score the same bands and update it in my CIC account..Will i be able to accept the NOI
I m nervous o_O
What do you think about this??
Hello, how did your IELTS go? So, you had been away preparing, I see.
Your NOI is very much alive, as long as the updated IELTS band scores do not render your CRS below 400.
Are you planning to go the OINP route? All the best!!