+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope 67th Draw

Jatin131191

Jul 5, 2017
Hi Guys,

Although this is my first post here but, I have been following this thread for a long time. I am at 411 points and in last few days I got an invite from Ontario. Just wanted to ask few questions related to it:
1. Should I accept it?:p
2. How long is the process duration till the point of getting PR?
3. If I opt for this then, is there any chance that PR gets rejected?
4. Lastly, if i get PR and I got into Ontario. Is the some amount of duration period for which I need to stay in Ontario state only? Can I move to any other state after receiving PR?

Thanks in advance.

ABC -Canada

Mar 29, 2017

Vicky__123

Jun 29, 2017
Hi Guys,

Although this is my first post here but, I have been following this thread for a long time. I am at 411 points and in last few days I got an invite from Ontario. Just wanted to ask few questions related to it:
4. Lastly, if i get PR and I got into Ontario. Is the some amount of duration period for which I need to stay in Ontario state only? Can I move to any other state after receiving PR?

Thanks in advance.
Replies are as below,

1. Should I accept it? - At CRS 411, you have good chance for direct ITA. Wait for 2-3 draws, you will be getting the ITA.

2. How long is the process duration till the point of getting PR?- After getting ITA, whole process may take 5-6 months to complete.

3. If I opt for this then, is there any chance that PR gets rejected?- If your OINP profile is in process, and meanwhile you get direct ITA, then their will not be any issue. Just your CAD $1500 will be in vain.

4. Lastly, if i get PR and I got into Ontario. Is the some amount of duration period for which I need to stay in Ontario state only? Can I move to any other state after receiving PR?- If you get PR based on OINP nomination, then you have to stay in Ontario for atleast 2 years. Only after staying for 2 years, you can move to other states.

KingKurly

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2017
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It depends on case to case. I received my ECA from WES last year after 2 months of applying.

But to be fair to them, my Bachelors and Masters were from 2 different countries.
Very true. Case by case. Mine was exactly like yours. Bachelors and Masters from two different countries. Took over 2 months to get the hard copy.

fahadsheikh

Oct 30, 2016
DXB-AE
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance.

1. Should I accept it?

It is entirly upto you. A NOI is valid upto 6 months, however, if you submit your profile to one key, then you have 14 days to submit all the documents and pay the applicaiton fee (I haven't done it, it is all by the Ontario HC stream guide). With your score, you can wait for a couple of weeks to see, and then pursue for PNP if the odds are not in favour. That's what I have planned for myself as well (even at 393 :p )

Now a days, the timelines of Ontario are really impressive. Most of the people here are nominated in a week, Those with complicated cases are done in a couple of weeks tops. The PR application is the second phase of the process, that usually lats from 4 - 6 months depending on the complexity of the applicaiton.

As said, PR application is entiry different process. Take Provincial nomination as a guaranteed ITA, after that, you have to go through a much tougher and thorough process, PNP is not a guaranteed PR, it is rater a guaranteed ITA.

As per the Canadian law, any PR holder can move, live and settle freely anywhere in the country. However, you have to show clear intent to reside in Ontario before nomination (if you want to go through this channel). It is always better to stay for a little while in the province which nominated you, then move whereever you want.

Hope it helped!

Last edited:

KingKurly

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2017
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My ielts score kinda maxed out. L-9,R-8.5,S-8,W-7
other than learning French I couldn't find any other option and that's how the whole conversation started.
Give French language a go with all you can. Lot faster than going for masters and you wouldn't have to quit your job either as it may require if you opt to go for full-time masters. I studied French for 8 months only to quit as we do not have TEF exams in my country, only DELF/DALF which is only accepted by Quebec. Now EE seems lot more flexible, faster and achievable since Nov last year, there was no point continuing. However with June 6th change you could be in for a big treat if you are willing to commit to learn this beautiful language. Bonne Chance ;)

KingKurly

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2017
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@iamxty Hi mate :) Seems like noc@workingincanada.gc.ca is also not working. They are not accepting email for security or file size reason. Did you hear anything? I also send PM to legalfalcon and reminder in the post after couple of days, be he seems reluctant as well.

Jatin131191

Jul 5, 2017
Replies are as below,

1. Should I accept it? - At CRS 411, you have good chance for direct ITA. Wait for 2-3 draws, you will be getting the ITA.

2. How long is the process duration till the point of getting PR?- After getting ITA, whole process may take 5-6 months to complete.

3. If I opt for this then, is there any chance that PR gets rejected?- If your OINP profile is in process, and meanwhile you get direct ITA, then their will not be any issue. Just your CAD $1500 will be in vain.

4. Lastly, if i get PR and I got into Ontario. Is the some amount of duration period for which I need to stay in Ontario state only? Can I move to any other state after receiving PR?- If you get PR based on OINP nomination, then you have to stay in Ontario for atleast 2 years. Only after staying for 2 years, you can move to other states.
Regarding the below point:
If your OINP profile is in process, and meanwhile you get direct ITA, then their will not be any issue. Just your CAD $1500 will be in vain.

If I accept the Ontario invite, I would be not eligible for express entry pool. Please correct me if I am wrong?

Taliyai

Jun 28, 2017
Category........
FSW
Good idea that you're asking these questions. EDUCATE yourselves on these options so you would know which route is the best for you. If you leave it to your lawyer, he is gonna suggest any and every route that extracts more money from you. I have had 2 friends who allowed their lawyers to do everything for them and the lawyers did not even tell them that their CRS was below 400! so they were just waiting and waiting until they received emails saying their profiles has been expired, if they want to try again they have to pay the fee again! They couldn't even articulate to me what ECA or ITA was.... Mind you both engaged in different immigration services. And because they already spent tons of money on these lawyers, they had to drop out of the dream of moving to Canada. I feel so heart broken for them. To have to stay back in a country you wanna escape from and pay debts on top of that...
IMO all these were and are avoidable.
Thanks for your comments on this. Thankfully, my attorney has been great and I've remained very involved in the process and reviewing everything on my own as well. There's just a few complications that our attorney is assisting us with - just in case.

All the best to you.

Reactions: SGtoCAD and baka

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....