May 5, 2017
Santo Domingo
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
NOC Code......
Wow, this process really makes one go over a ton of anxiety. o_O
Just yesterday I received my TEF scores (I took the test on April 28th). I was very happy because I got B2 in 3 of the 4 skills, and in Speaking I got B1 (and I think it was enough to secure some points). However, the NCLC considera the score I got in that skill as CLB4, not 5 as I initially thought. So, even when I got CLB 7 in three skills, because of the one I got in CLB4, I got 0 CRS points. :oops:

Anyway, as we have to be positive, I'll take this test certificate as a Win, because I was able to do it in only 4 months of study (without having much knowledge of french before). And, in the long run, when I arrive to Canada, I know I could still use it in my resume to get job offers.

As I haven't maxed out my IELTS neither (because of the Speaking too, I got 6.5 instead of 7, failing to get the bonus points), it would be a better alternative for me than taking the TEF again.

But my point is this, if I really needed the french points, I would take the TEF again, concentrating mostly in the Speaking part, and I know I would be able to get CLB7 in a couple months, getting both, the regular Second Language points, and the bonus French points too. So, for the people that are seeing the June 6th changes as a threat, do not. Take it as an opportunity to challenge yourself to learn this beautiful language, and to make this the additional step to build the ladder that takes you to Canada.

Cheer brothers! :)
If you're below 400, use these changes to your advantage. If your above 400, let's hope you won't need to, but know this is a real option.

As for me, I'll wait a couple draws at 412 before deciding to take the NOI or retake the IELTS.

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
I guess the next draws will be as follow:

1. 7th June (or Week 2) Score 407
2. 14th June (or Week 3) Score 403
3. 28th June (or Week 5) Score 399

+/- 2 Variance

There was a confusion regarding CIC immigration Year start and end date. Some says it's Jan-Dec and some believe it's Oct-Sep. However, CIC in reports have stated that for the purpose of quotas dates starts in April and end in March.

Good Luck Everyone.

ivancabrer

May 5, 2017
Santo Domingo
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
NOC Code......
I guess the next draws will be as follow:

1. 7th June (or Week 2) Score 407
2. 14th June (or Week 3) Score 403
3. 28th June (or Week 5) Score 399

+/- 2 Variance

There was a confusion regarding CIC immigration Year start and end date. Some says it's Jan-Dec and some believe it's Oct-Sep. However, CIC in reports have stated that for the purpose of quotas dates starts in April and end in March.

Good Luck Everyone.
Bill, we sure appreciate your possitivism. However, in that projection you're assuming 3 consecutive draws? (31st, 7th, 14th)
:D

Maybe they do next draw on June 14th, not trying to be a hater here, I would love for 3 consecutive draws. But you know it would be a very large stretch.

I think if the next draw takes place on:

7th June: 407 (+/-2) with 3,800+ ITAs
14th June: 410 (+/-3) with 3,800+ ITAs

But I'm pretty nervous because of the effects that the 6th June changes might cause.
We sure hope for a 7th June draw, as many people here would be really happy.

gotodxb

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
30-08-2017
Passport Req..
29-09-2017
LANDED..........
25-10-2017
just received my second updated ECA.. 9 days after document submission.. WES rocks this time..

Diploma ( two years) and bachelors degree ( 4 years)

hopefully this bumps my points from 402 to 433 with two degrees option.. :)

mihirparker

Star Member
Jun 14, 2016
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-05-2017
AOR Received.
09-05-2017
Med's Done....
24-06-2017
Passport Req..
20-07-2017
Hi guys,
Just popping in to wish all of you the very best of luck for the upcoming draws, stay positive, the scores are 200% coming down.:);)

sapandoshi

Oct 26, 2015
India
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Hi ,

I have a 403 .
I messed up my IELTS ( R:6 , L : 7.5 , W : 7.5 , S:8 ) .
Should I book again ? Please advice ....
Absolutely, just go ahead and book your IELTS. More focus required in Reading and Listening to get CLB 9 in it.

KingKurly

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2017
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I do have a contract and job offer paper and I will attach all that paper too but just worrying about permanent word.
I am not 100% sure, but very sure having a word Full Time should be good enough. A senior members would be in good position to clarify.

KingKurly

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2017
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow, this process really makes one go over a ton of anxiety. o_O
Just yesterday I received my TEF scores (I took the test on April 28th). I was very happy because I got B2 in 3 of the 4 skills, and in Speaking I got B1 (and I think it was enough to secure some points). However, the NCLC considera the score I got in that skill as CLB4, not 5 as I initially thought. So, even when I got CLB 7 in three skills, because of the one I got in CLB4, I got 0 CRS points. :oops:

Anyway, as we have to be positive, I'll take this test certificate as a Win, because I was able to do it in only 4 months of study (without having much knowledge of french before). And, in the long run, when I arrive to Canada, I know I could still use it in my resume to get job offers.

As I haven't maxed out my IELTS neither (because of the Speaking too, I got 6.5 instead of 7, failing to get the bonus points), it would be a better alternative for me than taking the TEF again.

But my point is this, if I really needed the french points, I would take the TEF again, concentrating mostly in the Speaking part, and I know I would be able to get CLB7 in a couple months, getting both, the regular Second Language points, and the bonus French points too. So, for the people that are seeing the June 6th changes as a threat, do not. Take it as an opportunity to challenge yourself to learn this beautiful language, and to make this the additional step to build the ladder that takes you to Canada.

Cheer brothers! :)
If you're below 400, use these changes to your advantage. If your above 400, let's hope you won't need to, but know this is a real option.

As for me, I'll wait a couple draws at 412 before deciding to take the NOI or retake the IELTS.
Thats incredible. Hats off to you mate! That is some progress you did with French. To get to that level in that short amount of time, you must be hard working as well as naturally gifted. I had a very hard time grasping French. In fact i quit learning and rite now, i am even forgetting all and any progress i made. It took me 8 months to finish A2 Beginners. It definitely is a beautiful language no doubt. I need to spend at least 3-4 hours a week even by myself. But i like your thought process. Its the big picture, its not just about gaining points, but making your CV more attractive and salable upon getting to Canada. The main reason i quit was of course it was difficult to manage time with 48 hours of work/week. But most importantly we do not have TEF exams here in my country, just DELF/DALF. So there was no point continuing and spending my hard earned lil bit of money lol. Anyway, after reading your post, i am deffo gonna practice on my own, hopefully after the weekend lol. Cheers mate :)

arunroy007

Star Member
Jan 4, 2017
Virginia Beach
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-11-2016
IELTS Request
06-25-2016
For people who are panicking or SPOILING this "Ray of HOPE" thread thinking about June 6 changes, please do some calculations yourself

1. French Changes: It is not easy to learn French ( check posts above and below this) and even if you do, it would take some time from now. Folks who already know French would be in Canada by now due to provintial nominations. So I would not even count them in to affect the current pool

2. Sibling Changes: Only folks on or above 398 (+15=413) would increase the next cutoff to be above 413. considering that only a few folks have siblings in Canada and provinces provided additional weightage for candidates with siblings earlier for PNP, I dont expect more than a couple % to have siblings

So even if we think that 5% (which is very liberal) to increase their scores with June 6 changes

Currently in the pool from May 31st
411-420 1,878 everyone above 413 cleared. lets say we have ~600 between 410-413
401-410 4,112
391-400 3,641 ~1000 in 398-400
Total of 5700 (im rounding it to 6000) above 398

So max 5% of 6000=300 people would be an impact for scores to go above 413 (which is very minimal). Yes there would be others who would have improved their language scores or got PNP, but that has been there always and scores have dropped to 413 with them. So please don't cover the light as it keeps burning to provide "RAY OF HOPE"

PS: Scores will drop even post June 6 changes.

Last edited:

ivancabrer

May 5, 2017
Santo Domingo
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
NOC Code......
Thats incredible. Hats off to you mate! That is some progress you did with French. To get to that level in that short amount of time, you must be hard working as well as naturally gifted. I had a very hard time grasping French. In fact i quit learning and rite now, i am even forgetting all and any progress i made. It took me 8 months to finish A2 Beginners. It definitely is a beautiful language no doubt. I need to spend at least 3-4 hours a week even by myself. But i like your thought process. Its the big picture, its not just about gaining points, but making your CV more attractive and salable upon getting to Canada. The main reason i quit was of course it was difficult to manage time with 48 hours of work/week. But most importantly we do not have TEF exams here in my country, just DELF/DALF. So there was no point continuing and spending my hard earned lil bit of money lol. Anyway, after reading your post, i am deffo gonna practice on my own, hopefully after the weekend lol. Cheers mate :)
Thank you! :)
I actually toke at least two hours every week day, after coming home from work, to study before doing anything else.
I know life can get in the way, but I really don't think I'm naturally gifted, just very focused when I want something. And we all here want to go to Canada real hard.

It is a shame that in your country they don't give the TEF exam, as that could really be a nice incentive for you to get to continue learning. But, hey, you can always continue to learn in Canada.

As for the forgetting your knowledge part, I try watching movies and tv series in french (with french or english captions) at Netflix USA (I use a VPN), because my region doesn't have many french titles. But it's an option to watch and listen to french things to force you to remember the words. Also, you can download ebooks in french versions, I find that it helped me a lot to improve my reading skills to read a short novel, as practice.

pessacanada

Champion Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
You can check this website in your country: http://www.alliancefrancaise.org.np/courses/certification/
Contact them by phone and tell them you want to pass TEF for Canada immigration, I guess they can help you )))

Reactions: KingKurly