+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope 66th Draw

DBOR

Star Member
May 23, 2017
Guys.. very interesting... Is it easy to score clb 7 equiv. In TEF french exam?

If it is easy or at least not hard.. then scores will rise hard in coming draws! What do u think?

Mahnbab1

Apr 23, 2017
I was at 375 then at 390 and now at 422(after i get sibling points today) I wrote IELTS thrice over 9 months.

Test 1 - L-8, R-8.5, S-6.5, W-6.5
Test 2 - L -8, R-8, S-7, W-6.5
Test 3 - L-8, R-8.5, S-7, W-7

Trust me IELTS is not that hard. I had never really practiced writing and was not getting 7. And then I did practice a few essays for 2 weeks and got the desired score. If you need help regarding writing in IELTS i can give some useful tips that I followed. Just give me a message. All the best.
Hello...i really need some useful tips for ilets!!!i took ilets 3 times but invain
L 6.5 R 6 W 6.5 S 8.5
Because of this my score is really low and i really want to achieve clb 9 in each module to get into 400crs
Am thinking of reappearing in july and need help

Onayimi

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
so sad there was no draw today. crossing fingers for tumoro:(
There can't be a draw today because they'll be spending the next few days updating people's scores with the new score points. They have also stated that all relevant scores will be updated before the next draw. I believe the earliest draw date will be next week Wednesday, 14th June.

Extract from CIC website regarding this issue.

DEPARTMENT OF CITIZENSHIP AND IMMIGRATION
Current instructions last amended on June 6, 2017.

Notice: Amendments have been made to the Ministerial Instructions for the Express Entry Application Management System and came into force on June 6, 2017. The Ministerial Instructions were modified to:

Add Comprehensive Ranking System points for at least one sibling in Canada:
15 points for at least one sibling in Canada who is a permanent resident or Canadian citizen, residing in Canada and 18 or over.

Add Comprehensive Ranking System points for good French-language proficiency:
15 points for test results of the Niveaux de compétence linguistique canadiens (NCLC) at level 7 or higher in all four language skills in French (listening, speaking, reading and writing); and,
Another 15 points for test results of the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) at level 5 or higher in all four language skills in English, in addition of test results of NCLC at level 7 or more in all four language skills in French.

Add a new approach to rank candidates with the same Comprehensive Ranking System score:

The Express Entry system will continue to rank candidates by their CRS score, but where a CRS tie exists, all tied candidates will then be ranked based on the date and time they submitted their Express Entry profile.

Note: All changes are in place since June 6, 2017. Some foreign nationals might not see their Comprehensive Ranking System score change for several days.
All scores will be updated before the next round of invitations to apply where the Express Entry system detects that points are changed

Applications for permanent residence for foreign nationals invited to apply before June 6, 2017 will be assessed based on the previous Ministerial Instructions.

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
so sad there was no draw today. crossing fingers for tumoro:(
Though all of us here expect a draw every day, ;) we've noticed that draws typically happen every 2 weeks, mostly on Wednesdays and Fridays. Of course, IRCC breaks the norm sometimes and holds a draw whenever it pleases ;)

Good luck to us! See you here tomorrow ready for what we call the "refresh party".

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
There can't be a draw today because they'll be spending the next few days updating people's scores with the new score points. They have also stated that all relevant scores will be updated before the next draw. I believe the earliest draw date will be next week Wednesday, 14th June.

Extract from CIC website regarding this issue.

DEPARTMENT OF CITIZENSHIP AND IMMIGRATION
Current instructions last amended on June 6, 2017.

Notice: Amendments have been made to the Ministerial Instructions for the Express Entry Application Management System and came into force on June 6, 2017. The Ministerial Instructions were modified to:

Add Comprehensive Ranking System points for at least one sibling in Canada:
15 points for at least one sibling in Canada who is a permanent resident or Canadian citizen, residing in Canada and 18 or over.

Add Comprehensive Ranking System points for good French-language proficiency:
15 points for test results of the Niveaux de compétence linguistique canadiens (NCLC) at level 7 or higher in all four language skills in French (listening, speaking, reading and writing); and,
Another 15 points for test results of the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) at level 5 or higher in all four language skills in English, in addition of test results of NCLC at level 7 or more in all four language skills in French.

Add a new approach to rank candidates with the same Comprehensive Ranking System score:

The Express Entry system will continue to rank candidates by their CRS score, but where a CRS tie exists, all tied candidates will then be ranked based on the date and time they submitted their Express Entry profile.

Note: All changes are in place since June 6, 2017. Some foreign nationals might not see their Comprehensive Ranking System score change for several days.
All scores will be updated before the next round of invitations to apply where the Express Entry system detects that points are changed

Applications for permanent residence for foreign nationals invited to apply before June 6, 2017 will be assessed based on the previous Ministerial Instructions.
Yes we know. We already discussed this in earlier posts.

But nothing ever stops us from wishing for a draw any day of the week ;)

M DEV

May 2, 2017
Though all of us here expect a draw every day, ;) we've noticed that draws typically happen every 2 weeks, mostly on Wednesdays and Fridays. Of course, IRCC breaks the norm sometimes and holds a draw whenever it pleases ;)

Good luck to us! See you here tomorrow ready for what we call the "refresh party".
Yes....

Reactions: JayPanashe

ivancabrer

May 5, 2017
Santo Domingo
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
NOC Code......
Guys.. very interesting... Is it easy to score clb 7 equiv. In TEF french exam?

If it is easy or at least not hard.. then scores will rise hard in coming draws! What do u think?
I did earn CLB7 in 3 skills (W, R and L), but got only CLB4 in one (S).

In my case It took me 4 months of study to achieve that (2 hours of strict study time every week day, and a couple hours on weekends).
Because I didn't have anyone to practice the Speaking, I could only reach CLB4 in that skill.

Actually I was kind of depressed because I thought that I wasn't going to get any points for the TEF exam, but to my surprise I got the regular 9 points of the secondary language (3 points for each of the 3 skills that I got with CLB7, and none for the skill that I got CLB4). I was confused about the CRS points they give for the secondary language. But I was gladly wrong.

So, I would say, if my only chance to get an ITA depended on getting my french Speaking skill to CLB7, given that I know that the other 3 skills are CLB7, then I would get myselft to speak in french at least for one or two hours of every day for one or two months to get to my objective.

In short, I don't think it is impossible at all, but it does take a lot of determination and effort. It is not something you can do if you only study when you have free time. You have to take apart the time to study.
But I would say, from no knowledge of french to a CLB7 in all 4 skills, it can take 4 to 6 months for a stubborn person with a lot of determination.

Internet has a lot of ressources when you're persistent. And french has many similarities with the english.

Last edited:
X

xibalban

I did earn CLB7 in 3 skills (W, R and L), but got only CLB4 in one (S).
In my case It took me 4 months of study to achieve that (2 hours of strict study every week day, and a couple hours on weekends).
Because I didn't have anyone to practice the speaking, I couldn't reach but CLB4.
I was kind of depressed because I thought that I wasn't going to get any points, but to my surprise I got the regular 9 points of the secondary language (3 points for each of the 3 skills that I got with CLB7, and none for the skill that I got CLB4).
If my only chance to get an ITA depended on getting my french speaking to CLB7, given that I know that the other 3 skills are CLB7, then I would get myselft to speak in french at least for one or two hours of every day for two months to get to my objective.

In short, I don't think it is impossible at all, but it does take a lot of determination and effort. It is not something you can do if you only study when you have free time. You have to take apart the time to study.
But I would say, from no knowledge of french to a CLB7 in all 4 skills, it can take 4 to 6 months for stubborn person with a lot of determination.

Internet has a lot of ressources when you're persistent.
And, you never knew a word in French before you started to study? If yes, then hats off to you!!

ivancabrer

May 5, 2017
Santo Domingo
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
NOC Code......
And, you never knew a word in French before you started to study? If yes, then hats off to you!!
I knew like a 5% of what I know now. Negligible.

I did this to study:
I started Duolingo and realized I knew almost NOTHING, then moved to Edito B2 when I finished the Duolingo french. Then started watching tv (with french audio and captions) and reading (a short novel). And that was it, CLB7 in 3 skills.

It is very doable, but you must be stubborn and not be intimidated because of a test. I paid my test when I only had less than 3 months of studying. That forced me to study harder.