+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope 66th Draw

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
I knew like a 5% of what I know now. Negligible.

I did this to study:
I started Duolingo and realized I knew almost NOTHING, then moved to Edito B2 when I finished the Duolingo french. Then started watching tv (with french audio and captions) and reading (a short novel). And that was it, CLB7 in 3 skills.

It is very doable, but you must be stubborn and not be intimidated because of a test. I paid my test when I only had less than 3 months of studying. That forced me to study harder.
Seriously dude (you can't be a dudette with a name like Ivan :D) hats off to you!

canada_dreamer

Apr 10, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Add a new approach to rank candidates with the same Comprehensive Ranking System score:

The Express Entry system will continue to rank candidates by their CRS score, but where a CRS tie exists, all tied candidates will then be ranked based on the date and time they submitted their Express Entry profile.

Note: All changes are in place since June 6, 2017. Some foreign nationals might not see their Comprehensive Ranking System score change for several days.
All scores will be updated before the next round of invitations to apply where the Express Entry system detects that points are changed
This is important. This means if the cutoff is 410, not everybody sitting on 410 will recieve an ita. They will be ranked based on how long they were in the pool until the desired ita number is reached.

Reactions: andieangel

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
This is important. This means if the cutoff is 410, not everybody sitting on 410 will recieve an ita. They will be ranked based on how long they were in the pool until the desired ita number is reached.
Finally some good news for "old-timers" sitting in the pool for months!

It also means those of us who recreated our profiles in the hope of an OINP will lose out to those who didn't bother.

Anyway, in the end these changes will benefit all applicants in some way or the other.

Reactions: arunroy007

Rahulraj111

Star Member
May 30, 2017
Can u send
There can't be a draw today because they'll be spending the next few days updating people's scores with the new score points. They have also stated that all relevant scores will be updated before the next draw. I believe the earliest draw date will be next week Wednesday, 14th June.

Extract from CIC website regarding this issue.

DEPARTMENT OF CITIZENSHIP AND IMMIGRATION
Current instructions last amended on June 6, 2017.

Notice: Amendments have been made to the Ministerial Instructions for the Express Entry Application Management System and came into force on June 6, 2017. The Ministerial Instructions were modified to:

Add Comprehensive Ranking System points for at least one sibling in Canada:
15 points for at least one sibling in Canada who is a permanent resident or Canadian citizen, residing in Canada and 18 or over.

Add Comprehensive Ranking System points for good French-language proficiency:
15 points for test results of the Niveaux de compétence linguistique canadiens (NCLC) at level 7 or higher in all four language skills in French (listening, speaking, reading and writing); and,
Another 15 points for test results of the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) at level 5 or higher in all four language skills in English, in addition of test results of NCLC at level 7 or more in all four language skills in French.

Add a new approach to rank candidates with the same Comprehensive Ranking System score:

The Express Entry system will continue to rank candidates by their CRS score, but where a CRS tie exists, all tied candidates will then be ranked based on the date and time they submitted their Express Entry profile.

Note: All changes are in place since June 6, 2017. Some foreign nationals might not see their Comprehensive Ranking System score change for several days.
All scores will be updated before the next round of invitations to apply where the Express Entry system detects that points are changed

Applications for permanent residence for foreign nationals invited to apply before June 6, 2017 will be assessed based on the previous Ministerial Instructions.
Can u send me the link for this

mumair88

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
Saudi Arabia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
21-12-2017
AOR Received.
21-12-2017
IELTS Request
9/9/2017
Med's Done....
11-01-2018
We are happy to confirm that the information you provided was transferred to the responsible office which began processing your application in Canada. Rest assured that they will communicate with you if further information is required.

Since your file is currently located at a Canadian visa office, we invite you to contact them too in order to:
Can any body tell me what is the meaning of thisemail

SinghRaj

Star Member
Apr 8, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
24-mar-2017
AOR Received.
07-Apr-2017
there could be 2 mpre weeks delay as it says on the CIC website. read below the exact text from CIC.

What changes have recently been made to Express Entry?
Note: If we invited you to apply before June 6 2017, these changes will not affect you.

The CRS scores of all profiles in the pool will be updated automatically before the next invitation round after the updates. This could take up to two weeks.

We have made improvements to the Express Entry system.

Reactions: Wandering Mind

canada_dreamer

Apr 10, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
there could be 2 mpre weeks delay as it says on the CIC website. read below the exact text from CIC.

What changes have recently been made to Express Entry?
Note: If we invited you to apply before June 6 2017, these changes will not affect you.

The CRS scores of all profiles in the pool will be updated automatically before the next invitation round after the updates. This could take up to two weeks.

We have made improvements to the Express Entry system.
Bad news: next draw will most likely be on the 21st, instead of the 14th, raising crs cutoff.

Good news: back to back draws to bring the crs cutoff down again.

andieangel

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2017
Croatia
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
What??? Really??? I'm in the pool for 8 months, and if someone with same CRS is longer than me has advantage or vice versa? Don't know what to think about that...

nimit12

Star Member
May 17, 2017
Jaipur
Category........
FSW
Bad news: next draw will most likely be on the 21st, instead of the 14th, raising crs cutoff.

Good news: back to back draws to bring the crs cutoff down again.
Will a CRS score of 416 stand a chance in the next draw or the one after that? Or you think the cutoff would be higher?

pessacanada

Champion Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
Guys.. very interesting... Is it easy to score clb 7 equiv. In TEF french exam?

If it is easy or at least not hard.. then scores will rise hard in coming draws! What do u think?
If you know something in French, at least at intermediate level, you can get CLB 6 and 7 but you need practice without doubt. But if you don't know French at all, you may need a minimum of 6 months or more (depending on your ability and especially on your time), then you can get CLB7 at TEF. Anyway, if you need some advice you may ask me, don't be shy - dear friend.

Reactions: DBOR